Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,683 of 1,842 1 2 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1841 1842
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
OutFreakin'Standing!!!! Now that's a deer camp! Sorry Ma missed and Joey didn't get the shot, but the season is early and ChickenBuck is alive with activity. Good things are sure to come. Keep the camera rolling.

As an aside, 5* is a bit sporty, even for us Northerners. wink

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yer gonna need a bigger freezer! Nice problem to have, lol.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Cheers Dave,

Hoping you & the ChickenBuckers score some more yet too !

It's great to hunt with your family & friends. I work harder to make sure the others succeed, before getting to serious myself.

wink wink blush

Psst; did you use the shame stick, last weekend ?

Or were you concerned about your future sleeping arrangements !

I have a double shaming to perform. Young Joseph got down from his stand in pursuit of the 4 deer that I let walk his direction. He jumped them and took a shot at a running doe.... and missed. lol

Pam and Joey both have a shaming coming.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Absence of degrees this AM. Zero degrees F

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
A view from my winter endurance testing station.

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
As a person that has been shamed with the stick of shame, it is not to be taken lightly. One feels shame for several years after being touched. It affects your daily life and makes one reflect on how to improve.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heck, I made being shamed over a missed shot into a profession and an art form!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Started getting my stuff ready to gut the deer. I look up through the windshield, and there' s a deer standing in the trail. I very slowly retrieve the rifle from the case, and grab for a shell. Of course, the first shell I grab is the empty from shooting the first deer. I grab another shell, slowly load the gun, and step to the side of the truck. Gun goes off, and the deer bolts off the trail. My son is walking my way by now to help me gut the first deer. As I see him coming, I tell him to check where I shot at the second deer, as I wasn't sure if I hit it or not. He says he's got blood. I tell him to go after that one.

Sooooo, you knew the lad was coming and you shot down the trail he'd be traveling?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave Sir ! You are tougher than wood pecker lips !

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Just got back into town. Our group has seen lots of small does this year, waiting for something bigger.

Heading up again on Thursday with my daughter.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Started getting my stuff ready to gut the deer. I look up through the windshield, and there' s a deer standing in the trail. I very slowly retrieve the rifle from the case, and grab for a shell. Of course, the first shell I grab is the empty from shooting the first deer. I grab another shell, slowly load the gun, and step to the side of the truck. Gun goes off, and the deer bolts off the trail. My son is walking my way by now to help me gut the first deer. As I see him coming, I tell him to check where I shot at the second deer, as I wasn't sure if I hit it or not. He says he's got blood. I tell him to go after that one.

Sooooo, you knew the lad was coming and you shot down the trail he'd be traveling?

No Skane-the deer walked out behind me on the trail I'd just walked out on, not the one my son was coming from. How I walked by that deer and neither one of us saw each other is weird, but that's what happened.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I have nine degrees this AM.

We plan to head back to camp Thursday after work. Hunt friday, saturday, sunday.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bewty Mate, hoping you have a great time together !!

& good eats.

& coupla adult libations.

& Pam & lil Joe make amends.

& you, you handsome bugger, do what you do best !

smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We are headed to my buddys shack for a kids weekend. We usually do it every year on the second weekend. Buddy and the kids, including mine will head up thursday night. I won't be there until Saturday. Hopefully, they'll have one hanging when I get there so I don't have to hunt. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brought this one home from Camp Handwerk in northern MN on Monday.

[Linked Image]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Great buck Skane! Looks like a MN buck with that thick neck.

My daughter had another big buck experience on Monday night. This one wasnt nearly as big, but still big. It walked into her corn food plot from the opposite side and....and....and....nothing. Disappeared. She walked out to the truck mad again! I had to turn away cuz I was chuckling so hard.

Corn comes out on Thursday. This might turn into a goat rodeo this weekend!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Congrats, That's a nice buck anywhere, but especially on the range where they eat rocks and red willows to survive. No corn fields, no big feed piles or agricultural fields to time "feed time" and sit and wait for them to come out into the wide open. No sir, that's timber hunting and it doesn't get any more fair chase than that in my opinion.

There's a little extra something about that particular feather in your hat.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
* Nothing wrong with fields, corn plots, feeders etc. I'm just saying, it's a step closer to a caveman hunting with a rock and a sharp stick.

It's all cool, just a different cool. (which I happen to be quite fond of) lol

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Great buck Skane! Looks like a MN buck with that thick neck.

My daughter had another big buck experience on Monday night. This one wasnt nearly as big, but still big. It walked into her corn food plot from the opposite side and....and....and....nothing. Disappeared. She walked out to the truck mad again! I had to turn away cuz I was chuckling so hard.

Corn comes out on Thursday. This might turn into a goat rodeo this weekend!

Thanks.
I feel sorry for the buck that allows your daughter to get a bullet in him - with her recent frustration, she's likely not going to stop hammering him until the mag is empty. laugh

WWP53D
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Excellent buck SKane! Care to share some details on the shooting iron?

Originally Posted by northern_dave
Congrats, That's a nice buck anywhere, but especially on the range where they eat rocks and red willows to survive. No corn fields, no big feed piles or agricultural fields to time "feed time" and sit and wait for them to come out into the wide open. No sir, that's timber hunting and it doesn't get any more fair chase than that in my opinion.

There's a little extra something about that particular feather in your hat.

Dave, my buddy Justin that came up with us said the same thing. He's only hunted around the TC Metro area. He said "ANY deer someone gets up here is a trophy. There is nothing like hunting up here." Beating them at their own game up in this part of the state is a huge draw to me. I don't get one every year. Not even close. But I'm happy with every one of them!

Page 1,683 of 1,842 1 2 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 153, 67 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,536
Posts18,472,786
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.