Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I don't know if any of you have seen the Elizabeth Smart documentary, but a stronger young woman has never walked this Earth. Tonight I watched a Q&A show with just her and Drew Pinsky. I am just in awe of how she has not let those horrifying 9 months ruin her life. She speaks so matter-of-factly about her ordeal and has a strength and grace that are just amazing. Those animals that tortured her should have been publicly executed.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Didn't have the stomach to watch it, but caught some of the commercials. Good for her for keeping going.

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
I got it on DVR... Damm glad to see u thinks she's tough !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I greatly admire her for the way that she has not let her ordeal ruin her life. I believe that many who undergo such terrible ordeals would be able to deal with them much better if they were not told by society that they should let it affect them so greatly.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I greatly admire her for the way that she has not let her ordeal ruin her life. I believe that many who undergo such terrible ordeals would be able to deal with them much better if they were not told by society that they should let it affect them so greatly.

Excellent point!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bad enough that it happened, I sure as hell don't want to watch it on TV.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
A lot of people enjoy the victim role, apparently she isn't one of them. A solid childhood/parents help greatly.

Plus, it was what like 15 years ago that she was kidnapped? If someone ain't over something after 15 years, fugg'em

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Who is Elizabeth Smart and what happened to her?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Who is Elizabeth Smart and what happened to her?

Google.

She is indeed a strong woman.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
My wife and I watched the two part story that was on about her last week. Didn't know there was a Q&A show on. Have to see if it'll be on again.

She was definitely a strong teenage girl that grew into a strong woman. I'm glad to see she's doing well and is raising a family of her own.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She was also able to find a good husband (at least from what I've read). Many men wouldn't touch a woman who'd been used like that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
A
Now that is about the Dumbest thing I Have ever heard...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rock Chuck is right, though. Many men wouldn't. Some because she's somehow "dirtied" goods - which is a repulsive view. Others because they'd be afraid she'd too deeply scarred to ever have a normal love life - which is unfortunately true for many rape victims.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by A567
Now that is about the Dumbest thing I Have ever heard...

Let's say that when you were a kid an authority figure, for lack of a better word, would force feed you cake until you were violently ill, if you refused to eat it you would be beaten and chained to a tree until you ate all of the cake and that this went on every day for almost a year. Cakes a wonderful thing and really fun to eat, but its probably safe to say you would have a severe aversion to even seeing cake later on much less to actually eating it.

She's obviously a very strong woman, but no matter how well put together she appears mentally you can't tell me that there wasn't some very significant hurdles that she and her husband had to overcome to have a normal romantic life.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Indeed. It would take a very strong man to hug her and say, "I understand. I love you anyway."

Her story was "local news" here. The mutant who kidnapped her, and his female assistant, ought to be violently killed. At least one of them was declared incompetent, however. To spend the the rest of their lives in a cushy mental health ward.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Indeed. It would take a very strong man to hug her and say, "I understand. I love you anyway."

Her story was "local news" here. The mutant who kidnapped her, and his female assistant, ought to be violently killed. At least one of them was declared incompetent, however. To spend the the rest of their lives in a cushy mental health ward.

Hell ain't hot enough for rapists.

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Plus, it was what like 15 years ago that she was kidnapped? If someone ain't over something after 15 years, fugg'em

Really? Would you EVER "get over" being raped on a daily basis for 9 solid months, in the wilderness, by a smelly, hairy, disgusting sub-human piece of sh*t who thinks he is the Messiah and threatens to kill you and your entire family while he's doing it? Would YOU be over it if it was you or your daughter? Really?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Her Dad needs to put a price on his head and have him killed while in prison. I'm afraid I could hurt that dude and sleep like a baby that night. Fn pos.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Like Marcellus Wallace said in pulp fiction " couple hard, pipe hittin [bleep] go to work on him with a pair of pliers and a blow torch*

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone ever see the movie "The Star Chamber"? Our society desperately needs a Star Chamber in many locales these days.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,457
Posts18,471,135
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.