W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Timinky
which one would you choose? 10x42
thanks

ELSV, but I'd go with the 12x50s or 10x50s..

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
you are comparing totally different binoculars. the geovids are going to have a pretty heavy green tint. in fact greener than the previous model. The non range swaro is going to have quite a bit better glass. maybe you will not see it in the store but you will in certain conditions.

T
Timinky Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
i know they are totally different. Just seeing which one you would pick and why.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I would choose the leica, because I can't fathom using a separate rangefinder after having used a good pair of ranging bino's.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I would choose the leica, because I can't fathom using a separate rangefinder after having used a good pair of ranging bino's.

+1,000

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the el's swaro sv and the old el's and my brother has the new geovids hd-b. We sat next to each other glassing last year. I thought the leica where the best view sadly and he thought the newer el's had the best view. My wife still thinks the older el's are the best. Swarovski has better warranty record I've sent in multiple pairs and they always hook me up. Just bought some leica's from doug and hoping I won't need there warranty. lol Moral of long post is everybody's eye's see different. They are both world class glass. Each will have benefits like range finder and warranty. Good luck with your search.

Last edited by azelkhuntr; 12/18/17.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
swaro EL range. The el range have a superior focus setup which allows greater fine tuning. better glass, and no annoying green tint that is the first thing you see even in the store. I know you didn't ask about them.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a set of HD-B's and really like them. With that said if I were to do it again O wouod go Swaro. Slightly better glass and a more pleasing/less bulky look.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have used both and I like the ranging feature in the Leica far better and don't notice the green tint. I also like the focus on the Leica better. With the Swaro you are constantly fiddling with it. I have two Swaros already so it isn't like I'm a hater.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I don't see the green tint with my geovids ( HD b) either. I love mine.great glass, great rangefinder, and good ballistics program I doubt there would be any flies on Swaro's either.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
can't believe you guys are missing the green tint. I was all set to buy those when they came out. I was excited and dying to have them. that turned into disappointment. I wore glasses at the time and the image always seemed slightly seperated in the barrels. kinda like you don't have them pushed together close enough. then the tint which I thought was way worse than the outgoing model. I since had lasik, about a month ago I looked at them again to see if getting rid of glasses cured my ills. I had forgotten about the green tint and it was the first thing I noticed in the first second I looked through them for the first time with corrected vision and without glasses. if none of this bothers your rock on!!! the range finder I am pretty sure is quite a bit better, that is if you need it to be, I don't. you get the ballistic function, very cool i might add, and I think it ranges below 33 yards. plus I bet the red display is easier to see. the swaro has the circle in one barrel and the range readout in another barrel. often times in full sunlight you must shift your eyes slightly to see the range readout or the circle aiming reticle. but this setup does allow individual focus of each barrel to a point I feel is better than leica personally. if you do want to run swaros non RF binoculars I would recommend pairing it with a leica RF, or a sig kilo

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

+1,000

Same, and I don't notice an "annoying green tint."

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Negative on the green tint as well. The glass on the HD-B's is very good. The Swaro's to my eyes are just a hair better.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
The only time I see the green tint is when I am looking at the end of the barrel of the binoculars and not thru them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Laughing...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

I did the opposite, don’t want the binos and RF in one unit. I have the Swarovski binocs and a Leica RF.
I use the RF almost exclusively for bowhunting.

NRA Patron
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have had 2 sets of Geovids over the past several years. 10X42 which were stolen and 8x42's which I use now. I prefer the 10x42's. No problems with either. No green tints. Just superb optics and ranging.

My hunting pard has some of the old original bulky Geovids and after many years of hard hunting all over the world they are still going strong.

Lefty C

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Have owned the Leica HD-B's for 3-1/2 yrs. Use them almost weekly. Still going strong. Can't fathom selling them or owning another RF unless something better comes along and it's going to have to be a TON better.

Alan

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by WRO
Originally Posted by Timinky
which one would you choose? 10x42
thanks

ELSV, but I'd go with the 12x50s or 10x50s..

Agreed. I've seen all the RF/LRF combos and none of them (optically) can run with the 10x50 SV's.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,944
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.