-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My son picked up a set of BFG's ,at the beginning of the year. He has them on a 3/4 ton Ram. He has 20K miles on them and they have been rotated twice in that time. He'll be lucky to get another 5k miles out of them. The above post stated it right ,too soft of rubber compound for heavier truck.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Are the Hankook DynaPro ATs a 10 ply tire that is good for towing an RV?

Yes, if you get the E load range.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
The Hankook Dynapro AT/M is an excellent tire. Very quiet, great road manners, and wear extremely well. Good in everything but deep mud.

I recently installed a set of the Cooper AT/3. A bit noisier than the Hankooks so far.

I've had a set of the Hankook ATM on my 2001 Tahoe for around 6500 or so. Bought them as a ship to store from Walmart. Out the door with road hazard warranty and all it was around $550 IIRC. I had no previous experience with the Kooks but reviews looked good and the price was considerably better than for my old favorite Coopers. Have been surprised at the lack of road noise and mud traction. So far I've had them in dry rocky, wet muddy, snow & goop, level and hilly. Worst mud was an outback NC Blueridge partial rutted road with clay mud and melting snow. Tread cleared the mud MUCH better than I would have thought even though to the eyeball it's only marginally more aggressive than the BFG All TerrainTread which is friggin useless in the sticky. Tread shows minimal wear but it's early yet. Noise level is very good especially considering performance.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Cooper AT3. Best AT tires I've ever own....a list that has included: BFG, General, Mastercraft, Goodyear & Armstrong

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TooDogs
Firestone Destination AT. Had on a short box f150 2wd. These tires made truck think it was a 4wd on snow covered roads. Have the same tire on my '98 cherokee. Great tires.

Good to hear. Ive got about 4,000 miles on mine in a diesel F250. They're what the tire shop recommended to me.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've got a set of that at 51's 08 Dodge 3/4 ton mega cab don't have many miles on them yet so I can't give a great judgement. Replace some good Firestone I like how the Firestone drive to better they wore really good these were a lot cheaper don't know about mud and slick stuff at this time

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kumho AT51's

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Been driving a Dodge / Cummins since purchased new in '96. Originally equipped Michelins went 55k with never rotating them so never got into habit of regular rotations. Replaced them with Kuhmo Road Venturers - rotated them at 13k when I noticed tread wear was around 50%. They were shot and had to be replaced between 20-25k and went with Cooper ATP's next. With regular rotations, they went 45k though didn't wear evenly, had some cupping and we're pretty noisy with poor traction in second half of their life.

Hankook Dynapro ATM seems to be the most popular truck tire around here and I've heard nothing but good reports. They are similar to the Cooper ATP though slightly less aggressive. I was planning on the Hankooks next go around but ended up with the Cooper ST Maxx. I'm at 8k on them and so far am pleased - they are more aggressive than a typical AT tire, but less than a MT. They do have a slight hum on the pavement but not bad considering the deep / open lugs. You can feel the lugs flexing under load and in corners with a little more noise and vibration than running straight. They do seem to be wearing well but probably too soon to really tell.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Continental Terraincontact A/T

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The Hankook ATM's are very good tires FWIW

Last edited by Rooster7; 11/26/17.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TLB2
Whats everybody running for All Terrain tires?
Im needing a set.

Looking at the Kuhmo road venture AT51, Cooper AT3, Falken Wildpeak, and the Hancook Dynapro

Firestone Transforce AT's.

I've had 10 ply tires continuously for 25 years on at least one of my trucks. The Transforce are the best 10 ply tires on hardpack snow and ice I've ever had.

Currently have them on two of my pickups.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I had BFG ATs on my jeep and they were great and lasted a long time. The last time I put Goodyear duratracks on it, like them better, the tread is AT in these middle with a more aggressive tread on the edges. They are quiet and do better in the Tennessee mud than the BFG and just as well in the snow. Love'em. I don't know if they will last as long. I had tad over 50k on the BFG and only have maybe 10k on the Goodyears so far.

Last edited by seal_billy; 11/26/17.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I just picked up these for my F150 going to give them a try...Atturo Trail Blade XT.......Great price 701.00 shipped from Simpletires.com Ordered wed night the 22nd and received Saturday the 25th...These are a Hybrid tire....Should be quiet on the Road and pretty good off road.....

[Linked Image]

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 11/27/17.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Anyone tried the Milestar Patagonia MTs?

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My advice is to be cautious using recommendations from different regions. I have used Toyo M-55, but my main concern is volcanic rock and punctures (stone drilling). These might not be best for ice in really cold regions, or Owyhee gumbo mud. You may not have sharp rock in your area, and may benefit from a different tire.

In some parts of the country, people swear by DuraTracs. In other regions, the sidewalls are considered weak.

Right now I'm trying some alternatives to the M-55. I have 14k on a set of Nitto Grappler EXO, on a Tundra. They are snowflakes (rating, not the millennials). Seem like an updated M-55. And have Toyo R/T on a 3/4-ton GMC. Probably similar miles. Quieter than the M-55.

The Toyo M-55 and M/T have a good reputations for puncture resistance here in the PNWet. The Nitto supposedly uses the same carcass.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good point

point

lol

Last edited by Rooster7; 11/27/17.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Cooper AT3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Falken wildpeak at3 tires deep tread long lasting. Got em on flee Bay with free shipping. Ride nice and quiet.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
Our roads get icy in the winter and my FJ Cruiser with Goodyear Duratracs has never let me down. I just got a new set of these tires and I had almost 80,000 miles on the old set with between 4-5/32nds left.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,081
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.