Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Super Deal on Laser Rangefinders

We hooked up with a company named Velocity Optics. They offer good quality at very low prices. We were amazed with a couple of their rangefinders and decided that these were an incredible value so here we go.......

Velocity Hunter 660 Rangefinder
660 yards, scan mode, compact design, 6x coated optics, wide field of view, ½ second ranging time and accuracy with +/- 1 yard.
Priced at only $99.99

Velocity Hunter 1100 Rangefinder
Similar to above but ranges out to 1,100 yards + Angle Compensation and is only $129.99

These use a CR-2 battery which is included as is a case.

No, these are not anything newer in the world of technology then other companies offer. We feel that for the price nobody else comes close for a good quality unit. Yes, made in China. Most laser rangefinders come from China but are priced way more than these.

Please feel free to give us a call, 516-217-1000, with any questions.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you.
Have a great day.

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000, 212-753-5128
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com
Long Islands Largest Camera and Sports Optics Superstore

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Absolutely no offense intended, but I am somewhat concerned with the direction your product line seems to be headed.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I can't find a web site for Velocity Optics nor any reviews for Velocity Range Finders. I'd like to know more about these.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Absolutely no offense intended, but I am somewhat concerned with the direction your product line seems to be headed.

What is it that concerns you?
We stand behind companies that are proven in the industry:
Leica
Swarovski
Kahles
Kowa
S&B
Bushnell
Nikon
Leupold
Zeiss
Steiner
Meopta

In the past year or 2 we have added:
Konus
Hawke
GPO - This past year when they came on the scene

We recently added Athlon who makes an extensive line of riflescopes that parallel other scopes that are available from other mfg's but sell for 30-50% less $$. To us this is a great find on a quality product.

Now we have added the Velocity Rangefinders as they are a good quality and inexpensive rangefinder line. I know the person who is behind the company and they know what they're doing and is a long time industry professional.

We are in our 60th year in the Photo/Optics industry and do not have any intention of belittling our reputation carrying product lines we feel would be inferior. Not everyone is a Swarovski, Leica or S&B client. Some folks are looking for quality affordable optics and we feel it is our job to seek out reputable lower priced, yet still quality, options. This is why I go to SHOT Show each year, to look at new products from companies we have long standing relationships with as well as to poke around and try to find new lines.

We are always looking for quality products and new opportunities to share. Just because a company has been around a long time doesn't mean that they have maintained their level of quality and will continue to remain at a level that they once were. Unfortunately, some companies go down hill over time thinking they can skimp on quality control once they are a known entity. It's our job to pay attention to this as well. In the end it is not the mfg alone you are buying from us, it is us as well. It is our reputation and that means a great deal to us.

Remember Saab? Minolta? Konica? All big named companies. All no longer around. At one time they were great strong companies. Things change and we try our best to stay on top of changes in the industry as well as the latest and greatest developments.

Last year at SHOT we we opened up with AimCam. Never heard of them before. So much better than a GoPro. New company, new idea. Great product.

Please feel free to call us with your concerns or comments. PM us. We are always open to listen.

Thank you

Last edited by gr8fuldoug; 11/15/17.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Alright, I wish you the best.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most companies offer top of the line products and lower priced products.As long as the company is honest and takes care of the customers what does it matter. I bet they sell a lot more $200.00 Rangefinders than they do $800.00 and there profit margin is probably better on the cheaper ones. As long as they aren't telling you the $200.00 one is better than the $800.00 one its all good. Dougs Company seems to be pretty classy.

Last edited by 7mmMato; 11/15/17.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have nothing bad to say about Doug or his business. What little I business I have done with him has been completely positive in every way.

I guess where I have issue is the recent influx of Chinese stuff....then Athlon really took the cake. Opinions may differ, but that company has had snake oil written all over it since the Facebook gypsies started pimping their wares. Now this....then again, you are right. People will buy more cheap junk than good junk, and at the end of the day, keeping the lights on is the goal.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
I can't find a web site for Velocity Optics nor any reviews for Velocity Range Finders. I'd like to know more about these.

Velocity Optics is just starting out and in the stages of building out their website. Since I am good friends with the owner of the company he allocated the initial launch of products to us. If for any reason anyone who purchases one of the Velocity Rangefinders isn't satisfied you can return the product for a refund. In our opinion, for the money there is nothing out there that is a better quality and value and we wanted to get some in time for Christmas shopping.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have no experience with their products, but I must say this new startup selected a great name for a company centered on producing glass for the shooting sports: Velocity Optics

I’d be willing to try a rangefinder with that kind of backing from Doug.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks Doug. I will call later today and order one of the 99.00 rangefinders for a Christmas present for my brother.

Dan

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For what it's worth, my Leupold rangefinder was made in China. It was just as accurate as my Leica and Bushnell, just alot smaller and lighter. It's not all junk coming from China.

A
A
Can you ship rangefinders to Canada?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by liliysdad

I have used Doug for a couple of purchases in the past - knowledgeable and he beat the prices of larger outlets. I would not hesitate to buy from him again and am confident he will stand behind his products, no matter the price

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doug- any idea what the non-reflective ranging capability is on the 1100? Thanks.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Doug- any idea what the non-reflective ranging capability is on the 1100? Thanks.

I would think 650ish yards would be more than a safe bet at least

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AlbertaTristan
Can you ship rangefinders to Canada?

Yes, we can, however, we have to remove the Lithium battery as those cannot be exported. Yes, I am not making that up. It makes no sense to me, but they never asked my opinion smile

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

284 members (1_deuce, 300_savage, 17Fan, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1100mag, 36 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,077
Posts18,501,567
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.