Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good grief.

Y'all should start a YouTube channel on clueful building searches.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
We had to fumble along the best we could Blue, as we didn't have an internet oracle to show us The Way.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Question here for all you clueful folks:

Have you found a good true pocket 9mm pistol? The Glock 43 is a tad big for inside the pocket but can be made to work. So anything smaller that the cluefuls like?

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by g5m

Have you found a good true pocket 9mm pistol? The Glock 43 is a tad big for inside the pocket but can be made to work. So anything smaller that the cluefuls like?

You just need bigger pockets! wink

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Probably so.

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m

I don't pocket carry, so I won't guess as to what a "good true pocket 9mm pistol" is. As for the smallest 9mm auto, I did go on that journey a few years ago.

I carry a Kahr PM9 a lot. It is very small. It's shorter by a smidge than a Diamondback DB9, and a little thinner than a Sig 938. However, having owned or tested a lot of micro-9's during my search, I can't really say that a Kahr PM9/CM9 (they're the same size) is noticeably smaller than any of the others. The differences are so minute that I'd say get the one with the features you like best that you shoot the best. I went with the Kahr, because it was so small, and I liked the long trigger. I didn't want a single action trigger.

But, as a pocket pistol, I wouldn't say it's "the answer" for you if a G43 is too big. The Kahr is a little shorter in length, and a little shorter top to bottom, but again, the differences are slight. I shot a G43 and my Kahr PM9 side by side. Frankly I liked the feel of the G43 better, but not enough to go buy one. I already have night sights on my Kahr, 5 or 6 mags, and a holster. I like the setup. Admittedly, I should carry a bigger gun more than I do, but that is an entirely different conversation.

So, I guess this post is a long way of saying that if you want a 9mm auto for a pocket pistol, you could could save about .6" in length and about .25" in height by switching to a Kahr. If that is enough difference to be of help to you, go for it. Good luck in your search!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I was hoping to see more geniusness posted about the “tactical” flashlight.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by g5m

What about the Ruger LCP? Mine's been reliable and it's about as compact as they come.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I carried a G17 loaded with Golden Sabres. I had a little Coast brand flashlight too while I was out and about. The area we where in felt and looked like Dubia, New Delhi, Peking and Mexico City all in one (outlet malls in RoundRock).

If I didn't watch that video, I might have carried a 1911 Tacops. LOL

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by deflave
I don't carry a flashlight.

Dave

Powerful flashlights are so small nowadays, that you might as well. I just clip a tiny tactical flashlight into my right front pocket when I put my wallet, keys, etc., on in the morning. Never give it a thought till it's needed. I use it several times a day for various mundane purposes. Most recently, I used it to verify that the turkey carcass was empty, i.e., no more packages to remove before cooking. On my way back from an evening walk, I routinely use it to light up the car port (anti-ambush) as I reenter my property.

I agree
Very much with this

Just dont realize how handy till you carry one

We were in a movie theater in Johnstown PA at the flood muesum and we dropped something in the dark my Son in Law pulled his pocket light no problem retrieved in a moment at that point I seen the light (pardon the pun)

Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 11/25/17.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by g5m

What about the Ruger LCP? Mine's been reliable and it's about as compact as they come.

They're great little pistols and way more accurate, in deliberate shooting, than I expected. I've carried them as a duty backup but since retiring, have kinda gotten away from them. With greater wardrobe flexibility I carry a G22 nearly all the time.

Though I make no claim as being 'clueful'.

Last edited by SargeMO; 11/25/17.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jwp475

I was hoping to see more geniusness posted about the “tactical” flashlight.

John, go on the websites of the flashlight manufactures. They all have imbedded videos. They must be clueful experts. They sell flashlights. What other motive would they have. (sarcasm)

As a duty tool looking for bad guys, maybe. As a defensive tool by us civilians defending ourselves and family members, not so much. The carry gun is the tool of choice.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thanks for the responses to my question. You all certainly are 'clueful'! --That might turn into some high usage word.

I'll look at those suggested pistols. I do like Glock for reliability and like the 43 but just want something a little smaller for when 'in the pocket' is necessary.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I would like to beat that guy to death with a frozen turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Travis

TRH would post the video.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by g5m

They're great little pistols and way more accurate, in deliberate shooting, than I expected. I've carried them as a duty backup but since retiring, have kinda gotten away from them. With greater wardrobe flexibility I carry a G22 nearly all the time.

Though I make no claim as being 'clueful'.

Nor do I. The guy who produced that video must have a little hipster in him to come up with that one.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Good grief.

Y'all should start a YouTube channel on clueful building searches.

The way we searched buildings probably has a lot more in common with how you do it than you'd ever admit. Basic SWAT tactics for the time...we even still called them what they were, SWAT teams. Then the PC police caught up and forced name changes for the very same group of guys who didn't vary their tactics unless the situation dictated it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll admit whatever you're talking about. Except for naming SWAT, I didn't follow any of that.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I'll admit whatever you're talking about. Except for naming SWAT, I didn't follow any of that.

SWAT originally stood for Special Weapons Attack Team.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Special Weapons And Tactics (SWAT) were renamed to things like Emergency Response Teams (ERT) so they were more "friendly" sounding than "SWAT" teams. Purely another piece of PC rebadging a police group. They just renamed the team; they did not alter the way the team operated. We had to get away from anything that had "weapon" in the name. Pursuit driving was changed to Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC).

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Special Weapons And Tactics (SWAT) were renamed to things like Emergency Response Teams (ERT) so they were more "friendly" sounding than "SWAT" teams. Purely another piece of PC rebadging a police group. They just renamed the team; they did not alter the way the team operated. We had to get away from anything that had "weapon" in the name. Pursuit driving was changed to Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC).

With all due respect to sensitive folks, this pc stuff is just incredible.

Retired cat herder.

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1badf350, 160user, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,338
Posts18,487,696
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.