Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I currently have an iPhone 6s+ but I'm in the market for a new phone and I'm seriously considering moving to an Android. I'm looking at either a Samsung Galaxy S8+ or Google Pixel 2 XL.

I like my iPhone well enough, just kind of bored with it. The main thing I think I would miss is Facetime, but I'm sure there are other apps that will serve the same purpose. Siri is good, but everything I read says Google's Assistant kicks Siri's azz.

Has anyone made the switch recently and have any regrets or input?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Does either of them have an app where I can push a few numbers and talk to someone somewhere?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Does either of them have an app where I can push a few numbers and talk to someone somewhere?

Haha! Sorry, RC you're outta luck. That feature costs extra. 😉

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

yes , both have apps , search for : android fast call

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is my flip phone Android or I phone.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I currently have an iPhone 6s+ but I'm in the market for a new phone and I'm seriously considering moving to an Android. I'm looking at either a Samsung Galaxy S8+ or Google Pixel 2 XL.

I like my iPhone well enough, just kind of bored with it. The main thing I think I would miss is Facetime, but I'm sure there are other apps that will serve the same purpose. Siri is good, but everything I read says Google's Assistant kicks Siri's azz.

Has anyone made the switch recently and have any regrets or input?

Unless you're 16 years old or a real mobile tech geek, there's no reason to abandon iOS. Limbaugh is constantly raving about the iPhone X (pronounced "ten"). I have a 6+. There's absolutely nothing I need past that and iOS10 (I have 11 installed but I liked 10 better- lots of bugs in 11) that intrigues me enough, on either Android or iOS, to make me want anything more than what I have. You know, unless you want Android because browsing the fire is infinitely easier if you're not using Safari. But you can download another browser for your iPhone. I just need to check email, enjoy reading news, texting and calling on my 6+. That's about it. I'd go back to a flip phone but reading the ingredients label on the can of air freshener does not beat crapping with a smartphone.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I also have the 6+ and recently installed iOS 11. I wish I'd stayed with iOS 10, honestly.

Last edited by 340boy; 11/23/17.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just made the switch from Apple to Android (Note 8) after about ten years. I hated itunes. Hated it.

So far I really like the phone. More app choices. SD card. Just drag my music, vids, etc., onto the SD card.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I think it depends on what you are currently using. I had one of the first iPhones, hated the weird fanboy culture that went along with it and switched to an Android. I've been using Androids since and when I have to use my wife's iPhone, I hate it...not because there's something inherently wrong with it, it's just that I'm used to the Android. They both basically do the same things.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve had a lot of iPhones (6s now) next will be Android for 100% sure.

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just got an iphone 7 because I had Iphones for 10 years. Just lazy to learn something new. I considered a Samsung, but there were some drawbacks, and the iphones also have some negatives. I gave the toss up to iphone, but maybe I should have switched. Iphones are simple.

OdT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That new Note with the stylus looks very appealing. Especially since the OS allows so much more access to your own media.

But I’m not willing to start over again, repurchasing apps, and everything that follows. So I’m sticking to what has served me very well (iP...)

Agree that iTunes is complete garbage, though the Apple Music subscription has been a lot of fun for the whole family with the sharing ability

ETA; The AirPods are flat out amazing. I know they look ridiculous and agree. But I just don’t care. They have changed the way I use my phone for phone calls, music, and podcast. Use them every day. Luckily I’m not around other people except family most of the time. Like I said, ridiculous!

Last edited by OdT; 11/23/17.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Whatever you do, no Samsung phones. They suck. Samsung makes a fine TV. Also, Samsung is running their own hacked version of the Android OS. Better go with something running pure Android like a Pixel.

FWIW, all the Android developers I know use iPhones for their personal devices. They like developing on Android, they hate using it.

Also on Android updates come from your carrier and they determine when you get to upgrade. On iOS all updates come directly from Apple.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Android. Fahq Apple.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Android. My wife and I are still using Samsung 4's that are getting pretty old. We are hoping the new Google phones will be discounted starting tomorrow.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tim Cook and other Apple execs have been very vocal against Trump - even overseas.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Apple has stood up for user privacy.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
iphones, seriously... Are they still playing catch-up to Samsung??? grin

Ran a Galaxy S5, S7 and now a S8. Absolutely no issues with any of them. And you don't have to deal with itunes/apple store.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Anything and everything Apple sucks hairy @ssholes!

Last edited by BigSkyGuy; 11/23/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BGunn
I’ve had a lot of iPhones (6s now) next will be Android for 100% sure.

My brother, (an attorney) has had an I phone forever. When I was putting in his oat field a few weeks ago, he was messing with my Samsung Galaxy and kept telling me how much better it was than his I phone...

I'd bet his next one is not an I Phone. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 10gaugemag, akrange, 12 invisible), 1,521 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,938
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.