Hop To
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by gregintenn

My point is, don't let stuff you read on an internet forum bother you. If you can't do that, walk away.

So what you're really saying is you like it when someone says to you "Your wife likes to take it in the ass" and you prefer that over civility.

No. I'm saying it doesn't really bother me. I don't believe you've ever heard me say anything like that anyway.

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
How about conservative knife owners/sellers?

More Bitching

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've got about a quarter acre of river cane about 18' tall,......not counting almost as much honeysuckle.

Cutting and chipping is going to be a major element of my life from here on out just to keep it from getting totally out of hand.

If you are going to buy one.......buy the biggest, meanest chipper your budget will suffer.

Those little tin jobs with a 5 horse Briggs will not chip faster than river can will grow.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've got about a quarter acre of river cane about 18' tall,......not counting almost as much honeysuckle.

Cutting and chipping is going to be a major element of my life from here on out just to keep it from getting totally out of hand.

For about $100 I can have a guy show up here with a small bulldozer and take care of something like that in no time. Not nearly as enjoyable as spending $1500 on a wood chipper, but much better allocation of money.

YMMV

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

If you are going to buy one.......buy the biggest, meanest chipper your budget will suffer.

Those little tin jobs with a 5 horse Briggs will not chip faster than river can will grow.

Yeah,....I'm looking at 10 HP and up models.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
For the record, I still think you are taking the piss.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead

For about $100 I can have a guy show up here with a small bulldozer and take care of something like that in no time. Not nearly as enjoyable as spending $1500 on a wood chipper, but much better allocation of money.

YMMV

Yeah,...but then I'd have a moonscape there,...*and* a dozer pile to deal with.

I want to keep my acre of scrub timber, I just don't want it to turn into 5 acres.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

A call for simple civility is completely lost on this crowd. They can't help but make it personal.

The truth is, I left once before for exactly the same reason, but it's even worse now than it was then. I came back for the Savage Collectors forum and the few good threads that enrich a persons life. Where else can a person get Bristoe but on the campfire? smile Sadly, those threads are fewer and fewer, while personal insults and attacks are more and more. I get insulted daily and normally choose to ignore it. The point is, it's not about me, that's a false argument. It's about the campfire.

I still post on my hunts, or other this and that's, as do others. I try to contribute on blacktail deer, bear hunting, and Savages. normally with photos and a storyline for fun reading. Plenty of back and forth on the Savage forum and I've taken some good-hearted ribbing and even some vitriol for my Savage project rifles. Greg just slammed me above for it in fact. So what, that's not what I'm talking about. Those are what makes the campfire enjoyable, and that's why I'm here, same as most others.

But ask yourself if the people that spend an inordinate amount of time attacking other people are here for the same reason. Let me know what you come up with.

LOL
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

That won't be as bad as chipping tree limbs, especially dead wood.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

YMMV

He'd better live next door, not many machine operators are loading a machine on a trailer, hauling it down the road, off loading it...much less starting the machine/fuel usage, and running it for $100 ?

Here it's a minimum $400 charge, unless you have a friend with a machine...then it's $600 + free lunch and beer.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

YMMV

I want to keep my acre of scrub timber, I just don't want it to turn into 5 acres.

No, not at all.

I love you, but you're that city guy that moves to the country and all the locals say 'WTF is that dude doing now', whilst shaking their heads

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by smokepole

That won't be as bad as chipping tree limbs, especially dead wood.

No,...as far as chipping goes, it's not going to be one of the tougher jobs.

I worked on the road dept back when I was fresh out of high school. They had some of those monster chippers for chipping up roadside clearing.

Chucking logs into one of them things all day was bad duty.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Bristoe, I cant remember.....do you have a little tractor with a PTO?

Over the years we have had good luck with DR brand products. They have a line of chippers.

There are also used machines that Tree Service companies use. Often times the used models can be had for under 3 grand...if its old and small.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2

But ask yourself if the people that spend an inordinate amount of time attacking other people are here for the same reason. Let me know what you come up with.

Ask yourself why that matters so much to you.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

YMMV

He'd better live next door, not many machine operators are loading a machine on a trailer, hauling it down the road, off loading it...much less starting the machine/fuel usage, and running it for $100 ?

Here it's a minimum $400 charge, unless you have a friend with a machine...then it's $600 + free lunch and beer.

He does, about 2 miles. I had 2 houses on my property when we bought it. The other house was about 750 square feet. I paid $800 for that to be torn down with an escavator, then loaded into a dumb truck and hauled off. It took about 5 trips with his truck to haul it all off.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

YMMV

No, not at all.

I love you, but you're that city guy that moves to the country and all the locals say 'WTF is that dude doing now', whilst shaking their heads

Nah. My neighbors know I'm a good guy already. None of them have dozer piles on their property either. They understand why someone wouldn't want a dozer to come flogging through a pristine piece of Bluegrass horse country.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Ok, sounds like you got it all figured out.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Bristoe, I cant remember.....do you have a little tractor with a PTO?

No,...I'd sure like to, but the budget is fairly strained at the moment.

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (2ndwind, 3040Krag, 270cowboy, 358WCF, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 50 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,021
Posts18,520,787
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.