g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good news, but the there are a lot of enemies in the House. It's may not pass a full House vote.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Still trying to decide how bad this can turn in the future when the Democrats eventually take back the House and Senate. Will happen some day, and at that time they will then have regulatory ability over concealed carry.

Remember how the feds FORCED all states to raise drinking ages to 21 by saying if you don't, no highway funds?

Or how the feds FORCED all states to lower speed limits to 55?

Worries me. Yugely.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That’s excellent news. I’ve been wondering about it lately, since it seemed to disappear off the political radar. It will allow me to travel to the NE again.

This will be received as bad news only by violent criminals and Democrats.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"This will be received as bad news only by violent criminals and Democrats."

But you repeat yourself. Fixed it for you.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
ALL -

Write your Congressman and Senators now. This is important legislation. When you travel, you want to carry and with the "hop, skip and jump" patchwork of state laws, this puts each of us in jeopardy. We need (favorable) reciprocity.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Still trying to decide how bad this can turn in the future when the Democrats eventually take back the House and Senate. Will happen some day, and at that time they will then have regulatory ability over concealed carry.

Remember how the feds FORCED all states to raise drinking ages to 21 by saying if you don't, no highway funds?

Worries me. Yugely.

A lot of gun owners I know are pushing back on this legislation for just this reason. There's resistance to this, even within our ranks.

Even I struggle a bit with the Fed vs. State quandry, even though reciprocity surely would benefit me, as every state around me is anti-gun (NJ, DE, MD)...

Aqualung

"Bambi's Good Eatin'!"
- Me

"...Somewhere, there are Brownings in a two-hand hold,
Cocked and locked, one up the spout..."
- Jethro Tull
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve carried so long now it would be hard to quit. Not going to worry about law changes. Old saying “ better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Hasbeen.

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Aqualung

Worries me. Yugely.

A lot of gun owners I know are pushing back on this legislation for just this reason. There's resistance to this, even within our ranks.

Even I struggle a bit with the Fed vs. State quandry, even though reciprocity surely would benefit me, as every state around me is anti-gun (NJ, DE, MD)...

Aqualung

I would love it. But I don't want the feds to start creating regulations on it, like 5 round magazine limits, or smart gun technology requirements, or it requires 50 hours of classroom training every year.

Just remember - NOBODY keeps Congress forever. Eventually Schumer and Pelosi will have the ability to pass laws on it.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Aqualung

Worries me. Yugely.

Aqualung

I would love it. But I don't want the feds to start creating regulations on it, like 5 round magazine limits, or smart gun technology requirements, or it requires 50 hours of classroom training every year.

Just remember - NOBODY keeps Congress forever. Eventually Schumer and Pelosi will have the ability to pass laws on it.

The proposed law doesn't delegate authority to the Federal Government to determine what state gun laws are. At worst, they could so burden reciprocity as to functionally eliminate it, but your own state's laws would still apply within your state.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I don't care one way or the other. Idaho's Enhanced concealed Carry permit covers 37 states and I'll never go to the ones that aren't included.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I don't care one way or the other. Idaho's Enhanced concealed Carry permit covers 37 states and I'll never go to the ones that aren't included.

Some people have family in the unfree states.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

I'm sure you don't.

Reminds me of the Bolt action or Lever action "hunter" that doesn't own an AR or a pistol and not only could care less, but advocates for their Ban.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,522
Posts18,491,050
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.