Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Like I said earlier, I was surprised there weren't more 1911's.

That suggests to me they must be a younger crowd, a generational thing perhaps. It would of been nice if he threw in the average age.

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
What I find interesting is that anybody cares to listen to this fat neckbeard. The guy has zero real world experience that I know of. No LE experience, no military time as a trigger puller. Nada.

He is simply another ewetube goober with a camera and an opinion. He threw up a green sheet in his basement and hit the record button, and people tune into him like he is some sort of subject matter expert.

It certainly goes to show that you don't have to have any personal subject matter expertise about anything, just sound and act like you do, and the gullible and clueless will follow.

crazy

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
What I find interesting is that anybody cares to listen to this fat neckbeard. The guy has zero real world experience that I know of. No LE experience, no military time as a trigger puller. Nada.

He is simply another ewetube goober with a camera and an opinion. He threw up a green sheet in his basement and hit the record button, and people tune into him like he is some sort of subject matter expert.

It certainly goes to show that you don't have to have any personal subject matter expertise about anything, just sound and act like you do, and the gullible and clueless will follow.

crazy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
OK I watched it. I can not fault him for finding out that Glock and M&P are popular choices. I have not figured out the Springfield XD bias.

Take any of the striker fired poly guns apart, turn them upside down and they all look the same. Surprise.

Honestly I carry mostly a G19. Not because everyone recommends it, but because it is the perfect size and weight, has enough capacity and works pretty much all the time. I have even played pick up hockey wearing it. I also carried a XD for many years, have a Kel Tec as a shorts gun, sometimes tote the CZ scorpion (kidding).

NRA Life Member
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Waders
I watched the whole video. Here are my thoughts/reactions:

1. I wanted to dislike this guy for his patronizing and glib presentation. But..I kind of liked him. I believe he is sincere in trying to get people to carry the best option for them.

2. The fact that a group of people tended to carry the same gun/ammo isn't surprising. All groups will follow their leader--whether they realize or not that there is, in fact, a leader. The question is whether the leader has led the sheeple to water. In this case, I don't disagree that the modern 9mm is easily "enough gun" for self defense when loaded with HST's or Gold Dots. And, most 9mm's provide for more ammo capacity than a .40 or .45.

3. This group carries Glocks. That makes sense since an external safety is just another opportunity for a victim to remain a victim instead of turning the tables on a bad guy. I'd bet the group of instructors shuns revolvers on the basis of ammo capacity and sight radius. "No man in a gunfight wishes he had a smaller gun and fewer bullets." But...if you train with your 1911, draw it well, hit the safety off the draw, and hit what you're aiming at, I think even this group wouldn't say you've made a "bad" decision.

4. I'd really like to know how many in this group had night sights on their guns. Given that bad things often happen in the dark, I'd bet it was a pretty high percentage.

5. While this video is not the gospel as to what we should be carrying, it should certainly make us stop and think. Do what's best for you, but in making that decision, why choose non-night sights? Why choose a tiny gun? Why opt for an external safety? Why carry with a cold chamber? Why prefer 8 or 9 rounds over 16 or 18? Again, do what's best for you, but make an informed choice.

I teach concealed carry classes, and while the state (Illinois) doesn't specify this, I tell my students if they are going to carry a firearm they should have a flashlight that gets carried every time the handgun does. National stats indicate 80% of shootings occur in low light to dark. If you can't identify it, and it's not shooting at you, you better be able to articulate why you shot if you hit someone. If all you can see is a silhouette, you can't determine if your adversary (IF that's your adversary) has dropped the gun, is no longer pointing a weapon at you, or is still pointing his weapon at you. You need a flashlight if you're going to carry.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I would like to beat that guy to death with a frozen turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
I would like to beat that guy to death with a frozen turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Travis

I get tired of both pretty quick and I commend you for killing two birds with one bird.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Two...wait. What happened?

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

crazy

Isn't h3 the same goober that shot himself in the leg on youtube?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Apparently I’m not very well armed, at least according to this bozo. I will still wager that I’ve shot more living tissue with my carry pistol than he has combined with the rest of his “experts”.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

I teach concealed carry classes, and while the state (Illinois) doesn't specify this, I tell my students if they are going to carry a firearm they should have a flashlight that gets carried every time the handgun does. National stats indicate 80% of shootings occur in low light to dark. If you can't identify it, and it's not shooting at you, you better be able to articulate why you shot if you hit someone. If all you can see is a silhouette, you can't determine if your adversary (IF that's your adversary) has dropped the gun, is no longer pointing a weapon at you, or is still pointing his weapon at you. You need a flashlight if you're going to carry.

I think everybody here agrees that a flashlight is standard equipment. It goes with you during the day and on the nightstand when you go to bed.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I think everybody here agrees that a flashlight is standard equipment. It goes with you during the day and on the nightstand when you go to bed.

Flash light will give away your position.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I don't understand the social media gun "community"

Guys carrying glocks with upgraded triggers and factory sights that are worthless at night that they shoot once a month.

Guys that have no experience giving advice.

And the list of retardation goes on and on.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My factory sights are largely worthless day or night anymore. I can kind of see them...

Last edited by supercrewd; 11/23/17.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Two...wait. What happened?

Clark

The turkey (which would be unfit for consumption after the fact) and Neckbeard Hipster.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Part of my standard equipment, for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

crazy

Where's the "Like" button?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

crazy

This! How many of us have experienced having lead flung their way or been in a gunfight?(not me) and I’m sure not one of those 51 people at the convention. I know a few one of them being my brother and his partners that I have met over the years during the 80s and 90s NYPD. A few things that Have always stuck with me from listening to them is not necessarily caliber or the platform which it is carried in but basically, Proficiency situational awareness profiling accessibility to firearm which Hopefully :-) will give you the upper hand. I have never experienced anything close to what they have and some members on this forum. I do not speak out of experience. I listen to people that of been there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wisdom! There is nothing really more significant than beating this turkey with a frozen turkey, I don’t always carry a 9mm or 40SW glock but when I carry a gun it’s always a 9mm or 40SW glock.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
What amuses me to no end about the Glock Youtubers is that they preach "Glock perfection" while recommending several hundred dollars in after market parts that are "necessary" to make a Glock work--new trigger, new sights, etc.

A Glock is a wonderful pistol to spend no more than $500 on. Beyond that, you're better off buying a pistol built right from the factory.

As for this particular Youtuber, his use of the portmanteau "clueful" is enough to discredit him.

Last edited by Oregon45; 11/23/17.
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 62 invisible), 3,006 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,930
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.