Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
BC and HS stocks are made by spray a mold with chopped fiberglass and resin mix vs Mcmillan being produced by hand laying resin impregnated fiberglass cloth in a mold. There is really no comparision.

HR IC

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BWalker
BC and HS stocks are made by spray a mold with chopped fiberglass and resin mix vs Mcmillan being produced by hand laying resin impregnated fiberglass cloth in a mold. There is really no comparision.

Funny how I cut into Fiberglass and Kevlar cloth when adding an oversized barrel to a B&C Stock, the one used on a remington 700 titanium which had no bedding block , just pillars.

Mcmillan is built like a taco shell , the fill used for the barrel channel, action inlet is nothing more then chopped fiberglass in epoxy putty. How is that different then chopped fiberglass ? Mcmillan also has parting lines since the halves are epoxied together.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Stay with the factory Seven stock until you have enough money to get either of the following in this preferred order (the Brown FS is the sweet spot of all of them if you prefer higher combs, the KS if you have a fatter face):

1) Brown Precision KS or FS
2) Bansner/High Tech/LAW
3) McMillans KS or Compact or original schnabel in Edge fill

The HS and B&C are not upgrades over the factory tupperware.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by devnull
Originally Posted by 406_SBC
I've never held a HS that felt remotely like it was designed for my hands. Bulky, blocky, and heavy jump to mind. You couldn't pay me to use a HS due to the ergonomics alone.

I couldn't agree more with this post. I've noticed this more in the sporter contours than the varmint/bull barrel contours. I have two (same) Remington short-actions. One has the B&C Ti stock while the other has an HS Precision stock. The ergonomics are night and day different with the B&C being the clear winner. It's a lighter, more-trim stock which fits the sporter contour rifle well. I also have had problems in the past with some of both brands being a drop-in fit. Either sanding on the stock or filing the stock screws down is par for the course.

Truer words have never been spoken by both posters.

Originally Posted by okie john
I've owned rifles with both stocks. At some point you'll become dissatisfied with them and upgrade to something top-of-the-line. I'd cut out the middle man and skip the whole B&C/HS phase.

Okie John

And there's a whole lotta truth to this ^^

FWIW, the Rimrock/Precision Research stocks have long been my favorite. However, they are for the most part unobtainium unless your name is SKANE.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[/b]
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by devnull
[quote=406_SBC]I've never held a HS that felt remotely like it was designed for my hands. Bulky, blocky, and heavy jump to mind. You couldn't pay me to use a HS due to the ergonomics alone.

[b]FWIW, the Rimrock/Precision Research stocks have long been my favorite. However, they are for the most part unobtainium unless your name is SKANE.

Apparently he has some connections

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BC and HS stocks are made by spray a mold with chopped fiberglass and resin mix vs Mcmillan being produced
by hand laying resin impregnated fiberglass cloth in a mold. There is really no comparision.

this from Midway:

" H-S Precision sets the standard in performance and quality when it comes to stocks. Each stock features
a 3-piece design. At the heart of every H-S Precision Stock is a CAD/CAM designed CNC machined aluminum
bedding block chassis. The shell of each stock is comprised of woven Kevlar™ cloth, woven fiberglass cloth,
uni-directional carbon fiber, an epoxy-based gel coat and a laminating resin. The core of the stock is reaction-injection
-molded polyurethane foam and reinforced with fiberglass"

'foam reinforced with fibreglass'....would be referring to the milled fibreglass.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
I've always liked the feel and looks of the B&C, so I guess I'll just stick with it.

Thanks for the replies.

Ive got 2 or 3 B&Cs and like them, especially considering cost.. I have a single HS. It's ok, but not my favorite.

Have several McMillans and are worth the $.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Starman
BC and HS stocks are made by spray a mold with chopped fiberglass and resin mix vs Mcmillan being produced
by hand laying resin impregnated fiberglass cloth in a mold. There is really no comparision.

this from Midway:

" H-S Precision sets the standard in performance and quality when it comes to stocks. Each stock features
a 3-piece design. At the heart of every H-S Precision Stock is a CAD/CAM designed CNC machined aluminum
bedding block chassis. The shell of each stock is comprised of woven Kevlar™ cloth, woven fiberglass cloth,
uni-directional carbon fiber, an epoxy-based gel coat and a laminating resin. The core of the stock is reaction-injection
-molded polyurethane foam and reinforced with fiberglass"

'foam reinforced with fibreglass'....would be referring to the milled fibreglass.

I have had one HS break from a fall and several that have had chunks of the shell falke off. They are not handlaid like a mcmillan.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
And mcmillans are not made like a taco...i have an unpainted edge infront of me as I speak..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chunky and chunky...

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a McMillan Classic for a 700, a McMillan edge for a Weatherby MkV Lightweight and a B&C for a 1st gen 700 Ti.
The McMillans are of higher quality but I PREFER the chunky feel of the B&C. That’s just me.

Retired and loving it.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 1Nut
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
I've always liked the feel and looks of the B&C, so I guess I'll just stick with it.

Thanks for the replies.

Ive got 2 or 3 B&Cs and like them, especially considering cost.. I have a single HS. It's ok, but not my favorite.

Have several McMillans and are worth the $.

Ive got several B&Cs, sold off my HS stocks because the egos didnt suit me, and I know its heresy, but I only have one McMillan, and I like it, but dont feel like its worth the money....wouldnt buy another...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
IMO, for the money you can't beat a B&C Medalist. I have used several and I really like the fit and feel. I bed everything anyway.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,821
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.