Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by hanco
Will my Sako’s be in trouble too????

The ones I have won't be. laugh

An "almost a Sako" because its made by the same parent company isn't a Sako.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have not read of Tikka's being "almost Sako's here.
The subject is Tikka and their accuracy, not snobbery.

Also a Sako owner, mostly pre-Garcia,
my Tikka's are quite different.

But they have nothing to apologize for.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Tikkas don't profess to be Sakos. They do shoot just as well or better though.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Sixpack Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Got a 308 Lite Stainless ordered. Will be here tomorrow possibly but Wednesday for sure. About to order a base. Will report back but I'm pretty fired up right now!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by CMH
One benefit of the short actions if you reload and want to seat longer than the magazine allows you can swap bolt stops/magazines easily and gain as much length as you need.

I put long action bolt stops on both of my 7mm-08s. I use .30-06 magazines for 150 ELDX cartridges and they feed great.

P

Who sells the LA bolt stops?

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Bought my first tikka 6 months ago. 30-06 camo stainless. The best factory trigger I hAve ever felt on dozens and dozens of rifles I have owned. Us3d it Saturday on a NY whitetail....perfection. Highly recommend them.

C
CMH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Who sells the LA bolt stops? [/quote]

Brownells and Tikka Performance among others.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I bought my bolt stops off eBay.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Tikka makes a quality product. Of all the rifles I own (and I own several Remington 700s and one Sako) the Tikka is the most accurate by far - right out of the box. If I knew then what I know now, most of my rifles would be Tikkas. As far as I can see the T3x is an improved version of the T3.

Go for it - you won't be sorry

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yes, I had a 1/2 dozen Sako 85's and they are all gone, I am not a fan of the cheesy, heavy, bulky clamp-on Optilok scope mounts, I prefer my rings attached to the reciever with good old fashioned screws, and i also had the well known high ejection issue (hitting the bottom of My scope) with a few of My 30-06 length model 85's, this is an issue I have never had with any Tikka rifle.... ...Hb

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Yes, I had a 1/2 dozen Sako 85's and they are all gone, I am not a fan of the cheesy, heavy, bulky clamp-on Optilok scope mounts, I prefer my rings attached to the reciever with good old fashioned screws.....Hb

I used the Optics's on a few rifles and never had an issue with them. In fact, I like them. They may be a little heavy, but definitely not enough to worry about.

As for Tikka's, I love their value verses the Sako rifles. Like you, I have no problem using a screw-in style mount. My current favorite being DNZ Mounts!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Sixpack Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, I got the call this evening; it's in. Going to pick up in am. Also got my Warne base and extra mag today. Tomorrow is gonna be a good day

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by hanco
Will my Sako’s be in trouble too????

Yes.

Hanco, think of Tikkas as slightly more accurate Sakos but with good scope mounting options. They aren't the coolest rifles but sure are tempting to grab first if in your safe.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer

Hanco, think of Tikkas as slightly more accurate Sakos but with good scope mounting options. They aren't the coolest rifles but sure are tempting to grab first if in your safe.

That's the truth. My T 3 Lite is hard to leave at home when I'm stalk/still hunting.
My 15 th Season -- not 1 problem -- even dovetailed ring mount.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
You can hunt a T3 in its stock form or you can make it cooler by adding some machined aluminum bottom metal and a stainless bolt shroud, I do this to My T3x's, not really neccessary but fun none the less......Hb

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
1. The way I understand it, Tikka only uses one action length. I would normally only buy long action chamberings when it's not a short action; I've never used a long action length with a short action chambering, but I'm a 308 whore and it's my preference. My question is do the short action cartridges feed well in this single action length or should I get a long action chambering?

I have 2 tikkas, A T3 Lite stainless in .270 I bought for my son, and a T3X Lite in .308 I bought for myself. They both feed so slick I can't tell if the round just chambered or not.

2. What do the lites weight in 308 and 30-06? There website is showing 3-3.2 kg which is 6.5-7#s. Just trying to get an idea.

My .308 with factory rings (that I have had no problems with to date) with a Leupold VX-2 3-9x40 CDS unloaded, no sling weighs 7 lbs on the nose. I put my sons .270 in a boyds laminated stock with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 and it weighs 15oz more.

3. Does the T3 and T3x share mounting systems, stocks, magazines, etc?

Yes they do.

Anything I'm leaving out, please feel free to let me know.

The .270 has shot 2 different factory loads, Federal Blue box 130 grains and Hornady Whitetail 130 grain IL into one inch or less groups and has a fine trigger. It is the older T3 Lite model

My T3X Lite in .308 has a very good trigger, but not quite as crisp as the T3 ( in these 2 samples) I did purchase the more vertical pistol grip, which I like very much. However, It must be the only Tikka that won't shoot everything into 1 hole at 100 yards. I have tried all I know to do but my average 3 shot groups are in the 1.5-2.0 inch range with factory ammo. I called Beretta USA and asked them which factory loads they recomend and to get the torque settings for the action screws ( which they told me to torque between 25 and 30 inch lbs) As to ammo, he said if I sent it back to them they would put it in a vise and pull whatever "premium" ammo they have on the shelf in that chambering and fire 3 rounds. if it doesn't meet the accuracy guarantee I was told most likely they would just send me a new rifle. The accuracy guarantee is good for 2 years after the purchase date he said, and they would pay for the shipping to get it back. Can't beat that.

I told him I would do some more testing before I sent it back. This past week I took the scope and rings off, installed an EGW Pic rail and put a known scope on it to eliminate those variables. 3 rounds of Nosler 165 Accubond factory loads shot into 2.0 inches and 3 rounds of FGMM 168 grain loads shot into 1.75 inches. While the .270 keeps shooting 1 inch groups with the cheap stuff.

Long reply, but other than I just think I got the .308 that was made 30 minutes before quitting time going into a long weekend.

I really like these rifles.

1. smoother action out of the box than anything else I've handled.
2. Just right weight.
3. The T3X addressed some of the complaints others have(steel recoil lug, metal bolt shroud, enlarged ejection port). Although I haven't had any trouble dropping a round through the port on the older T3.
4. excellent factory triggers.

Bob.

Last edited by fishybobtrout; 11/22/17. Reason: fixed a typo
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I bought a Tikka T3X CTR in 308 about 18 months ago. I mounted a SWFA 3-9 on it and have taken it hunting the last 2 years. It's super accurate out to the box and feeds smoother than any other rifle I have. I've taken a mule deer, hog, javelina and 2 whitetails with it in the last 18 months. It's become my go to hunting rifle.

Scott
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by fishybobtrout
My T3X Lite in .308 has a very good trigger, but not quite as crisp as the T3 ( in these 2 samples) I did purchase the more vertical pistol grip, which I like very much. However, It must be the only Tikka that won't shoot everything into 1 hole at 100 yards. I have tried all I know to do but my average 3 shot groups are in the 1.5-2.0 inch range with factory ammo. I called Beretta USA and asked them which factory loads they recomend and to get the torque settings for the action screws ( which they told me to torque between 25 and 30 inch lbs) As to ammo, he said if I sent it back to them they would put it in a vise and pull whatever "premium" ammo they have on the shelf in that chambering and fire 2 rounds. if it doesn't meet the accuracy guarantee I was told most likely they would just send me a new rifle. The accuracy guarantee is good for 2 years after the purchase date he said, and they would pay for the shipping to get it back. Can't beat that.

I told him I would do some more testing before I sent it back. This past week I took the scope and rings off, installed an EGW Pic rail and put a known scope on it to eliminate those variables. 3 rounds of Nosler 165 Accubond factory loads shot into 2.0 inches and 3 rounds of FGMM 168 grain loads shot into 1.75 inches. While the .270 keeps shooting 1 inch groups with the cheap stuff.

Long reply, but other than I just think I got the .308 that was made 30 minutes before quitting time going into a long weekend.

I'd not be happy with that. Tikkas shoot really well, and 308's tend to be more accurate than most. I had good results with Federal 150-grain Nosler Ballistic Tip (P308F), Federal 150-grain Partition (P308S), and Fiocchi's 165 Game King loads. But I had the best results with Hornady American Gunner, which averaged sub-MOA out to 300 yards. These groups aren't typical, but if I improve my bench technique with light rifles, then they might become more common:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Okie

I'll trade ya!

Bob.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow Okie. Outstanding shooting!

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1234, 1minute, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 53 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,529
Posts18,472,680
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.