GB1

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
How Freudian that they drew that.....being the Navy and all.. grin

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by atvalaska
He did that over a libtard city...he/crew will take in in the azz

Wrong, he did it over a small conservative town, Omak.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Pugs

The Growler has no ability to create smoke like this and as I said, no Hornet (or frankly anyone else in TACAIR) is dumping gas to do this. The OKANOGAN MOA is a good distance across the Cascades from NAS Whidbey. Wx at Whidbey today was typical winter with three cloud layers. Not a place I want go go home skosh on fuel. IF they did do this by dumping then that's a whole new conversation on airmanship and one that is likely to result in some wing popping maneuvers (as in wings flying off these guys chests)

I'm about 99% sure that was done with the fuel dump, that's how we'd do stuff like that when I was flying C's and D's. If I remember right the dump rate was about 1000 lbs. a minute and that'd take a couple of minutes to do. Probably someone out doing a FCF (a post maintenance check flight) and had some extra gas to get rid of. I agree the bosses aren't going to be happy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Pugs

The Growler has no ability to create smoke like this and as I said, no Hornet (or frankly anyone else in TACAIR) is dumping gas to do this. The OKANOGAN MOA is a good distance across the Cascades from NAS Whidbey. Wx at Whidbey today was typical winter with three cloud layers. Not a place I want go go home skosh on fuel. IF they did do this by dumping then that's a whole new conversation on airmanship and one that is likely to result in some wing popping maneuvers (as in wings flying off these guys chests)

I'm about 99% sure that was done with the fuel dump, that's how we'd do stuff like that when I was flying C's and D's. If I remember right the dump rate was about 1000 lbs. a minute and that'd take a couple of minutes to do. Probably someone out doing a FCF (a post maintenance check flight) and had some extra gas to get rid of. I agree the bosses aren't going to be happy.

At Whidbey the FCF's were usually done in the Darrington Special use airspace which was over the mainland close to Whidbey. If it was a Pro D over Smith Island since you didn't have to go to altitude. I can't imagine anyone would go over the mountains to do a check. I can't image dumped fuel hanging in the air that long. It disperses pretty quickly and like I said, dumping overhead is one thing. Dumping that much gas that far from home would just be dumb. The only close divert field to that MOA is Moses Lake and a little farther Fairchild.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Allen,
Do you think that the crew will probably lose their wings? Also, and I don't mean this as a commentary on the crew necessarily but how could they think that they wouldn't get in a heck of a lot of trouble for that stunt?

Last edited by 340boy; 11/17/17.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
Allen,
Do you think that the crew will probably lose their wings? Also, and I don't mean this as a commentary on the crew necessarily but how could they think that they wouldn't get in a heck of a lot of trouble for that stunt?

In this day and age who knows. It depends as much on who their CO and the Wing Commander is and the stand they take. I'm 10+ years senior to those guys. No clue who they are.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like a hot dog with glasses on or a symbol of what’s headed for Rocket Man.

C
CMH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
So it was like the Bat Signal, but for sailors?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CMH
So it was like the Bat Signal, but for sailors?

Send us more sheep...

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Somebody e-mailed me that article and asked "when did you join the Navy."

Aviators rule. I hope they give the guy a medal.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Cshit is hitting the fan over that. I would claim it was a hat.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Hat with a tall crown. Whats everyone getting their panties in a wad for ?? lol

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Definitely fuel dump. But unusually crisp lines for dumping. I think they should factor in the quality of the art. Well done!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any news as to the aviator's fate? I hope that they get away with nothing more than a 'slap on the wrist'.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's the BFD? Waaaaaaaa.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 340boy
Any news as to the aviator's fate? I hope that they get away with nothing more than a 'slap on the wrist'.

I'm thinking he/they chose to risk it all for a shot at Naval Aviation immortality........

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't believe the butthurt over a vapor penis, damn bunch of pansies anymore. Well done airmen!

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Since it was a navy jet.....
it was drawn by seamen?

that's just nuts!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

261 members (280Ackleyrized, 204guy, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,621
Posts18,474,015
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.