Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
My English teacher tried so valiantly to teach me all about sentence structure, dangling participles, split infinitives, and all the proper skills of writing.

The poor women tried, I just am impossible.

Remember your English teacher?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Yes, we called her tube tits .

NRA Life Member 1969
OGCA
US Army 1954-1956
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, I remember my senior year English teacher. Blond hair, pretty face, flat chested, but had the nicest butt and legs.

When she would stretch to write on the top of the chalkboard, all the guys were focused.

How I learned anything with a raging chubby is beyond me.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All through high school and college, I was woefully deprived of attractive teachers. After college, I got even by marrying a very attractive elementary teacher.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Similar sort of, in that every guy in 12th grade English had the hots for her. Late 30's-early 40ish, red hair, think Lynne Russell of CNN. Nothing special about her figure but nothing to criticize either. Rhoda R., the Imperial Queen Goddess of 12th Grade English, and the single most outstanding teacher I ever had. She held us to extremely high standards and taught us to write and think at a college level. She could wither you with a glance or send you to the Heavens with a little smile of approval. When I took freshman Composition 101 at U. of Florida the instructor told me I was wasting my time there since I already wrote at a level better than most of his junior and senior students and that was all Mrs. R's doing.

The other one I remember was our 8th grade English teacher. I don't remember her name but she was about 27-28 years old and had been a Playboy Bunny in college. She always wore somewhat low cut blouses and dresses so I remember her for a different reason... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't receive much English instruction when it comes to grammar at a high level. Once I was in 8th grade - it was all literature. Later, when I studied/learned a foreign language for work, I was way behind the curve. I had to do a crash course on it.

That said I remember my literature teacher just fine. She was weird tho did let us watch Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail as an example of medieval times....

I had an English Comp professor a few years back when I went back to college that was great as well. REALLY liked her class. We were the same age and while she was a raging lib - she NEVER brought it in the classroom. Smoking hot too.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I remember my English teachers. Perhaps some of what they taught me sunk in.

But, I remember my sophomore year Health teacher way more vividly. And I know what she taught me sunk in.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My English teacher tried so valiantly to teach me all about sentence structure, dangling participles, split infinitives, and all the proper skills of writing.

The poor women tried, I just am impossible.

I married her. Okay, not my English teacher, but she was both my son's English teacher. Of course, she was my wife before she was their teacher.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I learned more from my 8th grade English teacher than from all the rest combined. We read Animal Farm, The Pearl, and The Jungle. She was an ex-nun. In college, I met my friend Ed. He was the son of a Chicago journalist and a journalism major. Ed taught me to write.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
i flunced outof skool.

My high school English teacher was 300lbs and a raging bich. There was one particular young lady in the class that I paid a lot of attention to........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I learned by far the most from my 4th grade English teacher. A guy by the name of Tom Tancredo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Tancredo

Later on he was a Republican congressman and candidate for President.

He ran a tight ship and piled the work on! I don't think he stayed long as a teacher.

Last edited by gwrench; 11/11/17. Reason: additional info

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Mine liked my writing and since we were from a small town she and I stayed in touch occasionally. She introduced me to my wife. Best thing that ever happened to me. The teacher? Not a bit attracted to her but I do remember having a couple student teachers whose classes were hard for more than one reason lol

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Unfortunately, yes.

Dyslexia and sentence structure do not mix well.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I wanted to bang my 7th grade English teacher something terrible. She took me into the boys bathroom one time and spanked me one time, and it gave me a hard-on.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only women teachers I had were either nuns or rapidly nearing retirement age. So, my mind not being distracted by spurious thoughts, I learned a lot.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

LOL
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by wabigoon

No

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Remember your English teacher?"

Oh yeah, I remember my English teacher, one Mr. C. He also taught the girls fencing team. Goodlooking dude. Always dressed in the latest ivy league style. The girls in his classes fawned over him like you wouldn't believe.

He got nailed for porking one of the team members. He ended up in San Quenton for a very very long time. Us guys thought he was a royal arsehole.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My HS English teacher was good, but not remarkable. What I do remember is bringing my .22 rifle and a shotgun to English class for a show-and-tell presentation. This was suburban NY in the 1950s. Nobody batted an eye, any more than carrying my shotgun through our small downtown over the handlebars of my bike, going duck hunting. Or carrying an uncased .22 on the bus to the next town, for shooting on the basement range at the junior HS.

Just think about the reaction if any of that should occur today. SWAT at a minimum.

It's not the guns, folks, it's the culture.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Paul39
My HS English teacher was good, but not remarkable. What I do remember is bringing my .22 rifle and a shotgun to English class for a show-and-tell presentation. This was suburban NY in the 1950s. Nobody batted an eye,any more than carrying my shotgun through our small downtown over the handlebars of my bike, going duck hunting. Or carrying an uncased .22 on the bus to the next town, for shooting on the basement range at the junior HS.

Just think about the reaction if any of that should occur today. SWAT at a minimum.

It's not the guns, folks, it's the culture.

Paul

Our physics teacher used to do a lot of gov work in the 70's. Nuclear missile stuff. He was also an AVID goose hunter and in the 90's when I was in HS - he'd roll in about 3rd period and we'd yell out the window - "show em" and sure enough - he'd have a couple of geese in the back of his SAAB.

Guns at school was a regular thing even then in the mid 90's.

Me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 2ndwind, 44automag, 673, 16 invisible), 1,518 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,486
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.