Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We never use the thing, so there doesn't seem to be any need to keep it. Surrey Grand Crowne Resorts with three adjoining units. I suppose people trade weeks for other places, but we haven't done that either. Used it four times in thirteen years, so it is time to get it gone, but we don't know how to go about it. Any advice would be appreciated.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most likely at a loss.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Real estate agent.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Most likely at a loss cost to you.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Give it away, run like hell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had and used timeshares for years. They're good for what they're good at, and that's going to one place for one week and staying put. At one point, I had 5 (which believe me, is a modest number amongst the slick users). Sold them off 1 by 1, or used up the weeks on the termed ones. Down to 1 5 star 2br/2ba in one of the nicest in Aruba that I bought at auction. Most were bought at auction. I have traded them for units all over the western hemispere, Caribbean, Hawaii. Never lost a nickel on any of them. I picked top tier resorts and also made money renting them out.

If you're determined to sell, you need to find out value. Many timeshare resellers are hacks and frauds. So, you need to educate yourself. Get yourself over to tug2.net, get a login, and post some questions on the forums there. It is a BBS, just like 24hourcampfire.com.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php

There are many savvy people there who will cheerfully help you with info and your options. You can thank me later.

The sell or give away and run are never good choices when you're educated about your options.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Google "Time Share Exit Team." Don't know if they're any good, but they advertise on a local conservative radio station...

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You guys are the best, thanks a bunch. I'm still a newbie here, but all y'all are a welcoming bunch. It actually belongs to the wife who got it from her late first husband. I don't know much about Branson, but I'm sure that you guys will enlighten me.

Last edited by Windfall; 11/29/17.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Windfall
You guys are the best, thanks a bunch. I'm still a newbie here, but all y'all are a welcoming bunch. It actually belongs to the wife who got it from her late first husband. I don't know much about Branson other than the Grand Ole Opry is there.

Glad to have you here!

(I think the Grand Ole Opry is in Nashville, TN though) wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is renting it out an option ?

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You guys are the best, thanks a bunch. I'm still a newbie here, but all y'all are a welcoming bunch. It actually belongs to the wife who got it from her late first husband. I don't know much about Branson other than the Grand Ole Opry is there.

Glad to have you here!

The "Little Opry Theater" is in Branson smile.

Oh, yeah, my wife makes me go to the "Andy Williams Christmas Extravaganza."

But it's okay, I get to sneak in some trout fishing on Taneycomo.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
What has 6 teeth and 60 legs?

Front row at a Branson Missouri show.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this would be my target buyer

[Linked Image]

don't get mad, I'm just having fun

Last edited by KFWA; 11/28/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a client who has a time share in the Keys that got devastated by the recent hurricane.

Fortunately, it wasn't his week!

Last edited by GunReader; 11/28/17.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A timeshare in Branson, Missouri lets you show up every Christmas to see how much fatter Wynonna has got,...fer $10,000 a year.

She waddles out,...grabs the microphone,...~~~Sanny Claws is comin' to towwwwwwwnnnne~~~

Somebody in the audience stands up and says, "He needs to leave a treadmill under your tree, fatass!"

Wynonna gives the crowd the finger,...says, "Fug you!",...then waddles on off back stage.

Another $10,000 down the drain.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Option A:

- Describe the place in incredibly glowing terms, and point out that you're only selling it for an "elderly person" who needs the funds for his tires, errr, kidney surgery.

- Old people should be your target suckers, errr, group, here.

- Tell em they're gettin the whole place, timeshare/shmimeshare.

- If they buy it and complain, tell em ya didn't know it was a timeshare, the guy that sold it to you, err, the "elderly person", didn't say anything about a timeshare (make sure you scratch your head while you're sayin this), it's just that you happened to only go there one week a year, when you're not bear shooting.

- Remind em you're "the biggest guy" in your steel cable knitting club.

- Hop in your avalanche and hit the road, before the attorney general's inspectors close in.

This can work, but you'll end up in bankruptcy (which'll be reopened), but the good news is that you'll get so many supportive PMs.

Option B:

- Bein the Ozarks, buy some shine, and relabel it by puttin it in replacement Mason jars, and writin your "trademark" on em with a Sharpie.

- Tell everbody you "jarred" it right there on the property. Charge ten times what you bought it for, and if people complain about the price, disparage their economic status, which will seal the sale.

- Get the only family member you have that can complete a sentence without twitchin, to post internet videos describing your "handmade" Mason jars, and the extra special seal the lids get. Work the word "ichor"
(or was it "euchre"), into the presentation to show you use words alla time that the little people don't even know. That'll get you the lucre.

- Take an eighth mortgage to make the deal work, then get on the innanet to t brag bout what a business typhoon you is.

- When they call you on your bullshit story and attitude, refer em to your people.

This can also work, but you don't actually end up with any money, only a room in a medium security motel overlooking high tension power lines and a freeway, whose constant traffic lulls you to sleep at night.

Option C:

- Take a box of bullets and a post-it note, and put it on the kitchen counter. On the Post-it note, write: "Open Me".

- If you come back after their walk-through, and the box is damaged, but not opened, you've found your sucker. Charge em whatever you want for the property.

Will also work, but the shat-eatin SOB that'll be the buyer won't pay, sayin he had his ovaries crossed when he agreed to buy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
A timeshare in Branson, Missouri lets you show up every Christmas to see how much fatter Wynonna has got,...fer $10,000 a year.

She waddles out,...grabs the microphone,...~~~Sanny Claws is comin' to towwwwwwwnnnne~~~

Somebody in the audience stands up and says, "He needs to leave a treadmill under your tree, fatass!"

Wynonna gives the crowd the finger,...says, "Fug you!",...then waddles on off back stage.

Another $10,000 down the drain.

That was Wynonna? Huh, I thought it was Marie Osmond.

Either way, now can I go trout fishing? smile

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We never use the thing, so there doesn't seem to be any need to keep it. Surrey Grand Crowne Resorts with three adjoining units. I suppose people trade weeks for other places, but we haven't done that either. Used it four times in thirteen years, so it is time to get it gone, but we don't know how to go about it. Any advice would be appreciated.

It someone from another state that is never been in Branson Missouri. Trust me I've done a lot of work there and don't live that far from there it's a god-awful [bleep] in my opinion too many tourist and Outsiders.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Glad to have you here!

Yep, it’s in Nashville.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

363 members (17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1badf350, 32 invisible), 1,973 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,981
Posts18,499,644
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.