Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 73 of 79 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 78 79
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
5-ish miles on the trails yesterday evening; despite poor trail conditions (ice, slush, snow, mud) my time wasn’t very far off of my normal pace smile

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've been hitting the gym, just not posting. Yesterday I was in a reflective mood, and made some observations on gym inhabitants:

When did the Uncle Fester look take over? More guys with shaved heads than not.

Lots of times it seems like I'm the only one there with no tattoos. And that's when the gym is full of women.

Why do people wear ball caps to the gym to work out in? Are the lights that bright?

Apparently, some guys think the side effects of steroids are worth it, for the physique. If they could only figure out how to do away wit the bug-eyes.

And my favorite observation (I'm sure Harry can appreciate this), just about everyone there has ear buds and is listening to music. Which means I can let one rip and then nonchalantly saunter away, leaving those in my wake to look askance at each other and wonder whodunit.

Not that I do that on purpose.......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin ^^

How'd the cankle hold up?

Happy family-gathering day folks! Got my own herd inbound. Be sure to let the people you love know it.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The ankle is not holding up, looking at surgery just after the 1st of the year.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
good observations laugh

a gorgeous 5 miles on the trails this morning, in shorts no less- mid 50’s, what a nice change!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't run my tracking app but ~ 3 mile hike @ 4200 ft ele

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
About 80 miles on the mt. bike the past week. 10 mile loop, and with the weather as mild as it has been it 's been good!

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice! Road, or trails? Watch the fit/ergo's if you start piling up road miles on a MTB....

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Road, I have ridden this bike more than all my others combined, not light but I love the way it fits me. Got my first concussion too riding it. To this day I still don't know what I hit but that happened off road not on road!

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Right after deer season it's time to get training again. I haven't done much since a 40K trail race in August. I have a 24 hour trail race in April, so I gotta start laying some miles down in December. I'll try to keep posting here to stay motivated!

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shootsaswede
Road, I have ridden this bike more than all my others combined, not light but I love the way it fits me. Got my first concussion too riding it. To this day I still don't know what I hit but that happened off road not on road!

Fit is everything! Cool. I've been chasing my fit a little to try to address IT band issues that kick in at about 30-35 miles. I have a bike/fit that I've put thousands of miles on successfully, until now, so I'm making one small change at a time.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
12 miles up and down (and up and down) the mountain walking my rifle. The good news is the snow receded quite a bit, the bad news I wasn’t able to get onto the elk I spotted at daylight.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
I've been hitting the gym, just not posting. Yesterday I was in a reflective mood, and made some observations on gym inhabitants:

When did the Uncle Fester look take over? More guys with shaved heads than not.

Lots of times it seems like I'm the only one there with no tattoos. And that's when the gym is full of women.

Why do people wear ball caps to the gym to work out in? Are the lights that bright?

Apparently, some guys think the side effects of steroids are worth it, for the physique. If they could only figure out how to do away wit the bug-eyes.

And my favorite observation (I'm sure Harry can appreciate this), just about everyone there has ear buds and is listening to music. Which means I can let one rip and then nonchalantly saunter away, leaving those in my wake to look askance at each other and wonder whodunit.

Not that I do that on purpose.......

You mean you don't have a BAMF tat yet. I thought I was the only one. Caps have been the thing for years, that and hoodies. Roid's???? "I'll be baaack."

And finally, there is no excuse for not holding a ripper unless you are loaded up. I bet you are an absolute gas on that glute machine.

Last edited by battue; 11/28/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
3-ish miles yesterday and this evening with my wife and Tiny E; breaking out the lamps the last mile or so

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Mike,
It’s nice to be on the mountain without needing MicroSpikes.
We will see how long that lasts.

Ed T

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ed_T
Mike,

agreed Ed!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Ed_T
Mike,

What spikes are you guys using? I tried Yaktrax last year and they were a total fail. I ended up wearing my snowshoes on an icy descent for the crampons, doable but tiring. I would like something compatible w/ hiking boots w/out the expense of climbing crampons.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Kahtoola Microspikes- the best traction device ever devised imo; mine have close to 2000 miles of winter trail running and still going strong- never slipped or failed in any way. I can run just about flat out on solid, smooth ice trails- they grip that good!

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
+1 on the MicroSpikes. The NanoSpikes also from Kahtoola work well on ice, not as well with hard snow pack.
I do favor the NanoSpikes if running on icy roads, MicroSpikes on trails.
I think my original MicroSpikes lasted 5 years and were pretty wore down when I gave them to my son. He is still using them.
I think the MicroSpikes are the best invention for fall/winter running and hiking of all time.

Ed T

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thanks guys, I will head to REI on Friday, any size weirdness? I am happy to read that I will be able to run 'flat out' in them even if it resembles my trudging pacegrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 73 of 79 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, beefan, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,438 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.