Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Wow !!!, a loose cannon that needs put in jail.

I will say if someones dog came on my property, and mauled 1 of my kids...I'd shoot that fugger dead in front of the owner too, and probably pistol whip his azz at the same time.

Where did you read a cat was mauled?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
He didn't read that. He stated the cat lover was a loose cannon who needed jail time. Mauling a child came up in his example describing what would rise to the level of a dog needing to be shot on his property.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by LarryfromBend

I live on a farm and keep semi-feral cats

I don't keep my cats on my property

Kingston, I am running out of time here as I shall have to go to bed soon, but please note that the Gentleman does say that he expects them to not return if they wander.

I currently have two cats wandering about my yard, one is from next door and the other is from God knows where, both continue to live as neither [bleep] in the sand below my kitchen window.

Hummm, so there is a God?
wink

Sorry, JS, but i couldnt help it. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I am just bored and being picky about accepting anything on face value as I know there is never any 'true' story, merely versions.

You justify the unsympathetic, insincere, and equivocal heckling of someone else's tragedy with boredom and truth seeking...

You're not who I thought you were.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
As most on here know, I'm in the process of raising a Lab puppy who is now 10 months old. We also have way too many cats. (5) My Lab likes to chase anything that runs. Some of the cats run, some of them hump their back up and bat him in the face.

Anyway,...From what I can tell, generally, Labs aren't cat killers. They're just always looking for an opportunity to play, and chasing a cat or anything else that runs from them is a great game.

That's why I have no sympathy for the guy who killed 2 Labs because they chased his worthless fuggin' cats.

To tell you the truth, I'm done with cats. I wouldn't have any of them but they're my wife's "babies". Two of them are tolerable, but 2 others are batchit crazy and another one is death on furniture.

If somebody shot the 3 bad ones I'd buy 'em a fifth of Bookers and consider them a friend for life.

But seriously,...somebody shooting my Lab would take me to a very dark place in my mind. Just reading this thread can make me feel it.

I hope I never have to visit that place. It would mean trouble for me and the person who took me there.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm right there with you, Bristoe.

Can you imagine the restraint Marcus Lutrell used when he caught the POS's that shot his dog?

Marcus Luttrell, a highly decorated Navy Seal and author of “Lone Survivor,” is still hurting three years after the murder of his beloved Yellow Labrador, DASY, by a group of thugs in Texas.

Today, Luttrell has received some measure of closure, as two of the perpetrators who shot and killed his beloved companion have been sentenced to prison time.

Luttrell, a true American hero who was the lone survivor from his fire team after an insurgent attack in Afghanistan, took the stand Thursday in the “cruelty to non-livestock animals trial” of Alfonso Hernandez, one of the two accused in the case.

Hernandez was found guilty of a state felony by a Walker County jury.

Another suspect, Michael Edmonds, pleaded guilty to the same state charge two days prior and admitted he was the one who fired the shot that killed DASY.

The night of the killing in April of 2009, Luttrell said he “heard a single gunshot, grabbed his pistol and ran next door to his mother’s residence to check on her. He then made his way down to the roadway, crawled underneath a fence and saw DASY had been shot.”

“I saw my dog in a ditch and two men standing outside the car,” Luttrell said, with his new service dog by his side on the stand. “I could hear them laughing.”

Law enforcement officers eventually caught up to the car with Luttrell’s help.

“I wanted to take a shot at the driver, but I figured if I missed and shot out the back window, I would not be able to catch them,” he added.

DASY given to Luttrell by friends to help him cope with the emotional and physical injuries he sustained while fighting in both the Iraq and Afghanistan theaters as a Navy Seal. She was by his side in Texas for four years.

Her name is an acronym of the initials of Luttrell’s team members who were killed in the firefight he described in “Lone Survivor.”

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2011/1...ering-navy-seal-heros-beloved-companion/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
no way to deal with any of this short of a modicum of common sense at every seat on the RoundTable.

growing up we had devout fox hunters in the community w/big $dogs. sometimes/often they'd get lost. after a few days they'd come wandering up, half starved looking for a quick meal. enter my grandma's yard type laying hens. they can't run fast, and the english fox hounds had a free meal. but, it could be a costly meal.

beyond that, coondogs running domestic cats up trees on a landowners property can provoke angry responses.

my mtn feist would chase neighbor cats to hell and back if they set a foot in "her" yard. afterall her name was *EL* for short.

and so it goes, a need for refrain, and rational discourse. but, alas, there's a shortage of that valuable commodity.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If somebody shot the 3 bad ones I'd buy 'em a fifth of Bookers and consider them a friend for life.

I could leave here in 20 minutes and be there in about 11 hours........But already know you gal is Russian......Much to dangerous for a 5th of Bookers.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
By Ohio law, the dog owner is at fault. Dogs can not run free here. Leashed, or fenced, but controlled. Cats are not so restricted, because they are far less dangerous, and less destructive. Some dogs have further restrictions. Pittbulls and another breed of very strong jaw, are restricted in leash type, length, and no kids on the other end. Fences have minimum standards, and they must carry at least $1,000.00 insurance on each animal.
Cats? Nope. I'm trapping feral cats 2-3 times a week.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by kellory
By Ohio law, the dog owner is at fault. Dogs can not run free here. Leashed, or fenced, but controlled. Cats are not so restricted, because they are far less dangerous, and less destructive. Some dogs have further restrictions. Pittbulls and another breed of very strong jaw, are restricted in leash type, length, and no kids on the other end. Fences have minimum standards, and they must carry at least $1,000.00 insurance on each animal.

Read: Yankee sheithole

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by kellory

Read: Yankee sheithole

It could be worse, it could be a southern sheithole.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
All those Yankee pit bulls oughta be trucked south of the Mason Dixon and set free.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
All those Yankee pit bulls oughta be trucked south of the Mason Dixon and set free.

Naw, you can't poison pit bulls, either.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston

I am just bored and being picky about accepting anything on face value as I know there is never any 'true' story, merely versions.

You justify the unsympathetic, insincere, and equivocal heckling of someone else's tragedy with boredom and truth seeking...

You're not who I thought you were.

On the other hand I am exactly who I think I am, and I am not inclined to accept a one-sided version of anything without verification.

Or do you really think someone that has spent his life cloistered in an education facility would confront another with a firearm without feeling threatened.

Mind you after seeing how a lot of posters here put their animals before everyone and everything else there is always the chance that the retired Professor was just as wacked out of his skull as those here that demand extraordinary access to privately owned lands without consideration of the rights and wishes of the property owners.

No damn different from the BLM crowd that demand everything for themselves with no consideration to others...just spoiled children with a me, me, me complex.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

On the other hand I am exactly who I think I am, and I am not inclined to accept a one-sided version of anything without verification.

Or do you really think someone that has spent his life cloistered in an education facility would confront another with a firearm without feeling threatened.

Mind you after seeing how a lot of posters here put their animals before everyone and everything else there is always the chance that the retired Professor was just as wacked out of his skull as those here that demand extraordinary access to privately owned lands without consideration of the rights and wishes of the property owners.

No damn different from the BLM crowd that demand everything for themselves with no consideration to others...just spoiled children with a me, me, me complex.

Oh you're not going to be very popular today are you? shocked

Sad to say but a good bunch of the liberal thought process has made it into the conservative consciousness in America. I fear we are losing the war.

Last edited by Fireball2; 11/11/17.

LOL
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Letting your cats or dogs roam is THE recipe for conflict with your neighbors. I thought most here would get that, guess I was wrong on that.

Yep. Maybe a shouting match or a battle of wits. I have neighbors with problem dogs and it would never occur to me to draw my weapon, even if the idiot insulted my mother. Hell, even if one of them punched me, the weapon stays holstered. Now, he may walk with a limp for a while and even talk with a lisp; but, no gunfire is required or justified over an animal on the loose. Of course, that presupposes said animal is not in an attack mode.

I agree with this, it is a matter of perspective. The cat guy pointing the pistol at the unarmed dog guy's face supersedes everything IMO and is why he should be in jail or committed to a nuthouse, which might prevent a future mass shooting. I also agree that many "animal people" are over the top and I also agree that people should not have to put up with their property being messed up by other people's animals. But none of that justifies pointing a pistol at someone's head, a call to the local animal control if nothing could be worked out between the two parties would be more like it.

For example back when I was a kid I had a bird dog that ran loose with the other dogs in the neighborhood. They got into one of the neighbor's chicken houses and killed some of his birds. My Dad got a call. He went over to the neighbor's house, apologized to him and either paid or offered to pay for his chickens. He told me I had to keep the dog confined from now on unless I wanted my ass beat. That is the way MEN handle stuff like that.

Last edited by RJY66; 11/11/17.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

What makes you think they wouldn't? There's some bad people out there and their career choice has nothing to do with it.

Anyone who would put a pistol in somebody's face and then kill both of his Labrador Retrievers right in front of him is a dangerous, evil son-of-a-bitch.

For whatever reason, you seem to want to configure the event in a manner that allows justification.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd have shot him.

Last edited by moosemike; 11/11/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe

What makes you think they wouldn't? There's some bad people out there and their career choice has nothing to do with it.

Anyone who would put a pistol in somebody's face and then kill both of his Labrador Retrievers right in front of him is a dangerous, evil son-of-a-bitch.

For whatever reason, you seem to want to configure the event in a manner that allows justification.
Stuart's a borderline troll. Pay him no mind. A Mexican really has more of a useful opinion here than some Aussie. They live closer and in some cases, live here.

I would put the percentage of liberals teaching at Universities at 75-80% or so. I guess it depends on how conservative you are as to your definition of them. I'm pretty conservative.

I have not seen too much exaggeration by Raeford and tend to take his OP pretty close to face value even with the heatedness of the situation. Fireball is right, property rights and lines should be respected. OTOH, dogs and cats will roam despite the best efforts of owners. Dogs chasing livestock around here are dead if they get caught. Dogs chasing cats might be, but usually it's an SSS deal which works best for both sides, keeping the SSSer from getting shot by the enraged proxy property violator and the violatee from losing his mousers. The game changer here is the situation itself with the potential felon shooting the animals right in front of the owner after threatening the owner with a deadly weapon. As in most LE type situations, blame on both sides but more on one than the other. 10% blame to dog owner, 90% to head-[bleep] lib cat fancier. Decent LE types saw situation for what it was and acted accordingly.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Besides never letting them outside, how in the fook do you keep a cat from roaming?

We had a couple outdoor cats briefly. One the neighbor abandoned when he moved, and one was dropped off at our house. Both were starving and I couldn't allow that. We did give them away to someone that needed barn cats. One of them we called Boy Cat ended up riding around on their pony's back, they became great buddies. That was a win/win. Otherwise, no outdoor cats for us.

A feral cat that used to climb inside my convertible at night got planted in the driveway with a backhoe. I'm not thrilled to feel the need to do that, but it needed to be done. Cats roaming isn't a good thing if you ask me. Abandoned cats even worse. We have a family cat now, and yes it stays indoors. He's ok, but just not my cup of tea. I don't want an animal that craps in the house then tries to climb up on your countertops when you're not looking. Until we broke him of that I was ready to kill him. Overall, I just don't think much of cat's.

Our Jack Russell will chase things off the property, but if I'm the one watching her, I call her back and she minds. She doesn't mind the wife and will chase other dogs off our property back onto the neighbors.

With that said, I expect the neighbors have the right to shoot her. No I wouldn't be happy about it, but I believe your dogs should stay on your own property, and if you can't control them, all bets are off. Property rights trump pet rights.

LOL
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

236 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 33 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.