Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Big proponent of adopting into your own race /or culture.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by add

If they’ll take you. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by add

If they’ll take you. 😁

glamourpics.com (and a healthy airbrush) can help get a fella in the door.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by joken2

I know of a few older married couples who legally adopted a kid and at least one couple that adopted several kids over a period of years that they were foster parents to first before adopting. I'm pretty sure none of them could have come up with enough money within a reasonable length of time to pay to formally adopt even one child outright.

https://www.adoptivefamilies.com/how-to-adopt/foster-care-adoption/adopting-from-foster-care/

I met three of the kids, all siblings, that the above mentioned couple had been fostering and wound up adopting them all. The oldest, a boy of about 8 or 9, a girl around 4 or 5, and another little girl still a toddler of maybe 2 years old. Put a lump in my throat watching how the big brother watched over his little sisters, made sure they were safe and didn't wander off.

A few minutes after meeting them I happened to walk past the group again and little girl of 4 or 5 all of a sudden just reached up and grabbed hold of my fingers as if she thought she was supposed to leave and go live with me now.

Now THAT was a real heart breaker...

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I went to school with a girl that wanted children . After spending about 100k on fertility treatments and such to no avail , she turned toward adoption. She got two Russian boys two years apart. The blonde haired blue eyed one cost her 100k plus traveling to Moscow being there for two weeks. The second cost her about 80 k as he was from South Eastern Siberia and Has more of an Asian look to him, plus trip to Moscow again. She has piles of money and got what she wanted. Close to 300 k into two infants is more then the average household can handle.
Acouple here adopted a young teenager after serving as foster parents for a period of time. He came with all sorts of issues and is now in the Boy's school awaiting trial............

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have acquaintances that adopted a new born through LDS family services. Their total cost was prenatal medical expenses for the mother, delivery expenses not covered by insurance, and some legal adoption expenses. Certainly less than 10K. Probably less than 5.

Not all adoption is business, but businesses do advertise the most.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A family member adopteed a child with the mother's blessings. No problems, right. It waz an expensive nightmare and they said had they known there is no way they would have done it. The child turned out great. Combat medic in the sand, civilian now and a parent., doing great for which all are thankful but should similar circumstances occur just raise the kid without adoption. $40K might be a little light.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It was 1983, but I will ask the folks what it cost them

In 1972 my parents shelled out $500 for me. Biological mother/father were 14/18.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
with literally thousands of babies needing adoption here in America, I just can't figure folks going to China, Russia, Botswana, El Salvador and the like to find that trophy baby to adopt. I guess Madonna and Laura Ingraham could 'splane it to me though.

Sam......

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
with literally thousands of babies needing adoption here in America, I just can't figure folks going to China, Russia, Botswana, El Salvador and the like to find that trophy baby to adopt. I guess Madonna and Laura Ingraham could 'splane it to me though.

Uncle just adopted a young boy. The process was incredible - I never asked about expense. They had dozens of interviews and home visits as well as mountains of paperwork. If you own fire arms that was a solid No. uncle and wife are both teachers and they were scrutinized in so many ways it wasn’t funny and took months to complete. Other countries aren’t as picky. They will almost hand them over just to get them off their roles

IC B3

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
My wife and I adopted our son 27 years ago, was a private adoption and quite costly for the time. Best decision I ever made in my life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rye77
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Uncle just adopted a young boy. The process was incredible - I never asked about expense. They had dozens of interviews and home visits as well as mountains of paperwork. If you own fire arms that was a solid No. uncle and wife are both teachers and they were scrutinized in so many ways it wasn’t funny and took months to complete. Other countries aren’t as picky. They will almost hand them over just to get them off their roles

Exactly. When it turned out we couldn't have kids we looked seriously at adopting. The money was OK (about $10K total with all the various fees) but the complete process that MD required would have taken over a year and they said two was not uncommon. This for a family that was going to have a stay at home Mom, both parents college educated and professionals in a nice house we own. This was 18 years ago but even then the "safety inspections" of the house included presence of firearms as a determining criteria. Perhaps not as bad in other states but in MD it was a very bad. We ended up just helping with the nieces and nephews and giving back to our community as our solution. I think we would have been pretty good parents.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I passed on to our daughter the info about some states disqualifying homes with guns. Her husband works for Homeland Security and their house is an arsenal. They're very conservative Christians and ardent constitution supporters. Her comment was "That really sucks!"

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yes, the current price to adopt in the US is around 40K. Included is the home study where you are inspected and interviewed and then your whole life is scrutinized and after you go through a mental and physical evaluation you may be given clearance to be put into a pool of prospective parents. Some of the agencies that handle adoptions are set up so that you are put into a data base which the pregnant mother can access and see your files and then choose you as adoptive parents. Then once that happens the adoptive parents are sent the files of those birth mothers that have chosen you and you look those over which include their health and mental histories. The suck part of this whole thing is once you have been matched up and the birth mother has given birth, the birth mothers still have the opportunity to change their minds and keep the baby. At that time you start the whole process of looking for another birth mother. One other thing that is kind of weird to me is, some of the agencies allow the birth mother to stay in contact with the adoptive parents and have communication with them and the birth mothers child. There is more but not at liberty to discuss those aspects.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Meanwhile, I know a wealthy (as in, M.D.) homo & "partner" who have 2 kids via
the route of "renting" the body of a girl in India, then "adopting" the offspring, then having to
move the dam to Tibet, to repeat the process for the second one. Wanted full siblings,
insisted on actually "being the father(s?)". It's a sick world.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I passed on to our daughter the info about some states disqualifying homes with guns. Her husband works for Homeland Security and their house is an arsenal. They're very conservative Christians and ardent constitution supporters. Her comment was "That really sucks!"

They might could try checking into the possibility of a private or independent adoption working directly with the birth parent(s) rather than through adoption agencies. While it still can cost a pretty fair amount if paying for the birth mothers prenatal medical and hospital expenses plus any required legal fees it still shouldn't be a whole lot more than the cost of birthing your own natural child.

I have close family who adopted a new born via private adoption. Most of the details and legalities were worked out and agreed to before the baby was ever born. The day the child was born the adoptive parents were with the birth mother from beginning to end, held the baby right after it was born and left the hospital with it in their arms when dismissed. The child is quite bright, a good student, loving and kind, happy, healthy, and just a all around good looking acting kid now and also excels in multiple sports.

https://www.babycenter.com/0_independent-adoption-risks-benefits-and-how-it-works_1373616.bc

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

125 members (7887mm08, 300_savage, 44mc, 2500HD, Amos63, 8 invisible), 1,658 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,677
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.