J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
If God's existence could be proven, there would be no room for faith. God is known through experience, and one can't meet God without an encounter. Believing is different from encountering, and encounter precedes belief. One doesn't find God. He finds you. When God finds you, you'll know it.

In the meantime, some people are too arrogant in their self-sufficiency.

I like how you attempt to use your total lack of evidence as a justification for the truth of your claim. However in the end, Hitchen's Law still applies. That which can be asserted without evidence, can be rejected without evidence.

So where is your evidence, or do you simply offer a bag of no hope or as Bristoe said, "you're gonna make nice dirt"? Where the heck did all this organized material and energy stuff come from? Hitchens law is, in fact, an ad ignorantiam. Indeed it is entirely possible for assertions without evidence to be later proven true, and cannot be soundly rejected without evidence. You beat this to death, but all it amounts to is sniping from the weeds without offering any real substance.

Where is his proof there is no God?

He spouts his beliefe and we spout ours. The truth is, we are both right. We believe in God and His spirit is in us. AS believes there is no God and hes right. There is no God for him, other than self, and self is a dead man walking.

I cant prove a ducks breast meat went into my stomach on a long days hunt when i was 15 years old and sustained me for a while, but i know it did, after dripping juices into the campfire for a good little while, and it was delicious.

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/21/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Thanks Birdy, Ron and Ricky for your testimonies. All are great posts.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Many self professed christians think they will receive eternal life, not knowing that God has already blotted them out of his book.
which essentially relegates them to dead men walking.

Any christians here on 24CF who can genuine claim they have not sinned against God?
well heres some bad news for you....

Exodus 32:33
" And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book"

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Starman

Many self professed christians think they will receive eternal life, not knowing that God has already blotted them out of his book.

Any christians here on 24CF who can genuine claim they have not sinned against God?

" And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book"

now you're making me wonder what "real' sin against god really is? you know in clear, concise english language.

one fell swoop of our hand we might just wave the statement away? after all, that's old testament stuff.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R

The good news is that, none of the "self proclaiming Christians" on the forum have ever built a golden calf idol and worshiped it while Moses went to mount Sinai.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

now you're making me wonder what "real' sin against god really is? ...

Real sin?.....Every person is considered as having sinned in Adam, the original sin(fall of man) and is therefore a sinner.
David says he was not simply a sinner from birth, but a sinner from the moment his mother conceived him. (Psalm 51:5)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJY66

The good news is that, none of the "self proclaiming Christians" on the forum have ever built a golden calf idol and worshiped it
while Moses went to mount Sinai.

The mere fact self professed christians on 24CF have never built and praised such an idol is in no way an assurance that they
have not or will not be be struck out of Gods book. The only one with the knowledge of who God true diciples are, is God himself.
lest of course you be another meddling christian who likes to take it upon himself to judge the quality of other peoples personal
relationship with God.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Carbon dates to the 14th century..

My thinking at one time and also of the physicist in the links.

Lots of evidence to the contrary. The samples were taken contrary to protocol from what on close inspection turned out to be a repaired corner, so it was repaired in the14th century. See the links. Just as reliable tests following protocol date to the 1st century.

BTW, DNA deteriorated not to mention MASSIVE contamination. They did get blood type.

Three different labs came up with the same results. This item appeared in the 14th century, and that's where it carbon dated.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R

The good news is that, none of the "self proclaiming Christians" on the forum have ever built a golden calf idol and worshiped it
while Moses went to mount Sinai.

The mere fact self professed christians on 24CF have never built and praised such an idol is in no way an assurance that they
have not or will not be be struck out of Gods book. The only one with the knowledge of who God true diciples are, is God himself.
lest of course you be another meddling christian who likes to take it upon himself to judge the quality of other peoples personal
relationship with God.

Nah! I'm just a meddling Christian who knows how to read and learned about context in high school.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

Saying all christians are going to hell is a sin. You are saying Jesus Christ didnt die for our salvation which is blasphemy and a lie.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Saying all christians are going to hell is a sin....

Hmmm...Exodus 32:33 aint my words, they are your Gods words.

Nah! I'm just a meddling Christian who knows how to read and learned about context in high school.

When God says 'whosever' he means whosever....lest you doubt him.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
If God's existence could be proven, there would be no room for faith. God is known through experience, and one can't meet God without an encounter. Believing is different from encountering, and encounter precedes belief. One doesn't find God. He finds you. When God finds you, you'll know it.

In the meantime, some people are too arrogant in their self-sufficiency.

I like how you attempt to use your total lack of evidence as a justification for the truth of your claim. However in the end, Hitchen's Law still applies. That which can be asserted without evidence, can be rejected without evidence.

So where is your evidence, or do you simply offer a bag of no hope or as Bristoe said, "you're gonna make nice dirt"? Where the heck did all this organized material and energy stuff come from? Hitchens law is, in fact, an ad ignorantiam. Indeed it is entirely possible for assertions without evidence to be later proven true, and cannot be soundly rejected without evidence. You beat this to death, but all it amounts to is sniping from the weeds without offering any real substance.

Where is his proof there is no God?

He spouts his beliefe and we spout ours. The truth is, we are both right. We believe in God and His spirit is in us. AS believes there is no God and hes right. There is no God for him, other than self, and self is a dead man walking.

I cant prove a ducks breast meat went into my stomach on a long days hunt when i was 15 years old and sustained me for a while, but i know it did, after dripping juices into the campfire for a good little while, and it was delicious.

Doc,

You are making the positive claim, so you have the burden of proof. What I've specifically stated in this thread is I do not accept any theistic claims. The Theist have failed to provide sufficient evidence to meet their burden of proof. For the same reason, I don't accept any claims to the existence Bigfoot, or the chupacabra. Nessie, or Leprechauns. Claiming the existence of any of these is an extraordinary claim, and would require extraordinary evidence, and so far you've offered none.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It must be true,did you hear how his voice echoes miraculously??

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Hummm, read the whole book.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What baffles me is not the conversations between believers, but the depth that non believers go to, to try to convert believers to non. At the gain of what?

If I was a non believer I sure wouldn't waste time commenting on threads about faith or believing.

Just me I guess.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I dont claim there is a god for you AS. I have a pain in my ass. I dont have to prove it - to you or anyone.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
My take? Not that it was asked for. I've seen someone die, go to hell and we revived her. A non believer. She saw hell and the devil and told us all about it and I've never seen a dying or revived patient so shaken up, so verbal, so scared, to NOT die again.

Like I've heard Doc Rocket say, I've been around medical almost all my life in some minor form or fashion and I can't say I can prove heaven, but I am certain I've seen someone thats seen and been on the way to hell.

Dad said for days at the end of his life, when we kept telling him it was ok to go, that his room was not ready. And then the day he died he never said that phrase again....

I'll leave with this, even if folks don't believe, and its their right, if they would live their lives like Christians are supposed to ( IMHO) then the world would become a better place. Regardless of what happens after death.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rost495
What baffles me is not the conversations between believers, but the depth that non believers go to, to try to convert believers to non. At the gain of what?

If I was a non believer I sure wouldn't waste time commenting on threads about faith or believing.

Just me I guess.

They want to make sure we arent lead astray. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rost495

Just me I guess.

I guess you missed Doc's posts over the last few days trying to use the Bible to justify Genocide??

Beliefs inform actions, and incorrect beliefs can lead to sub-optimal behavior that can effect other people.

Consider how the religious beliefs of the 9/11 hijackers informed their actions and all the people adversely affected.

Ignorance leads to much suffering in this world.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I recall something about not hiding one's light under a bushel.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (1Longbow, 257Bob, 12344mag, 260Remguy, 25classic, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,699 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,992
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.