J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by larrylee
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
My question is,
In 1979 was a 14 yo girl considered under age in Alabama?

In 1979 was your head up a Muzzie's ass?

No it wasn't. Is yours now?
Are you saying that in the south it wasn't common for 14-15 yo girls to be married and have kids? Some southern states had very young age of consent.

16 was the age of consent. There were several girls I grew up with that were pregnant before they turned 16, usually to someone older than them. This was late 80's/early 90's. I know one girl that was married the day after she turned 16 to someone her father picked out who was probably 20-25 years older than her. It was a common practice for there to be a big age difference between married couples here. There is a 14 year age difference between Moore and his wife.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
NOT ONE of the women said he had sex with them. They said he tried, but they refused, and he took them home. It is not illegal for a 16 year old in Alabama to date anyone older. The 14 year old in question today said she has had 3 divorces, and needs MONEY. Hmmm.

My grandfather got out of WWI and married my grandmother. He was 32, she was 19. My father got out of WWII after being in the army for 5-6 years and married my mother who was 12 years younger. My uncle was 26 when he got out of college after working his way through, sometimes part time, and his wife was 16 at the time.

Moore was a West Point graduate, then spent about 4-5 years active duty army during Vietnam. He went to law school. In Alabama at the time most girls married around 19 after high school. He had few choices, unless they were divorced and probably had children already. So he dated young. This in not unusual. Men who served in WWII many times married much younger girls, because older women were already married, were old maids, and/or had children. Many men don't want to raise another mans children.

Some 14 year olds dress and act like they are 20, and can fool guys.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The LaCrosse players were complete exonerated. The witch who accused them admitted that she invented it all. The prosecutor who pushed it so hard was eventually disbarred for dishonesty during the investigation.

And what happened to Twanna Brawley and that dimocrap biotch Anita Hill?
Yeah, women can destroy men and their reputations and walk away clean. Chrystal Mangum, the stripper in the Duke case, wasn't charged with anything. The cops and the prosecutor got hammered, though.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Moore is way behind in the polls, possible that Sessions could take it,,,and leave his position.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Moore will win, Jeffery Dahmer would get more votes in AL than a Democrat. But this is exactly what the Democrats want. They know they have zero chance in AL anyway. They will use this to paint all Republicans as perverts to win Democratic seats in other closer states.

And I believe Moore is dirty. He should drop out, but he won't unless Trump tells him to. And maybe not even then. I don't see anything that rises to a criminal level, yet. But it is a question of character, and he has none. Based on the things he has admitted to, forget accusations he denies, this guy is sick in the head.

Why wait 40 years? My wife and I are slightly older than the accusers, being in HS during the 1970's. My wife, between the ages of 14 until we married at 25 had multiple indecent proposals by much older men. Many married, some single, all in management or positions of authority who could have made things bad for her if she spoke up. Nothing that ever led to groping, she flatly turned them all down. And while they did nothing illegal, it does speak to their character. Today all of those men are in their 70's or 80's and retired, Speaking up now or even then would serve no purpose with these men.

BUT...

If one of those men were running for Senate. And they were running on a platform of high moral character she would certainly be mad enough to speak up and expose them. She probably wouldn't. But if someone came to her and directly asked, she damn sure wouldn't lie to protect the SOB.

That is exactly how we get to these women, and I believe them. We are up to 5 now, and none spoke up until approached and asked if the rumors were true. We are now at 30 witnesses who back up claims that the man was creepy and made them uncomfortable. Co workers at the time describe him as weird. Mall security guards are now coming forward saying that they received complaints from teenage girls at the mall about him and he was on their watch list. The guy is a perv and to hide behind God and religion is disgusting.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B2

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
JMR, I will wager at least half of congress are creepy pervs and they watch each others back, regardless of party affiliations. Their disdain for Moore is more than hypocrisy. They know Moore will be a fly in the ointment, that he will scream to high heaven and expose the swamp. What you see here is a war between the swamp and the common man. Make no mistake, it has NOTHING to do with being a perv.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
When I was in high school (1983 graduate) I was crazy about a pretty little blond girl my age but could not get the time of day from her. She was ALWAYS dating much older guys and I think she was pretty proud of it. Told me flat out one time that I was cute but was still just a "boy" and she liked MEN....we were both 17. She wound up marrying a guy in his 40's when she was 24.

Both myself and the guys I went to church with dated younger girls in their teens when we were in our twenties. One of them asked me out. We were "looking for wives" and they without doubt were looking for husbands, and a bunch of those situations led to marriages. These young girls looked at an older guy who had a car and a job as "mature" and her parents were on board or chances are the dating would not have gotten off the ground.

I also smell a rat. I imagine Ole Roy was viewed as quite the catch by both the girls AND their parents. A lawyer and a DA? Umm yeah. Would not surprise me one bit if some of these girls were not pushed by their mothers to "get him" and it would not surprise me one bit if he jilted some of them and they are getting "payback" and a few bucks to boot.

A wise man once said it takes two to tango. He said that because it does.

Last edited by RJY66; 11/15/17.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't imagine it was common practice in 1990 or 1979 for 16 year old girls to get married, even in the rural south.

I was 16 in '82, and I was in rural Kentucky - and don't try to tell me that is more "progressive" than rural Alabama, and that wasn't common. It happened but to say its common I believe is too much of a generalization.

I'm thinking maybe 4 out of 100 at best. Now 17, 18? - summer after high school graduation - different story. maybe as high as 20 out of 100.

Now in areas where there is nothing but farming, I'm sure those numbers are higher, but I still can't believe it was common.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/15/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by KFWA
I can't imagine it was common practice in 1990 or 1979 for 16 year old girls to get married, even in the rural south.

I was 16 in '82, and I was in rural Kentucky - and don't try to tell me that is more "progressive" than rural Alabama, and that wasn't common. It happened but to say its common I believe is too much of a generalization.

I'm thinking maybe 4 out of 100 at best. Now 17, 18? - summer after high school graduation - different story. maybe as high as 20 out of 100.

Now in areas where there is nothing but farming, I'm sure those numbers are higher, but I still can't believe it was common.

It was pretty common where I lived in AL. I consider 4 out of 100 pretty common.

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
There were several girls I grew up with that were pregnant before they turned 16, usually to someone older than them. This was late 80's/early 90's. I know one girl that was married the day after she turned 16 to someone her father picked out who was probably 20-25 years older than her. It was a common practice for there to be a big age difference between married couples here. There is a 14 year age difference between Moore and his wife.

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by KFWA

You guys are out of touch with how it worked around here.

My wifes parents married in 1970 at the ages of 30 and 17. Her grandparents married at 36 and 16. 4 out of 100 is way low.

The deep south in WWII all the way through Vietnam was poor (and still is for the most part). Most women/girls in that time period were looking for a provider. They were lucky to have plumbing and electricity at home. They needed a way out. Established older men that could provide was desirable for teen girls and their parents. There was none of that touchy feely crap, no Valentines Day roses, it was survival.

Moore served his younger years in Vietnam. Not much dating going on over there. Came home, got a law degree, and was quite the catch for young women. Of course he took advantage of that. Duh.

It isn't that we blindly follow here in Bama, quite the opposite. We know what the hell is going on in this situation while the rest of the country gets fleeced. He hasn't even been accused of breaking any laws. This whole thing has SWAMP written all over it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I will guarantee you, that if this was a Democrat candidate, and it was boys instead of girls that he was accused of dating, the media would be covering up for them. But, since Moore is Republican, and heterosexual, he is being condemned.

I am trying to keep an open mind about this, best as I can. If a 32 year guy "dates" a girl of legal age, and I think that was 16 in Alabama, then it's pretty much nobodies damn business. Yeah, maybe it would be a little creepy, but it happens a lot, and not just in rural Alabama either.......and not just among Republicans. However, a 32 year old man "dating" a 14 year old girl is more than just creepy, it's just flat wrong. and I can't see it any other way. It's also the timing that bothers me as much as anything else, as this is a story that should have come out years ago. Especially if there was any substance to it.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
With all this going on about Moore, not a peep hardly about Bob Menendez and his corruption and bribery trial. And this is current event, not 40 years old.

Jury is currently deadlocked and this will likely to end in a mistrial if what I read is correct. frown

Judge sent the jury back into deliberations yesterday but the juror who was dismissed last week to go on vacation made some public comments that a majority of the jury was in favor of acquittal.

Not surprised this ended in a mistrial.

Emotional Menendez thanks family, jurors after judge declares mistrial

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep, its getting to the point libs or blacks will vote guilty on their own kind.

I can see the time when a black guy can kill someone, or two, and any jury with a couple of blacks will guarantee a hung jury- again.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Theo Gallus,

And you have anything more than SPURIOUS ACCUSATIONS to support your views & silly BLATHER??
(I think: NOT.)

In case you don't know, about HALF of "reported sexual abuse & rape complaints" are PROVEN to be FALSE. Also, an estimated HALF of legitimate rape & related sex crimes are NEVER officially reported.
(We LEOs find about about those incidents "more or less by accident" while investigating other crimes. - I spent a goodly portion of my LE career in Crimes Against Persons.)

There is NO "good news" about rape/sex crimes. = IT'S ALL BAD NEWS.

Note: Most NON-LEOs would be stunned by the number of "intact" VIRGINS, who state that they were raped.
(Sometimes it is difficult to figure out what, if any, crime to charge the defendant with in those cases. - I once had a "not very bright" 29YO virgin, who stoutly claimed to have been raped. - She was carefully interviewed by my female partner & a detailed examination by a female MD & after all these years, I'm still not sure that happened that night BUT I'm sure that "something untoward" & CRUEL happened to her.)

Further, when the sex was "with consent", it doesn't become "rape" by MAGIC when/if she decides that she wishes that she had NOT said, "YES" one/two/three or more weeks later and/or when she finds herself pregnant..

yours, satx

Last edited by satx78247; 11/16/17. Reason: addenda

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Some 14 year olds dress and act like they are 20, and can fool guys.

Personally, I've SEEN 14-16YO HS girls who LOOK >25YO & who claim to be "over 21". = When I see such girls & how they dress/act, I wonder if their mothers/fathers are BLIND or just CLUELESS..

Btw, one of my cousins married a 37YO man as soon as she was "of legal age" to marry. - 22 years later, they are still married & now have 3 kids.
(He paid for her RN training & both of them are now RNs at a large Dallas hospital.)

yours, satx

Last edited by satx78247; 11/16/17. Reason: clarity

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If you believe the polls Moore is Down 50-42.

Looks like the good citizens of AL are buying into the establishment smear campaign.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
steve4102,

And you actually believe the polls by the left of center "news media"?? = Remember the 2016 Presidential polls that said that HILLARY was "SURE TO BE elected"??

yours, satx

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does anyone really think they are going to find an honest jury in NJ?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It happened all the time down where i lived in MS.

It is not that hard to believe if you lived it.

Around here when my daughter was in high school,there was a group of gals that had a type of club that awarded points for sleeping with married men.

One of them is a cousin.
Several were good looking and if you didn't know it they looked in their 20's.

One can never say it can't/won't happen because it did and in some places it still does.

Back then a lot of the gals were looking for a way out of their condition and getting married was one way.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Moore will win big roll tide

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

738 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10ring1, 74 invisible), 2,923 guests, and 1,526 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,737
Posts18,475,977
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.