Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
At work we recently had a deal where we needed to prove to our alpha testers that we could do a thing by establishing something that, in a black-hat scenario, would be a man-in-the-middle attack: proxy their HTTP traffic through a server of ours and modify it on the way. In a black-hat scenario, that modification would be something nefarious; in our demonstration, we just added JavaScript to the response to put a branded frame around it on their screen. Since one of the express purposes of TLS is to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks, we needed our alpha testers to use only http:// sites to demonstrate this capability, not https:// sites. (The capability we were demonstrating wasn't the proxying, it was a certain kind of routing; we were just using the proxy to prove we had done the routing. After the demonstration, we threw away the proxy.)

So we were looking for http:// sites to recommend to our testers. (There aren't that many out there anymore.) I said, "Hey--use the 24-Hour Campfire! It's been insecure for decades; I doubt they'll ever secure that thing."

Ten minutes later a coworker called me over.

"What was that URL again?" he asked.

I looked, and omigosh: the 24-Hour Campfire finally has a certificate and a TLS layer! Just then, a pig flew past and told me that Hell had frozen over.

So we used http://nyan-cat.com and http://nicetightash.com instead.

So...good job, Rick Bin! I apologize for underestimating you. What made the change?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
IIRC - I believe it has something to do with hosting pictures - the big change photobucket went through etc.

Me

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Huh. I guess that one got past me. Thanks for the info.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How dare you underestimate Mr. Rick Bin??????????????

Shame is your middle name!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Nice to see someone discuss software QA on this forum. I am glad I am not the only one who deals with it although I am in the test automation side of it. UFT and Selenium are my tools of the trade.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Totally!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
How dare you underestimate Mr. Rick Bin??????????????

Shame is your middle name!

True.

True.

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mack5511
Nice to see someone discuss software QA on this forum. I am glad I am not the only one who deals with it although I am in the test automation side of it. UFT and Selenium are my tools of the trade.

I spend so much of my life looking for decent Agile QA folks. Somebody who when I say "exploratory testing" doesn't say, "What? Oh--you mean this?" and punches up a 300-page spreadsheet full of human-readable instructions.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1936M71, 257Bob, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,661
Posts18,493,598
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.