Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Read Matt. 1:22-23.

The prophecy given in Is.7:14 referred not to a virgin but to a young woman, living at the time of the prophecy. And Jesus, of course, was called Jesus -- and is not called Emmanuel in any other verse in the New Testament.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Only the RSV calls it a young woman. All the rest say virgin.
Is 7:14 is quoted in Mat 1:23 and in all versions it says virgin.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Only the RSV calls it a young woman. All the rest say virgin.
Is 7:14 is quoted in Mat 1:23 and in all versions it says virgin.

First your assertion about how many translations use the term "young woman" is factually wrong. BBE, CEB, CJB, GNT, GNTA, NSR, NSRA, RSV, and RSVA, all use the term "Young Woman"

The word in Hebrew is הָ עַ לְ מָ ה (elome) which google translates as "damsel", a young unmarried woman.
בתולה is virgin, which is not used in the original Hebrew.

In addition, Jesus still wan't named Emanuel.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/17/17.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
5 wink
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I have always puzzled over Abraham and Abram.

Abram was the father of the moslems after Sarah did not believe the Lord would fulfill His promise and give them a child. She had too little faith and too little patience so she set Abram up with their maid and made her preggo.

Later, God made Abram a new man (as He later did Paul) and changed him to Abraham who became father of the Israelites and Christians.

Lieberals, Muzzies and those unknowing proclaim him father of the Moslems also to also say Christians and muzzies have the same god. Dont listen to lieberals, muzzys or the unknowing or you will be led astray.

Sorry to say most Bible scholars dont see it that way, though thats how it is. Most make excusese saying Hagar and Ishmael had been kicked out, blah, blah, blah.

When Abraham was renamed he was a new man, i percieve it as he was reborn and was never Abram again.

Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son

Anyway, this is how one bible scholar explained it to me.

I appreciate the explanations - I must have dozed off when that was covered.

Im sorry to say, most likely, that was not covered, and most likely, not discerened by most taught "theologians". wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Gus
from an oratory, a rabbi of my acquaintance explained the story of the three religions as Judaism as being the root, and Chritianity and Islam as the two shoots that grew out of the root. that is the bud of Christianity sprouted first from the root, then later another shoot sprouted and grew, and that would be Islam. there was no pronouncement if there would be later shoots from the root to appear. we'll just have to be patient and wait and see.

No, you can read the scriptures rather than testing the wind, which remains suspect, depending on who passed gas.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
In Is7:14 using Blue letter Bible, the original word is G5959 almah. In Matt1:23 the word is G3933 parthenos. One of 353 prophesies fulfilled by Jesus. Jesus="Jehovah is salvation" A) Jesus, the Son of God, the Saviour of mankind, God incarnate.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1minute, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,819
Posts18,477,719
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.