Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Funny about the squemish part. My wife has claustrophobia and has said she does not want to be put in a dark box ande buried in the cold earth.

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by kennyd
Someone told me Colorado allows private cemetaries if you have a certain number of acres. I didn't find anything in a quick search. I am pretty sure cities will not allow. A bunch of rules about scattering ashes. What we did was simply go, say a prayer, and spread my brothers.

There is a meadow where we hunt elk that brings memories of a companion that is there now.

At times I think we should go back to wakes, digging our own graves, posting a wreath for a time. There can be too much ritual, but now too many people try to ignore things too much.

One thing; make your wishes known while you can. I do not want a lot of money wasted on me, use it to better the living. My ashes can be kept on a shelf or whatever, but I would prefer they be spread in a favotite hunting spot, or some place pleasant memories for trhe family

Yes, it's legal to bury someone, or not even bury them, on your own property in Colorado. Doesn't even require much ground, I think it's around 8 acres. One of the big trends here is what's called a "green burial". No embalming, no casket, not even buried, just laid under a tree somewhere all natural. There a couple places around boulder where you can go pick out your tree to rest under.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, it's legal to bury someone, or not even bury them, on your own property in Colorado. Doesn't even require much ground, I think it's around 8 acres. One of the big trends here is what's called a "green burial". No embalming, no casket, not even buried, just laid under a tree somewhere all natural. There a couple places around boulder where you can go pick out your tree to rest under.
That's called composting.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by kennyd
Funny about the squemish part. My wife has claustrophobia and has said she does not want to be put in a dark box ande buried in the cold earth.

Talking to my mom while visiting last Thanksgiving, asked her what she wanted.............. she wasn't sure!!! I said 'would you like to be buried'? She responded, with a very proper British accent, being England born and bred and all............ 'Oh no I couldn't stand to be put in the cold, wet ground'.... Um!, Ok 'how about cremation'? and again 'Oh no, I couldn't stand to be burned up'...... !?!?!? Not being able to think of much else I asked 'well how about burial at sea'??? to wit 'don't be stupid, I can't swim, can I'????

Exasperated............. 'I could check with NASA about having you sent to the moon'..............................

She has agreed to cremation.............

Last edited by muffin; 11/24/17.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (16penny, 11point, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,382
Posts18,469,582
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.