Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Interesting Gus, but I think you are barking up a wrong tree.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
i think i am too. i'm thinking of cranking the sthil 391, ranch saw, and sawing said tree down to make sure there's nothing hiding in the top branches.

oh, not to wear the subject out, but if jesus is god's son, which he might well be, not denying it....but, who was jesus's mother? male & female equals an off spring, at least sometimes.

don't shut down the questions. that's what keeps the dna functioning.

the question about a chaldean archer, enslaved to the romans who occupy israel/palestine/judah keeps coming up. why can't we put that archer to rest?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, I was going to to buy some 748 for a new .30-30 but the store will be open for a few hours still. First, the big disclaimer that this is all just my opinion and everybody is welcome to their own, in fact I strongly recommend that every one go by his or her own well examined opinions. But since you asked... wink

I do not believe that whatever created the Universe we live in - let's call it God since that's the common term - caused his only male heir to be born in a backwater country at a certain time and that was the one and only time God did this. That behavior strikes me as a bit too anthropomorphic. So Jesus as "The One and Only Son of God" ; no. However, if one wants to use human terms then we are all the children of this God, no more and no less than Jesus of Nazareth. I do think Jesus "got it" - what life is all about - more than all but a handful of folks throughout history, or maybe there were a lot more we never heard of but he had better publicists.

Going beyond what you asked:

Now we get into the metaphysical and when one tries to go there one quickly enters left field with every other strange theory of metaphysics ever invented, and they are numerous. However, I strongly believe there is something beyond our ability to see, hear, feel, taste or touch, and Jesus tapped into that better than all but a few people ever have. He tried to teach his followers this, that they could do the same things he did. Since he was a product of a patriarchal society it would be normal for him to refer to "my Father" or "the Father" a lot and I think that has been magnified a bit in areas. And then we have his back story under the control of the dominant organized political power in Europe who probably embellished things a tad here and there over the last 1400-1500 years or so.

But again, how he got here or what his personal relationship was to whatever it is that's in all of us - that's the important part - to me none of that diminishes his teachings one tiny bit.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus
having been raised in a religious tradition, that is the southern baptist church tradition, i've always kinda sorta believed that baby jesus was kilt by the evil jews. well, i always knew it was the romans who actually did the deed. maybe political pressure placed upon the local governor, i don't know. maybe he felt he had no other choice than to concede to the demands of the members of the local population of predominant jews as represented by their ldrshp.

but, my question today varies from that scenario just a bit. we all know that jesus was miraculously borne. the virgin mary was a key player in the scenario. but there was the god, or king, or creator or whomever that fathered the child. if there's a mother, then de facto, there's a father of some kind, type, sort or description.

in the best and most careful of my readings and understandings, jesus's father was the mighty war god YHWH. is that true? i think it is, but i don't know for sure.

but, anyways, here's the question after having been DNA'd by 23&me dna test. how much different was jesus from the mighty war god YHWH? were they one and same? really? what makes you think that?

if they're not the same, then what are the relevant differences? and how did those differences occur or evolve?

this is a serious subject, so let's try not to hurt anyone's feelings while we make an honest effort to drill down into the heart of the matter.

jesus and his daddy YHWH, they don't seem to resemble each other. are their dna components different from each other?

Jesus is God become man. The Godhead has no DNA. That's only a feature of earthly life. Before Jesus was born, he was one with the Father and the Holy Spirit, and had no DNA. He took on DNA when he took on a human nature. Being parts of the same Godhead, they are the same in divine nature. Jesus said that if one knew him, one also knew the Father, so we know that the Father is very much like Jesus.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I always thought the story of immaculate conception was quite clear. One only has to read it with the understanding that God is creator of all things and can do anything.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
beautiful song, my friend. thanks for posting.
for us descendents of the highland scots, that song holds identity.
the slaves were set free, after an appropriate war.
the federal gov't knows all about involuntary servitude.
just keep payin' your taxes, and your in good standing.
believe in the god of your choice, there's many choices.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus
did jesus ever claim he was messiah?

Yes. He did. That's why the scribes often tried to stone him, and eventually tried him and sentences him to death. They called it blasphemy. They understood perfectly what he was saying about himself.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Gus, do you have a Bible around?

Yeah, exactly. So much curiosity, but not enough to pick up a Bible and read it, I guess.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Many choices Gus, only ONE correct one.

IC B3

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Gus
having been raised in a religious tradition, that is the southern baptist church tradition, i've always kinda sorta believed that baby jesus was kilt by the evil jews. well, i always knew it was the romans who actually did the deed. maybe political pressure placed upon the local governor, i don't know. maybe he felt he had no other choice than to concede to the demands of the members of the local population of predominant jews as represented by their ldrshp.

but, my question today varies from that scenario just a bit. we all know that jesus was miraculously borne. the virgin mary was a key player in the scenario. but there was the god, or king, or creator or whomever that fathered the child. if there's a mother, then de facto, there's a father of some kind, type, sort or description.

in the best and most careful of my readings and understandings, jesus's father was the mighty war god YHWH. is that true? i think it is, but i don't know for sure.

but, anyways, here's the question after having been DNA'd by 23&me dna test. how much different was jesus from the mighty war god YHWH? were they one and same? really? what makes you think that?

if they're not the same, then what are the relevant differences? and how did those differences occur or evolve?

this is a serious subject, so let's try not to hurt anyone's feelings while we make an honest effort to drill down into the heart of the matter.

jesus and his daddy YHWH, they don't seem to resemble each other. are their dna components different from each other?

Jesus is God become man. The Godhead has no DNA. That's only a feature of earthly life. Before Jesus was born, he was one with the Father and the Holy Spirit, and had no DNA. He took on DNA when he took on a human nature. Being parts of the same Godhead, they are the same in divine nature. Jesus said that if one knew him, one also knew the Father, so we know that the Father is very much like Jesus.

ok, fair enough, i reckon. so, by some process, understanding, or set of conditions, god decided to use a virgin girl to incubate, then incarnate his only Son? is that it? not sayin' he didn't. just asking if you believe that is what he did? and then i ask why? why would he choose to do it that way. why not just let baby jesus appear in a wicker basket and float down a river until a young priestess/goddess find it, adopt it, and then raise it as one of her own? she wouldn't have to do that, the basket could flow into fast water and overturn and said baby be eaten by a nile crocodile? seriously, we're dealing with a story here, in the face of many competing stories. who's gonna come up with the better story at the end of the day?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I'm still trying to figure out Melchizedek. confused

He was the original priest appointed by God. The Hebrew priesthood started by Moses was a different line of priesthood. Jesus is a priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Melchisedec WAS God.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
That said, to me whether he was or wasn't doesn't detract one iota from the value of the teachings of the man Jesus of Nazareth.

There have been many "great teachers" over the millennia. What makes Jesus different and standout is His resurrection from the dead.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus
ok. so the story is, in multiple forms, both prior to and after the initiation of the christian religion into the world, that a god, or his son, incarnated on the earth. came to teach us how to be social, kind, fair and honest with each other. is that it? many virgin births in the mythology.

and god loves us all, but we still have to live, suffer, and die. but, he/they are doing their best. i like that dedication on his part.

in a science driven world, we all know that questions and the effort toward a related answer is oh so important to us humans existent in the post modern era.

so, god came to earth. he injected his son into the human race, for Teaching purposes. with me so far?

so, did his Son possess human dna or not? dna is an established fact. so, did god invade human dna to live with us?

Teaching was a very small part of Jesus' mission. His main purpose was our redemption through his sacrifice on the cross.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus
i think i am too. i'm thinking of cranking the sthil 391, ranch saw, and sawing said tree down to make sure there's nothing hiding in the top branches.

oh, not to wear the subject out, but if jesus is god's son, which he might well be, not denying it....but, who was jesus's mother? male & female equals an off spring, at least sometimes.

don't shut down the questions. that's what keeps the dna functioning.

the question about a chaldean archer, enslaved to the romans who occupy israel/palestine/judah keeps coming up. why can't we put that archer to rest?

Gus, I suspect you're only trying to stir up trouble, and not actually interested in learning what Christianity and Bible teach about Jesus.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Someone needs to bring up SIN. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross to save mankind.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I'm still trying to figure out Melchizedek. confused

He was the original priest appointed by God. The Hebrew priesthood started by Moses was a different line of priesthood. Jesus is a priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

there it is again: the order of melchizedek.

Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
That said, to me whether he was or wasn't doesn't detract one iota from the value of the teachings of the man Jesus of Nazareth.

There have been many "great teachers" over the millennia. What makes Jesus different and standout is His resurrection from the dead.

he wasn't really dead, was he? i mean a lowly human, even a jew or roman surrogate can't kill a true god, can they? if so, how? seriously, the story needs to be addressed in current terms & understandings.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Mary supplied the body and God the Father supplied the blood.

Sinless blood that is because nothing else would/will work.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus

he wasn't really dead, was he? i mean a lowly human, even a jew or roman surrogate can't kill a true god, can they? if so, how? seriously, the story needs to be addressed in current terms & understandings.

"Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost." - Matthew 27:50

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 78 invisible), 3,043 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,353
Posts18,487,900
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.