Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Scientific Proof of GOD

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Lots of examples of people surviving longer than 20 minutes which is usually thought to be the tipping line. I suspect the good Pastor may have been gilding the lily a little. He should give more credit to the paramedics.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
45 minutes and the dna change?

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Medical records.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"In the United States they give 3 shock treatments." Also called defibrillation.

I have defibrillated a patient 10 times. Done that many times.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yep, defibrillator has been used more than 3 times quite often.

And IIRC the "record" for CPR revival is 3 hours or a bit more.....

Not to mention some pretty poor captions. And some extreme takes on what happens during CPR.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rost495

Not to mention some pretty poor captions. And some extreme takes on what happens during CPR.....

He might not be an expert CPR provider, Jeff. wink I think if I survived 15 or 45 min being flat line id be thanking the big guy too, though.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Not i believe anyone can prove Him, but interesting testimony as to the positive benefits of believing.

video:youtube]https://youtu.be/B27frLTr6gk[/video]

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/18/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
PROOF; the world demand proof. God asked us to believe by FAITH. Accecpt CHRIST, do that and live.
Or ; Embrace the world, and die.

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
To me the PROOF came in Colorado about a month ago. Out of Denver westbound I-70 I passed through the entire 1.7-mile Eisenhower Tunnel without losing satellite radio reception! Irrefutable.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I get being thankful. But pushing it to other issues bothers me.

Now some things that have purportedly happened, like no CPR in progress( read CIRCULATION provided by other means) and dead and in a body bag 3 hours IIRC, and then comes back... that one is a bit more.

But as I've talked with Doc Rocket and seen it with my own eyes, I cannot prove there is a God or Heaven. I can prove to myself because I've seen someone die and go to Hell and be brought back. So if there is a Hell, there must be a heaven.

Faith is very tough. Some of the children stories that cannot have been "brainwashed" though sure make one feel better at times.

As Dad was dying we kept telling him it was ok to go. And he used the words, but my house is not ready. Words from the Bible. Truth of what he was seeing those last days of his life? Or brainwashing from being a Christian so many years? I prefer to think it was what he was seeing and hearing, as he was not really with us much those last days, like he was somewhere else already. But I can sure see the brain defaulting to what it had heard....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by rost495

He might not be an expert CPR provider, Jeff. wink I think if I survived 15 or 45 min being flat line id be thanking the big guy too, though.

PS I think if you survived a. minute of flatline you'd be happy too. I don't know that LOL is fitting here but you know what we mean.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My sister was told she could never have a child. That it was a physical/medical impossibility. Then she had a kid.

After having her first child, multiple doctors explained that it was inexplicable, an absolute miracle, and that she would never have children again. Ever.

Then she schit another kid about four years later.

My mother and sister believe my nieces are proof of God's existence. I tell them they are proof that doctor's don't know what the fugk they're doing.

Dave

PS-Sorry if this post brought tears to anybody's eyes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wyowinchester
PROOF; the world demand proof. God asked us to believe by FAITH. Accecpt CHRIST, do that and live.
Or ; Embrace the world, and die.

Since you have no evidence for the existence of God, by extension, you have no evidence it was actually your God calling for you to believe by Faith.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If God's existence could be proven, there would be no room for faith. God is known through experience, and one can't meet God without an encounter. Believing is different from encountering, and encounter precedes belief. One doesn't find God. He finds you. When God finds you, you'll know it.

In the meantime, some people are too arrogant in their self-sufficiency.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
If God's existence could be proven, there would be no room for faith. God is known through experience, and one can't meet God without an encounter. Believing is different from encountering, and encounter precedes belief. One doesn't find God. He finds you. When God finds you, you'll know it.

In the meantime, some people are too arrogant in their self-sufficiency.

I like how you attempt to use your total lack of evidence as a justification for the truth of your claim. However in the end, Hitchen's Law still applies. That which can be asserted without evidence, can be rejected without evidence.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Encountering God is a subjective spiritual reality that requires no (scientific) evidence. Of course many want scientific proof that He exists before they will believe. Demanding proof makes faith impossible, and faith is highly valued by God.

1 Corin 2:14. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A leap of faith is required but looking to Science can make the leap a little shorter.

If you're really interested check out Magis Center. - "Science And Faith" link. The guy running it is Fr. Robert Spitzer, trained in Physics and Philosophy and (obviously) Theology, formerly President of Gonzaga University. So he's the real deal. There's also a bunch of clips on YouTube if you prefer that. Interesting looking links to Cosmology on the "Browse By Topic" tab - haven't gotten around to reading them myself.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Encountering God is a subjective spiritual reality ...

LSD and other psychedelic "trips" are a subjective reality as well.

the feeble human mind is distorted by all sorts of adopted beliefs.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

219 members (16penny, 14idaho, 308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 33 invisible), 1,906 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.