Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m disgusted with the whole affair.

Watched two Raiders games at the beginning of the season but none since and I’ve already told the wife we’re taking a trip somewhere on Super Bowl Weekend, probably to the coast and go wine tasting.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I still order my Corona NFL style

With a lime?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jk16
When my comes to my spare time-

NFL= NOT F*CKING LIKELY

This! That !@$% Kapernick needs to be tarred and feathered and deported to Somalia. What a total ingrate. 😡

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by KFWA
I doubt there will be much difference at this point. I'm thinking the people that don't want to watch already have made the decision, and the people that do aren't going to care about honoring veterans over watching their favorite sport.

Sorry, you're wrong. I know of 25 family members that are avid fans that will be doing something else.

they watched the games until today?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Haven't watched a single game all year. Not going to start now.

I watched 2 Steeler games over 2 years. That stunt in Chicago of hiding in the locker room "to avoid controversy" killed my 45 year love of the Steeler Nation. They're dead to me.
What frost me is the so-called patriots who are boycotting for Veterans Day only. I've got too many friends and loved ones who proudly served that flag, and too many friends and loved ones whose coffins were covered with it.
Edited to add.
Love of country is not something you do one day a year.
Screw the NFL
7mm

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by jk16
When my comes to my spare time-

NFL= NOT F*CKING LIKELY

This! That !@$% Kapernick needs to be tarred and feathered and deported to Somalia. What a total ingrate. 😡

Kapernick is not a big deal.

He is just one peckerwood,
in a world populated with many.

The NFL, however, and their lack of standards and values, now there's the problem!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I disagree with your assessment of Kapernick- as much notoriety as he got for his little stunt, it would be sweet to see him humbled, if not educated-he's too stupid for that.

However I totally agree with you as far as the powers that be in the NFL are concerned. They could stop this thing in its tracks. That they already haven't speaks volumes.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ya know, I was thinking about this this morning. Most of the active players have already made their millions and don't have a lot to lose.

The owners and the next "generation" of starters are the ones who will feel it in their pocketbooks. Most of the owners are good enough business people to figure this out pretty quick if we keep the pressure on.

Haven't watched a game all year and don't intend to.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thursday, I was hunting with a couple of friends I've hunted with for years. One asked me if I watched NFL on TV and I told him no-way. My Grandad fought in France in the war to end all wars, my Dad was in the Korean conflict and there's no way on God's green earth am I going to honor a bunch of ingrates by watching them trash freedom earned by others willing to die for this country

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I doubt there will be much difference at this point. I'm thinking the people that don't want to watch already have made the decision, and the people that do aren't going to care about honoring veterans over watching their favorite sport.

Sorry, you're wrong. I know of 25 family members that are avid fans that will be doing something else.

Yeah, Why?

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Butch, if I remember your grandson kicked for WVU a couple of years ago, and was very good. Is he playing in the league now? What's his take on all this?

As far as me, I haven't watched a game this year. They pissed me off too bad and almost everyone I know of my age feels the same way.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I hear the contract for Thursday night football is up for next year and so is Goodells contract. Could be a few changes in the offing. Got a good 40# 3 mile hike done along with some work out in the pole barn.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 11/12/17.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
As my mom took me to Brunch after church the Packers were on. I found myself getting upset when the Pack missed a pass, or the Bears got some good yards. I found myself not liking the emotions and remembered it was one reason I stopped watching. Glad I did , however it was nice to se Ty Montgomery run a 40 yds touchdown. He was invited to our church 3 weeks ago and he seems like a decent guy. He slapped all the little kids a high 5 and talked with them. Still I won't watch an NFL game. I go take a hike in the woods and enjoy Sundays a lot more now.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Go to church, then go hunting and/or fishing, or shooting. I know a church in the country that guys come in their camo hunting gear and have their dogs in the trucks ready to go after service.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yeah, Why?

You should commend them for their sacrifice.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Go to church, then go hunting and/or fishing, or shooting. I know a church in the country that guys come in their camo hunting gear and have their dogs in the trucks ready to go after service.

+1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I will NEVER watch the Nation Felon League, nor will I buy ANY of their products!

Good Americans cannot support or allow this to exist!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boycott the NFL forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Amen^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GREAT RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am downright pissed about this. I swear I won't watch the NFL for a second 50 years.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, Why?

and they'll go back to watching the games again next week?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,062
Posts18,482,445
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.