T
Awesome to hear good news indeed!
Thanks for the update.
Jeff

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't know you or your family but I'm Happy and Relieved for YA'LL.

Thank God !

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
First and foremost, thanks for everyone's well wishes and prayers. It means a lot more than you'll ever know. Looking at life and death right in the face knowing the good people on this site have your back and give peace to someone in need really helped me and my wife Beth through. Seriously.

The Gyno/Oncologist prepared us for late stage ovarian cancer using all indications from the CT scan and pelvic exam. It was pretty grim. The plan was to open her up, take the softball size tumor, ovaries, uterus, debulk all other affected organs, and resect the bowel - roughly 4-7 hour operation. General anesthesia plus abdominal nerve block. 3 man team of surgeons plus OR staff and they would send someone out at the 2 hour mark for an update. She went in at 10am yesterday.

At 10:50am I see the lead surgeon in the doorway waving me to come over to the bad news private room. My heart hit the floor. I thought they lost her - there is no other reason for him to be out here so soon. As I got closer, I saw him with a slight smile. He proceed to tell me that it wasn't attached to the ovary at all, but wrapped around it and there was no way to see it from the scan. The tumor was attached like a small pumpkin to the small bowel. He said she's keeping all her lady bits and his team is out and the GI team on stand-by is in. He said the outcome now, even if it is malignant, is far better than what he had previously thought. The yo-yo of emotions was overwhelming.

At roughly 1pm the GI surgeon says she's in recovery. They cut the small bowel 2.5" on either side of the tumor leaving wide margins to get any disease infected areas. They reattached the small bowel using staples and looked at surrounding area for disease. They found none, but they took 2 partially swollen lymph nodes just in case. He said the tumor "appeared to be benign, but we won't know until we hear from pathology in 4-7 days." Did he just say what I thought he said? Sometimes the good guys win.

So now we count our blessings waiting for a report. Good or bad it still feels like we won the lotto. She's got a long road to recovery - she gets to go home when she farts and poops. Maybe a good bowl of bean soup? For now though, no foods for her, just IV, pain meds, and walking around the unit to get things moving. She didn't fully understand what happened yesterday. Today she allowed herself to breakdown with her new lease on life...every day a gift.

God bless you all.

Steve

Fabulous news!! Hope the word "benign" is in big bold letters in the pathology report!! Prayers will continue for healing and recovery!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank God!!!!

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by travelingman1
Thank God!!!!

Kinda the first two words in my mind also....

Glad the problem wasn't as big as originally expected...

Best wishes and prayers for a quick and painless recovery for you wife.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That is great news indeed. Wonderful to read that.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
This is wonderful news!

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Not sure how I missed this update Steve but sure glad I found it! I hope all continues to be well!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So happy for you both. Life is so precious.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Great news to start the day,stay strong and best of luck through this

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Great news to start the day,stay strong and best of luck through this

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
So this emotional roller coaster ride is finally coming back into the station. Long story, but the readers digest version is we went to the ER twice for stomach flu. After demanding a CT scan we find out she has a softball size mass on her ovary. She gets an ambulance ride to a larger hospital at 3:30 am. We see the Gyno/Oncologist and he prepares us for stage 4 ovarian cancer. Plan was to take out tumor and female bits. He comes out of surgery way early and says it’s not ovarian, but growing off the intestine. Another surgeon is taking the tumor out and 2” on either side of the mass. Great news! Same surgeon says it’s benign looking. Great! Resident comes in next night in the hospital and says no cancer. Awesome!

Couple days later a new oncologist comes into the room and says it was, in fact, cancer. Damn. But we can treat it with oral chemo and the tumor is gone. Another post-op CT scan found a small nodule on the lung. Damn. But the chemo should wipe it out. Awesome. 3 years of taking a pill, hopefully minimal side effects.

We are blessed. Being in a cancer center puts EVERYTHING into perspective. There is always someone who has it worse and they need our prayers more than we do.

We are optimistic and very hopeful. She’s been a trooper through this whole thing. I’m so proud of her. She is truly the best part of me.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Charlie, just a suggestion.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2016/01...annabis-oil-killed-his-incurable-cancer/

Don't know what else to say, except I personally know this man's wife and they aren't bullcrapping anyone.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sure hope you get it worked out! Will continue prayers.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm late to reply here Charlie. Of course, my prayers to you and our wife. Here's to the hopes your battery of doctors can arrest this scourge. Hang tough sir.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Just getting the update. Soooo happy and prayers answered..

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,509
Posts18,472,370
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.