Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Got a buddy, an Army veteran who's working for the DoD and knows people in the Military community.

So all second or third hand.....

Problem seems to be that the Seals changed their stories, making them suspects.Three theories mentioned to him.

1) They were wresting or whatever and it all went wrong.

2) They didn't like the guy over some prior slight, jumped him and it all went wrong.

..and the theory in the MSM....

3) the Seals were skimming from the witness fund and the Ranger found out.

Ain't heard anything about this case mentioned on the 'fire, which seems odd. But I've been a bit scarce of late.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First I heard of it.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Wasn't a Ranger. E-6, 3rd SF Group.
Bob

Last edited by RGK; 11/18/17.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Given their ToO It's not too hard to imagine the SEALS doing something not in the playbook and the Ranger threatened to make a report. That was my first guess.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RGK
Wasn't a Ranger. 3rd SF Group.
Bob

Yep.
Not heard much of late, but it sure doesn't sound good.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Prwlr
First I heard of it.

I expect you can google as well as I can but here's a link that ain't MSM....

https://www.armywtfmoments.com/2017/10/2-navy-seals-suspicion-strangling-green-beret-mali/

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I heard it was some skimming/extortion ring that was accidentally discovered and they were unable to buy the Rangers silence. I sure hope not but even SEALs are human and subject to the temptations of greed. It’s a damn shame to think that guys that are that accomplished and successful would do such a thing to a brother in arms....sad, sad, sad.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
CMH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
POS seals were found to be thieving and the Green Beret wouldn't go along with it so they killed him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CMH
POS seals were found to be thieving and the Green Beret wouldn't go along with it so they killed him.

That is my understanding as well. But I haven't heard much about it lately. When I first heard that I was like "what the hell", that's pretty damn sad to see our best soldiers murdering each other.
☹️😡

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
As RGK said the strangled soldier was Special Forces AKA Green Beret AKA Grean Beanie and while many SF guys wear a Ranger tab they are Special Forces with a ranger qualifier (they've been to Ranger School) and many SF guys have served in a Ranger Battalion they are not the same.
If you called a Ranger serving in Ranger Regiment a Green Beret in a bar he'd probably try and kick your teeth in especially if he was a young one. A typical SF guy would just laugh and say he had a long tab.

The following is a joking way of explaining the difference between the 2 units/soldiers.

The Chief of Staff of the Army asked his Sergeant Major, who was both Ranger and Special Forces qualified, which organization he would recommend to form a new anti-terrorist unit. The Sergeant Major responded to the General's question with this parable: If there were a hijacked Boeing 747 being held by terrorists along with its passengers and crew and an anti-terrorist unit formed either by the Rangers or the Special Forces was given a Rescue/Recovery Mission; what would you expect to happen?

Ranger Option

Forces/Equipment Committed: If the Rangers went in, they would send a Ranger company of 120 men with standard army issue equipment.

Mission Preparation: The Ranger Company First Sergeant would conduct a Hair Cut and Boots Inspection, while the officers consulted SOPs and held sand table exercises.

Infiltration Technique: They would insist on double timing, in company formation, wearing their combat equipment, and singing cadence all the way to the site of the hijacked aircraft.

Actions in the Objective Area: Once they arrived, the Ranger company would establish their ORP, put out security elements, conduct a leaders recon, reapply their camouflage, and conduct final preparations for Actions on the OBJ.

Results of Operation: The Rescue/Recovery Operation would be completed within one hour; all of the terrorists and most of the passengers would have been killed, the Rangers would have sustained light casualties and the 747 would be worthless to anyone except a scrap dealer.

Special Forces Option

Forces/Equipment Committed: If Special Forces went in, they would send only a 12 man team (all SF units are divisible by 12 for some arcane historical reason) however, due to the exotic nature of their equipment the SF Team would cost the same amount to deploy as the Ranger Company.

Mission Preparation: The SF Team Sergeant would request relaxed grooming standards for the team. All members of the team would spend a grueling afternoon at a quality spa ensuring physical abilities would be honed.

Infiltration Technique: The team would insist on separate travel orders with Max Per Diem, and each would get to the site of the hijacking by his own means. At least one third of the team would insist on jumping in HALO.

Actions in the Objective Area: Once they arrived , the SF Team would cache their military uniforms, establish a Team Room at the best hotel in the area, use their illegal Team Fund to stock the unauthorized Team Room Bar, check out the situation by talking to the locals, and have a Team Meeting to discuss the merits of the terrorists' cause.

Results of Operation: The Rescue/Recovery Operation would take two weeks to complete and by that time all of the terrorists would have been killed, (and would have left signed confessions); the passengers would be ruined psychologically for the remainder of their lives; and all of the women passengers would be pregnant. The 747 would be essentially unharmed, the team would have taken no casualties but would have used up, lost, or stolen all the "high speed" equipment issued to them.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodgefan
As RGK said the strangled soldier was Special Forces AKA Green Beret AKA Grean Beanie and while many SF guys wear a Ranger tab they are Special Forces with a ranger qualifier (they've been to Ranger School) and many SF guys have served in a Ranger Battalion they are not the same.
If you called a Ranger serving in Ranger Regiment a Green Beret in a bar he'd probably try and kick your teeth in especially if he was a young one. A typical SF guy would just laugh and say he had a long tab.

The following is a joking way of explaining the difference between the 2 units/soldiers.

The Chief of Staff of the Army asked his Sergeant Major, who was both Ranger and Special Forces qualified, which organization he would recommend to form a new anti-terrorist unit. The Sergeant Major responded to the General's question with this parable: If there were a hijacked Boeing 747 being held by terrorists along with its passengers and crew and an anti-terrorist unit formed either by the Rangers or the Special Forces was given a Rescue/Recovery Mission; what would you expect to happen?

Ranger Option

Forces/Equipment Committed: If the Rangers went in, they would send a Ranger company of 120 men with standard army issue equipment.

Mission Preparation: The Ranger Company First Sergeant would conduct a Hair Cut and Boots Inspection, while the officers consulted SOPs and held sand table exercises.

Infiltration Technique: They would insist on double timing, in company formation, wearing their combat equipment, and singing cadence all the way to the site of the hijacked aircraft.

Actions in the Objective Area: Once they arrived, the Ranger company would establish their ORP, put out security elements, conduct a leaders recon, reapply their camouflage, and conduct final preparations for Actions on the OBJ.

Results of Operation: The Rescue/Recovery Operation would be completed within one hour; all of the terrorists and most of the passengers would have been killed, the Rangers would have sustained light casualties and the 747 would be worthless to anyone except a scrap dealer.

Special Forces Option

Forces/Equipment Committed: If Special Forces went in, they would send only a 12 man team (all SF units are divisible by 12 for some arcane historical reason) however, due to the exotic nature of their equipment the SF Team would cost the same amount to deploy as the Ranger Company.

Mission Preparation: The SF Team Sergeant would request relaxed grooming standards for the team. All members of the team would spend a grueling afternoon at a quality spa ensuring physical abilities would be honed.

Infiltration Technique: The team would insist on separate travel orders with Max Per Diem, and each would get to the site of the hijacking by his own means. At least one third of the team would insist on jumping in HALO.

Actions in the Objective Area: Once they arrived , the SF Team would cache their military uniforms, establish a Team Room at the best hotel in the area, use their illegal Team Fund to stock the unauthorized Team Room Bar, check out the situation by talking to the locals, and have a Team Meeting to discuss the merits of the terrorists' cause.

Results of Operation: The Rescue/Recovery Operation would take two weeks to complete and by that time all of the terrorists would have been killed, (and would have left signed confessions); the passengers would be ruined psychologically for the remainder of their lives; and all of the women passengers would be pregnant. The 747 would be essentially unharmed, the team would have taken no casualties but would have used up, lost, or stolen all the "high speed" equipment issued to them.

That's awesome and pretty damn funny😃😃

James Elroy Flecker

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

http://americanmilitarynews.com/201...-to-cover-up-cash-heist-new-report-says/

...Army Staff Sgt. Logan Melgar had reportedly told his wife he had a “bad feeling” about two of his partners who were from SEAL Team 6, The Daily Beast has exclusively reported; Melgar told his wife he’d fill her in on the “full story” when he returned home – but Melgar did not make it home...

...“Melgar, two special operations sources say, discovered the SEALs were pocketing some of the money from the informant fund. The SEALS offered to cut him in, but Melgar declined, these sources said,..”

...The SEALs attempted to open an airway in Melgar’s throat, officials said. It is unknown whether Melgar died immediately. The SEALs and another Green Beret, according to former AFRICOM officials, drove to a nearby French clinic seeking help. Melgar was dead when he arrived at the clinic, the official said. Asphyxiation was the cause of death...

...The SEALs reportedly changed their stories from when the death was initially reported to after the autopsy came back and revealed strangulation.

The two Navy SEALs initially said they found Melgar “unresponsive” in his embassy housing in Mali, Africa, according to a new Military Times report. But when the autopsy came back and revealed Melgar’s death to be strangulation, the SEALs reportedly told investigators that “the three roommates had been grappling,” Military Times reported....

^^^ It could happen. ^^^

Bouncer at a local bar wound up unintentionally killing an allegedly unruly combative patron he was trying to subdue with a choke hold.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The story I read the other day said the 2 SEALs claimed Melgar was very drunk and started the fight/grappling.
Then the autopsy report supposedly showed no trace of alcohol in his system.
That story also claimed Melgar had discovered the SEALs were stealing money and that is why they killed him.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I read somewhere that one of the Seals had been a professional MMA competitor before enlisting so I would expect he would be the prime suspect for a choke hold gone wrong. They may have been tough enough to get to be Seals but surely they we're pretty effing stupid to claim the dead guy had been drinking as they reportedly did.

Seems like the murdered soldier's widow has been exemplary so far, from the accounts her husband had told her something was off about the two Seals and that he would explain when he came home.

If I were King I'd let the other Seals handle this, if it really was the base betrayal of everything our Military stands for that it sounds like it could be, surely a couple of HALO jumps sans parachutes would be appropriate, with or without crushed larynxes as deemed appropriate at the time of the drop.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'll wait to see if anybody is charged and convicted.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I'll wait to see if anybody is charged and convicted.

Dave

I agree, and I hope we will find out that no foul play was involved.

James Elroy Flecker

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I think death by strangulation likely rules that out; whether anyone is charged and convicted is another matter.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
If I killed some guy, even in horseplay, I'd expect to face charges. If I had lied about any of it, I'd consider myself Fckd .

If TWO of us had lied about it, we'd both be uber fckd.

Like what was said, doesn't seem like the guy strangled his own self.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
If I killed some guy, even in horseplay, I'd expect to face charges. If I had lied about any of it, I'd consider myself Fckd .

Like what was said, doesn't seem like the guy strangled his own self.

The bar bouncer I spoke of in my previous post who killed the unruly customer with a choke hold was convicted and served some time in prison but but got released on parole after serving the minimum sentence allowed for what ever level and degree of homicide he was convicted of.

If this Navy SEAL thing gets drug out with no real resolution for so long that it more or less disappears for lack of interest I imagine many will likely start suspecting a cover-up and that the powers that be either already know or discovered that the extent of corruption leads much higher up the chain of command, is more widespread and involves much greater amounts of money.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._in_iraq_and_afghanistan_center_for.html

Last edited by joken2; 11/19/17. Reason: Added link
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The Army Ranger knew that the NAVY SEALS were going to pound his ass so he committed suicide by strangling himself.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (12savage, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 160user, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,895
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.