Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,685 of 1,842 1 2 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1841 1842
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great stuff Dave & team ChickenBuck !!

Elliot looks damned tasty.

Congratulations Missy.

That trail, in the photos, sure is "pounded". Someone's going to score there if enough time is spent !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well I got super lucky on Friday night. 20 minutes after getting to my stand, I had this guy come walking down my shooting lane. We have had him on trail cam all year. My brother saw him get shot at last weekend. This is the biggest buck I have ever shot and as you sit and look at him he just keeps growing! For those of you interested in numbers, he scored 149 (147 as an 8 pointer). His G2 is over 12". he is 19" wide (inside) and weighed 205 field dressed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well done Berettaman!!! great buck!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave

[Linked Image]

11 pointer!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
is that muffy

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by whipholt_wahoo
is that muffy

yep

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that's an awesome buck, congratulations!

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane
Well done Berettaman!!! great buck!

+1 !

Awesome.

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by northern_dave

[Linked Image]

11 pointer!

ROR !

11 pointers make the best eating !

Paul.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Niiiiiiice!

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Camp Isabella report.

This is the year the camp wasn't.

Once we left highway 1 heading up the forest road we had to cut about 8 trees out of the road to get to camp. Then we spent a good amount of time shoveling snow to put up the tents. Once tents were up setting them up with gear took the rest of the day and half the next.

Day two, Friday, was spent trying to get stands up. It was a no go, snow took down so many trees we couldn't get to the stand locations. I hunted Saturday in one area I could get to on foot. Got back to camp and found road was blocked again by more trees down. Saturday night snow off trees around camp was falling and trees were threatening to fall on the tents. Camp boss, wife, got up at 0430 when snow/slushballs began hitting the sleeping tent. When I got to the cook tent the decision was made to break camp.

Spoke to the CO/warden Sunday afternoon when he made it to camp to check on us and found he had to cut his way in also. Came home after 4 days in camp.

It is sad to not hunt but conditions were as the wife said depressing.

On a positive note the freezers are still full of deer and elk..

I am enjoying all the success the rest you are having and the pictures are great.

Keep it up and good luck to the Wisconsin hunters.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Tjay, that is theshits.

Sorry to hear.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sorry to hear about that TJAY. I was wondering how you guys were fairing up that way. We had 10" + just north of duluth and I know there was more further north.

The mini-man and I are headed to WI on Friday to try out luck there. He thinks he can beat his last years time of shooting a deer 3 minutes into the season. We shall see. His dad would like to shoot one too. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TJAY
Camp Isabella report.

This is the year the camp wasn't.

Once we left highway 1 heading up the forest road we had to cut about 8 trees out of the road to get to camp. Then we spent a good amount of time shoveling snow to put up the tents. Once tents were up setting them up with gear took the rest of the day and half the next.

Day two, Friday, was spent trying to get stands up. It was a no go, snow took down so many trees we couldn't get to the stand locations. I hunted Saturday in one area I could get to on foot. Got back to camp and found road was blocked again by more trees down. Saturday night snow off trees around camp was falling and trees were threatening to fall on the tents. Camp boss, wife, got up at 0430 when snow/slushballs began hitting the sleeping tent. When I got to the cook tent the decision was made to break camp.

Spoke to the CO/warden Sunday afternoon when he made it to camp to check on us and found he had to cut his way in also. Came home after 4 days in camp.

It is sad to not hunt but conditions were as the wife said depressing.

On a positive note the freezers are still full of deer and elk..

I am enjoying all the success the rest you are having and the pictures are great.

Keep it up and good luck to the Wisconsin hunters.

That sucks, but we seem to remember the good trips and like a 50 fish day on dry flies, the anticipation of another great trip keeps us going back...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Sorry to hear about that TJAY. I was wondering how you guys were fairing up that way. We had 10" + just north of duluth and I know there was more further north.

The mini-man and I are headed to WI on Friday to try out luck there. He thinks he can beat his last years time of shooting a deer 3 minutes into the season. We shall see. His dad would like to shoot one too. laugh

Good luck Tom and Jackson.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Shrapnel

Isn't that the truth.

We are already planning how to get the most out of next year.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Why were all the trees falling? Dead? A little snow shouldn't fell a tree. Sorry to hear about that---it is just bad luck! Sometimes lady luck shines upon us and sometimes she can be downright crabby. The good news is those deer didnt get hunted and will be oh-so-easy to hunt next year!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Why were all the trees falling? Dead? A little snow shouldn't fell a tree. Sorry to hear about that---it is just bad luck! Sometimes lady luck shines upon us and sometimes she can be downright crabby. The good news is those deer didnt get hunted and will be oh-so-easy to hunt next year!

You obviously haven’t seen pictures from up there. First, it wasn’t a little snow. Second, most of the trees are lined up there and the ground is rock or swamp.So, the root system doesn’t run real deep. Or deep at all. There are trees down minutes after someone clears the road. It was a very heavy, wet snow.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
tzone nailed it. The smaller tree just lean over blocking everything and the larger one tip over pulling up the roots.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We had lots of small tags and diamond willow drooped over and across our narrow walking trails to our stands. When it happened (like the night or 2 before opening morning) it was ice that helped bring them down, and wind. some extra weight and wind. A couple of our freshly cleared easy walking trails turned into jungle gyms. We had other trees down along our truck access trail to the cabin, but amazingly enough not a single one went down across the trail.

Holy crap it's windy up here tonight. If this wind keeps up through the night.... Should be in a deer stand int he AM tomorrow.

Something clever here.

Page 1,685 of 1,842 1 2 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.