Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Some good points, bhemry.

Also of note, the cars have changed quite a bit in the last five years too. The lack of downforce has stumped even the top tier drivers. In reality, she is better than a dozen or more drivers that just get 0 coverage. Loose and tight are good to know, but adapting to those conditions all by with changing track conditions, and knowing how to survive till th next pit stop are not easy against the likes of Kyle Busch, Jimmy Johnson, or Truex.

Let's face it, Dale Jr. gets the same equipment as Jimmy, and just can't do it. I hate Kyle Busch, but that SOB can drive anything. Being 20-25th at that level is quite an accomplishment against the good ole boys that take glee in your failure.

Sean

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So as a fan you got tired of her getting unearned attention..OK, I get that, but did she ask for that attention I'm thinking any woman in NASCAR will automatically get that attention whether they want it or not?

Honestly, no, she didn't ask for that attention. And, as a woman in NASCAR, she knew she would get that attention by being the only woman, just like Bubba Wallace is getting it now for being the only black. Neither one was the first woman or first black, but they are both the first in a long enough time that it seems like a first to most. It is the "novelty" of being "unique" in the sport, plus the desire by the network to further "diversity" that puts the focus on them. However, it was the non-stop lecturing by the announcers that made me resent her. By endless, I mean throughout every race, seemingly all race, for the first couple of years, not like a mention once in awhile.

The attention being brought to a driver, is good for marketing, and sponsorship is probably more important than driving skill (although they kind of go hand in hand), because in NASCAR right now, the crowds are dwindling, money and sponsorship is drying up, and good drivers are losing their rides because of it. Like Matt Kenseth who is out after a pretty successful career, because the sponsorship/ $$ aren't there to pay him what it takes anymore.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
some folks just don't get it.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Why all the animosity towards Patrick...Not NASCAR follower, but had no idea people were not fond of her..wondering why?

Let me try and explain it.
Other than winning some go kart racing when she was just a child she went on to win a formula V championship (the lowest form of open wheel racing).
He father pimped her out as the next Janette Guthery and got her a Indy Lights ride. That is where the big promotion started. Even though she had a very mediocre success her "people" got her the publicity to get the sponsorship to jump into a full Indy car ride with a top ranked team. In Indy car she was excepionly mediocre running mid pack in a car that should be running top five. She won one race that was rain shortened on a fuel call.
A win is a win and races are won and lost with pit calls but what differentiates a lucky call and a true competitor is the consistency of top 3's or 5's that put you in the position to win. So according to her finishing record that win was pure luck.
With Go Daddy money she bought a NASCAR ride with SHR. A top ranked team. She spent one season running the Nationwide series with miserable results. But the money was good and NASCAR wanted the diversity so she jumped into a cup car with the potential to win races. She won the pole at Daytona, her first superspeedway run and went downhill from there. While she was crashing cars or running mid pack her teammates were winning races and championships, consistently running in the top ten. She has finished every season in the mid 20's while her teammates running the same cars were in the top ten.
She could be still running cup races if she was a real racer and loved to race if she took a ride in a second tier team but she doesn't want that because it will show just how bad she is.
She was nothing but a diversity publicity stunt. There are a lot of very good drivers stuck in second or third tier team that have better finishing records than her. Artic Almirola came out of NASCAR's diversity progam but has paid his dues with good runs and a win driving a third tier one car team. He got good sponcership buy proving his worth. That's why he is taking her ride.
Respect is earned. She never paid her dues, she advanced in her carrier not with results but with PR.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bhemry
So as a fan you got tired of her getting unearned attention..OK, I get that, but did she ask for that attention I'm thinking any woman in NASCAR will automatically get that attention whether they want it or not?

Honestly, no, she didn't ask for that attention. And, as a woman in NASCAR, she knew she would get that attention by being the only woman, just like Bubba Wallace is getting it now for being the only black. Neither one was the first woman or first black, but they are both the first in a long enough time that it seems like a first to most. It is the "novelty" of being "unique" in the sport, plus the desire by the network to further "diversity" that puts the focus on them. However, it was the non-stop lecturing by the announcers that made me resent her. By endless, I mean throughout every race, seemingly all race, for the first couple of years, not like a mention once in awhile.

The attention being brought to a driver, is good for marketing, and sponsorship is probably more important than driving skill (although they kind of go hand in hand), because in NASCAR right now, the crowds are dwindling, money and sponsorship is drying up, and good drivers are losing their rides because of it. Like Matt Kenseth who is out after a pretty successful career, because the sponsorship/ $$ aren't there to pay him what it takes anymore.

Bubba has paid his dues more than most. He is a wheel man that can drive the heck out of a car. To bad he is stuck with a crappy ride. He needs money is all. He has shown he can run with the other young guys in trucks and Xfinity.
I think Popeyey chicken should go all in get him to top notch ride!

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He seemed to do a great job, especially considering it was his first time in a Cup car subbing for Aric Almirola in the 43 this year. I was impressed.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Who cares?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Honestly it’s easy to explain. NASCAR fans don’t believe a woman should be on the track. Largest good ol boys club going. They wouldn’t give a woman a fair run for anything.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Being a woman is a small part of the anti Danica mindset.
Much bigger is the fact that she does not belong there, period.
Not because she is a woman, but she is not a good enough driver
to be in the cup series. She is there BECAUSE she is a woman.
Someday, a woman, or black, will get there because they are a driver.
The hoopla will suck, and drive many away. Most fans will support
them, if they are likeable.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Marketability is the key. NASCAR is about $$$$$$.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Who cares?

Well obviously you, you took the time to reply. wink

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Why all the animosity towards Patrick...Not NASCAR follower, but had no idea people were not fond of her..wondering why?

Let me try and explain it.
Other than winning some go kart racing when she was just a child she went on to win a formula V championship (the lowest form of open wheel racing).
He father pimped her out as the next Janette Guthery and got her a Indy Lights ride. That is where the big promotion started. Even though she had a very mediocre success her "people" got her the publicity to get the sponsorship to jump into a full Indy car ride with a top ranked team. In Indy car she was excepionly mediocre running mid pack in a car that should be running top five. She won one race that was rain shortened on a fuel call.
A win is a win and races are won and lost with pit calls but what differentiates a lucky call and a true competitor is the consistency of top 3's or 5's that put you in the position to win. So according to her finishing record that win was pure luck.
With Go Daddy money she bought a NASCAR ride with SHR. A top ranked team. She spent one season running the Nationwide series with miserable results. But the money was good and NASCAR wanted the diversity so she jumped into a cup car with the potential to win races. She won the pole at Daytona, her first superspeedway run and went downhill from there. While she was crashing cars or running mid pack her teammates were winning races and championships, consistently running in the top ten. She has finished every season in the mid 20's while her teammates running the same cars were in the top ten.
She could be still running cup races if she was a real racer and loved to race if she took a ride in a second tier team but she doesn't want that because it will show just how bad she is.
She was nothing but a diversity publicity stunt. There are a lot of very good drivers stuck in second or third tier team that have better finishing records than her. Artic Almirola came out of NASCAR's diversity progam but has paid his dues with good runs and a win driving a third tier one car team. He got good sponcership buy proving his worth. That's why he is taking her ride.
Respect is earned. She never paid her dues, she advanced in her carrier not with results but with PR.

OK, got it, she was marketed into a position she really did not earn.
I suspect that will happen in baseball one day, a gal will play 2nd base though there will be dudes who don't get to the show, who have better arms, range, power, and hitting skills. Maybe someday the liberal NFL will bring in a female placekicker over dudes with more range. In sports these days, a draw means money.

Thanks for the explanation.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
She was better than I would have been, no doubt.

I am MAGA.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
She was better than I would have been, no doubt.

Hey I resemble that remark! grin

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

H
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
H
I don’t see many haters just because she is a female
I fall into the group that hates her because she openly blamed her crew for her lack of success and then moved on to blaming her equipment. Never big enough to say “that’s racing”
Several of her wrecks she seemed to be trying to take others out, entertaining when on the lead lap perhaps but when she is a lap or more down causing a wreck and many times affecting the outcome of the race, I tend to hate

I am one gun away from happy
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Danica was a prime example of what is wrong with Nascar. The powers to be at Nascar just couldn't leave a good thing alone. They just knew that if they kept tweaking it a little here, and a little there, then they would be as popular as the NFL and the Super Bowl. The plan was to phase out the older divers and bring in new blood, and Danica was part of that. Bring in a female driver, and bring more females in as fans, was the thinking. Maybe it would have worked if she had been a competitive driver, but she was not. Nascar popularity has slipped, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
She blew a right side tire in a turn. When that happens, you're going into the wall.
THAT..

FWIW, she's done more in racing as a female than the other females combined...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
She blew a right side tire in a turn. When that happens, you're going into the wall.
THAT..

FWIW, she's done more in racing as a female than the other females combined...

Say what???

You must not follow drag racing...

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Being a woman is a small part of the anti Danica mindset.
Much bigger is the fact that she does not belong there, period.
Not because she is a woman, but she is not a good enough driver
to be in the cup series. She is there BECAUSE she is a woman.
Someday, a woman, or black, will get there because they are a driver.
The hoopla will suck, and drive many away. Most fans will support
them, if they are likeable.

You Mean Joey Lagano was a better driver at 18 than she ever was?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
So, junior is done now.
Hell he quit racing and rode around in 15-18th for the last 10 races.

Danica was good for NASCAR, imo.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (22250rem, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,149
Posts18,502,807
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.