Originally Posted by kennyd
Someone told me Colorado allows private cemetaries if you have a certain number of acres. I didn't find anything in a quick search. I am pretty sure cities will not allow. A bunch of rules about scattering ashes. What we did was simply go, say a prayer, and spread my brothers.

There is a meadow where we hunt elk that brings memories of a companion that is there now.

At times I think we should go back to wakes, digging our own graves, posting a wreath for a time. There can be too much ritual, but now too many people try to ignore things too much.

One thing; make your wishes known while you can. I do not want a lot of money wasted on me, use it to better the living. My ashes can be kept on a shelf or whatever, but I would prefer they be spread in a favotite hunting spot, or some place pleasant memories for trhe family

Yes, it's legal to bury someone, or not even bury them, on your own property in Colorado. Doesn't even require much ground, I think it's around 8 acres. One of the big trends here is what's called a "green burial". No embalming, no casket, not even buried, just laid under a tree somewhere all natural. There a couple places around boulder where you can go pick out your tree to rest under.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell