Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
having been raised in a religious tradition, that is the southern baptist church tradition, i've always kinda sorta believed that baby jesus was kilt by the evil jews. well, i always knew it was the romans who actually did the deed. maybe political pressure placed upon the local governor, i don't know. maybe he felt he had no other choice than to concede to the demands of the members of the local population of predominant jews as represented by their ldrshp.

but, my question today varies from that scenario just a bit. we all know that jesus was miraculously borne. the virgin mary was a key player in the scenario. but there was the god, or king, or creator or whomever that fathered the child. if there's a mother, then de facto, there's a father of some kind, type, sort or description.

in the best and most careful of my readings and understandings, jesus's father was the mighty war god YHWH. is that true? i think it is, but i don't know for sure.

but, anyways, here's the question after having been DNA'd by 23&me dna test. how much different was jesus from the mighty war god YHWH? were they one and same? really? what makes you think that?

if they're not the same, then what are the relevant differences? and how did those differences occur or evolve?

this is a serious subject, so let's try not to hurt anyone's feelings while we make an honest effort to drill down into the heart of the matter.

jesus and his daddy YHWH, they don't seem to resemble each other. are their dna components different from each other?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gus...Man, including you and me, is a Spiritual Being inhabiting, for a time, a physical body.

God, Yahweh or whatever else He is called, is a Spiritual Being........ period.

Jesus shared the same Spirit with the Father but, like us, inhabited a physical body for a time.

So, it naturally follows that Jesus had only His mother’s dna...... unless, of course, He willed it to be otherwise.

That’s the Catch 22 when you start trying to learn about God........ He is not bound by any rules so He can change the game at will.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah I’m thinking Mary and Joseph got busy.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
thanks curdog. that's what i like most about your posts.

you recognize a savvy gambler could play dice with the best of the best, and still win every time if he so chose.

snake eyes coming up every single solitary time, everytime, if it fit the bill.

so, let's see if i'm understanding correctly, some 2,000 years after said event: god converted himself through the human dna into a physical/conscious/spiritual being that we've agreed to call jesus. is that it, pretty much?

there's been lot's of self-proclaimed messiahs over the years, but did jesus ever claim he was messiah? not to get us too far off tract?

i've always figured ol yhwh was in control of everything.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Gus, do you have a Bible around?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Gus, do you have a Bible around?

a few. which one should i refer to, in response to your request, i mean which version?

mostly i'm an old king james man, but never did much support the kings of england.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well Gus, we both be better served, if we read more Bible, and less "fire. Any version.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a good question, Gus. Don't have a good answer, never thought about it. Guess I don't see how it makes a difference in the exact composition of Jesus's DNA. He was acknowledged by Joseph and between that and Mary's lineage probably fulfilled some prophesy somewhere. Sort of ended my interest in the matter.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well Gus, we both be better served, if we read more Bible, and less "fire. Any version.

You can say that again.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My limited understanding of the scriptures tells me that Mary was overshadowed by the Holy Ghost. I believe this to be God. I also read that God created us in his own image. I figure you and Jesus would have somewhat similar DNA.

IC B3

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

after having understood how the king group in england trted my ancestors, i've questioned everything about that crowd.

Originally Posted by nighthawk
That's a good question, Gus. Don't have a good answer, never thought about it. Guess I don't see how it makes a difference in the exact composition of Jesus's DNA. He was acknowledged by Joseph and between that and Mary's lineage probably fulfilled some prophesy somewhere. Sort of ended my interest in the matter.

i don't really care either. but, i've determined there's still left amongst the rank & file a ton of folks who have questions. ya know? something about a chaldean archer working for, and assigned to the roman army occupying ancient judah & environs. maybe it's all an old wive's tale? i don't know.

dna is a fascinating subject, especially if a god can possess human dna. but, can they?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm still trying to figure out Melchizedek. confused

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
No, I do not think Joseph and Mary got busy.

My personal opinion is that Mary spent some time as a teenaged lass working as a servant girl in some rich priest's house. Possibly even the same preist who later confirmed to Joseph that Mary was indeed chaste and pure, even though she was obviously with child.

An actual DNA test of Jesus compared to John the Babtist might have found an interesting bit of commonality.

But that is just my opinion, and not to say that Jesus did not have a fine and timely message to deliver. It was high time the Judaic traditional peists got turned on their head, and beyond time for the tribes to learn to get along with other nations unstead of attempting to slaughter any peoples who stood between them and greener pastures.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gus, as far as I’m concerned, whether Jesus was actually born of no earthly father, or if the Virgin birth narrative was added at a later date to suit the Church’s teaching, is a matter of no consequence to me.

The fact that He exists today and wants a relationship with God’s created ones is what’s important.

How can we begin to understand something we can’t duplicate?

Can we reverse engineer God? What a concept.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More fun is considering the authenticy of the Shroud of Turin, a sort of related subject. Here's an interesting video featuring Fr. Robert Spitzer, trained as a physicist. Between that and his theological and philosophical training it's a pretty good presentation. The Case for Jesus: Science & the Shroud of Turin | Robert Spitzer

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well said curdog. This is somewhat interesting, but not matter how long as many 'fire members can dance on a pin, or all the math wizz's use a thousand blackboards, the question Gus asks can never be solved.

Most of you know my standard stand.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I'm still trying to figure out Melchizedek. confused

that, my friend, is an excellent challenge that you have in front of you and us.

the order of melchizedek lives on. a proper anointing lives on as a need.

Well said curdog. This is somewhat interesting, but not matter how long as many 'fire members can dance on a pin, or all the math wizz's use a thousand blackboards, the question Gus asks can never be solved.

Most of you know my standard stand.

what is the sound of one hand clapping? this question has been asked before. please don't try to answer.

just accept whatever makes the most sense and carry forward. that's the basics, i think.

i like the discussions, not that anything is ever resolved, or ever will be. that's not the point.

the point is: at least in part, we're asking "where are we, where have we been, and where are we headed next." nobody knows for sure, but it makes for good cheap, low-cost discussion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did Mary supply all of the chromosomes? If so, Jesus would have been born a clone of his mother so we'd be worshiping Golda or Ruth or Caitlin the Christ today. Now the deity or God or whatever that created all this I suppose could break his physical rules of the universe and biology and create a male child by altering the DNA of one woman and spontaneously creating a zygote if he/she/it wanted but personally I don't think it works that way.

I think it's a nice story but I don't really believe Jesus was born of a virgin*. Horus, the sun god of Egypt was also supposedly born of a virgin and despite Roman dominance Egyptian culture still exerted some influence in that part of the world, so in the early AD I'm thinking a good way to get your boy elevated status was to claim a virgin birth. That said, to me whether he was or wasn't doesn't detract one iota from the value of the teachings of the man Jesus of Nazareth.

* one could speculate on all sorts of hanky panky where some male seed got past an intact hymen for a "virgin birth" but that's a bit crude for this discussion.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image]

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
ok. so the story is, in multiple forms, both prior to and after the initiation of the christian religion into the world, that a god, or his son, incarnated on the earth. came to teach us how to be social, kind, fair and honest with each other. is that it? many virgin births in the mythology.

and god loves us all, but we still have to live, suffer, and die. but, he/they are doing their best. i like that dedication on his part.

in a science driven world, we all know that questions and the effort toward a related answer is oh so important to us humans existent in the post modern era.

so, god came to earth. he injected his son into the human race, for Teaching purposes. with me so far?

so, did his Son possess human dna or not? dna is an established fact. so, did god invade human dna to live with us?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 15 invisible), 1,656 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,588
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.