Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Don't remember how old I was or the cost of the fine,but it was for speeding.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bein' ' young was great, whiie it lasted.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
The nearest I've come lately, the kindly Hubbard County sherrif's deputy had some friendly advise as to how fast I should drive in Lake George, Minnesota.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I don't remember my first one but I do remember getting five in one day.

Back in the 80's the Feds mandated that the speed limit would be 55 mph in order to save fuel. Montana refused to go along with the mandate, in order to make Montana comply the Feds threatened to take away all Federal highway funding. Instead of lowering the speed limit they put in place a fine for "energy conservation abuse", the fine was $5.00 and you paid the Highway patrolman and he gave you a receipt, the fine did not go on record or to insurance companies.

I was going from Great Falls, Montana to Forsythe, Montana, a distance of 300 miles, I got a late start so I was laying generally miles running between 80 and 90 when the roads allowed it. I was stopped five times in the 300 miles at a total cost of $25.00. The last time I was stopped the patrolman told me that I may want to slow down for just a bit because there was another patrolman just a few miles down the road. Sure enough about 5 miles later there he was, I held it to 55 until I was past him then let out the horses again, even with the five stops I still got to Forsythe at the time I needed to be there.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Been driving for 51 years, never had a ticket. Guess I've been lucky. About 35 years ago, went through a roadblock, and the trooper said our car license had expired. Was driving wife's car, and she said, oops.......forgot to renew. Trooper said judge might not tear ticket up if we got new tags right away. He did.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've had three and a warning.

Warning was when I was going 81 in a 55 and was minor in possession. Call to my dad or ticket was the option. Called dad.

First ticket was 51 in a 25 coming into town while delivering Chinese food for beer money in college. Cop knew the Chinese couple that owned the restaurant, found I was sober and just completed the last delivery of the night and wanted to get back, cash out and get un-sober. It was 11pm or so on a weekend. He dropped it to 49 in a 25 for me so OH didn't revoke my license. Paid that one.

Got 2 in Seattle. One for about 10 over on Hwy 99 and I don't remember the other one.

Last time I got pulled over was a couple years ago. Some asshat was pulling a trailer doing 15 in a 30, I was following and honking for a mile or so, not able to pass. He takes a right turn at about 3mph so I check my driver's side mirror and go around- straight through the left turn lane. Apparently I should have also checked the rear-view because there was a cop behind me. Lights on and I would up pulling over in my front yard. Window down with the keys on the dash and hands on the wheel when the officer showed up at my window. Wanted to let me know I didn't signal when I went straight through the left turn lane. He wanted to know if I was the one honking at the guy with the trailer. Told him I was, and I was driving like an [bleep] which is normal for me. Didn't even ask for any documents, just told me to signal next time. He must have laughed when I started the car, pulled into the driveway in front of me parked and got out.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Excessive noise in my hot rod '56 Chevy. The first of six before I sold it. The last 2 tickets were with stock mufflers. One was from a State Trooper who caught me drag racing late at night in the middle of nowhere. Should have been a court case but he gave me an excessive noise ticket because he said I probably woke up some farmers/ranchers. I pulled over as soon as I saw him and the other guy kept going.

Last edited by victoro; 12/03/17.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Never got a ticket. I got a warning about 40 years ago driving to Montrose in the snow.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1972 Got pulled over on my TT Special by a city cop for not having a headlight. I told him you didn't need a headlight on a motorcycle as long as you didn't ride 1/2 hour before sunrise or 1/2 hour after sunset. Then he wrote me up for not having a speedometer. I told him you didn't need a speedometer on a motorcycle. He said, "Would I lie to you?".
Went down to the local CHP office and checked the vehicle code. I was right on both counts so I went down to the city police station and showed the desk sergeant. He said "Don't worry I'll take care of this."
A month later I got a call from my roommate that two deputies had showed up at 3am to arrest me for not showing up in court. I called the judge and he took care of it.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
About 20 years ago I was on the way to hunt some public land, got pulled over for 11 over. The trooper said he was new to the area and asked me for suggestions on where to hunt. I asked him if he was going to give me a ticket or a warning. He said a ticket so I said I wasn't going to tell him anything. He laughed and handed me the ticket. My only speeding ticket in over 30 years of driving.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
65 years driving not one ticket, of course the active F.O.P. medallion might have helped.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I say, anyone driving for a year or more without a ticket, just aint having fun while they are driving.

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Drag racing(side by side).

That was the loophole i used to get out of it,because i never was at the other cars side.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
1964, on the way to school, noisy muffler, fine--$5.00

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Negligent Collision, Bellaire, Texas in summer of 1974.

I totalled my parents car 6 weeks after I received my license at 16 years. I was making a u-turn under the Loop 610 / Evergreen overpass after a midday summer thundershower returning to Meyerland Plaza and instead of braking to yield I mistakenly had my foot on the accelerator. The car wasn't slowing so I just pushed harder, ran up into a yard and hit a frame-bending tree. It was an inexperienced driver mistake.

The Bellaire cop said " What happened boy? Tree jump in front of you?" I didn't find that very funny but I suppose he did.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Pashooter
65 years driving not one ticket, of course the active F.O.P. medallion might have helped.

LOL, yep that helps

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I was 18, I think, had gotten my Chauffeur's license and was driving a "transit bus", a Dodge van actually. It had a 360 in it, I was headed to the other side of the county to pick someone up and running late. Was on the "Appalachian Highway", (S.R.32), a rural 4 lane with little to no traffic, and decided to open it up and see how fast it would bury the speedometer needle, which went to 90 mph or so. Didn't take long, but as I was coasting back down and starting into a long, gentle turn.. what should appear coming the other way but the OSHP? I just coasted over the hilltop and pulled over at the bottom. When I passed him, it looked like I was doing just about 90, but his first words were, "I clocked you going 76 mph..". Boy was I relieved! It cost me $75.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ape hanger handlebars that were ,gasp, 2 inches over my shoulders. also a halogen head light. also no front brake . then there were the straight pipes. cost me 65 dollars to the state of commiefornia. those were 1966 dollars too. then i had to get all the parts fixed to get back on the road. that cost me another 200 bucks. add the fact i couldn't venture on the road without one of chp's finest dogging me and i ended up selling the bike. 1940 Crocker. wish i had it today.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1971. Speeding 42 in a 35. I don't remember how much it cost me. I have had 5 speeding tickets in my entire life. I would have a heck of a time recalling each one it's been so long.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (2500HD, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,942
Posts18,519,095
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.