Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
tzone Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Title says it all. My dealer couldn’t find them on tikka’s site or an of his suppliers to order me one.

Last edited by tzone; 12/21/17.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Thats because Tikka T3x Superlites (fluted barrels) are Cabelas and Sportsmans warehouse exclusives....The only difference in them are the Cabelas models have camo stocks and the Sportsmans models have black stocks (which I prefer).......Good luck....Hb

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Thats because Tikka T3x Superlites (fluted barrels) are Cabelas and Sportsmans warehouse exclusives....The only difference in them are the Cabelas models have camo stocks and the Sportsmans models have black stocks (which I prefer).......Good luck....Hb

Don't forget the $150 premium Cabelas puts on that camo stock.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Title says it all.

It may say it all, but I don't understand it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P
Plus Sportsmans has them $50 bucks off right now, at least they did this weekend. $699!!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

P

Yep, Cabelas in Fort Mill had a few of them in stock . Next Tikka will be a 7mag and will get it in the standard SS model, it is plenty light for a 7 mag

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 12/21/17.
T
tzone Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Gotchya! Thank you! The camo stock sucks. I have one in a .223 with a camo stock. I can't stand it.

T
tzone Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Title says it all.

It may say it all, but I don't understand it.

Fixed it. Sorry...typing on the damn phone.

T
tzone Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Are they really any lighter just because of the flutes?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Maybe 4 ounces if that

IC B3

T
tzone Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That's it? Then it's no biggie. I'll get a lite.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Maybe 4 ounces if that

But they look cooler. Not just another plastic rifle. With some stainless and flutes you got a looker. Almost enough to make me take a double shot of 'Fire kool aid and get one in Creedmoor.
They really look better in person than they do on a computer. And $699...not bad.

Last edited by DollarShort; 12/21/17.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley

P
Plus Sportsmans has them $50 bucks off right now, at least they did this weekend. $699!!

Yep, picking up one this weekend. The wife is buying me one for our wedding anniversary, now if I could talk her into that Nightforce scope.....it's our 25th, you think she'd spring for both.

Good to see you posting OM, hadn't heard anything out of you in awhile.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah, i have both and there is just a few ounces difference between the Lite and Superlite models, the Flutes look cool on the Superlite But i like the feel of the Lite models a little better, that little bit of extra barrel weight seems to make the Lite model balance a little better in My hands.....I agree on the camo stocks, they also feel slicker in My hands than the black stocks, I guess its the dip filling in the checkering, its not as sharp and grippy as on the black stocks......Hb

T
tzone Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by DollarShort
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Maybe 4 ounces if that

But they look cooler. Not just another plastic rifle. With some stainless and flutes you got a looker. Almost enough to make me take a double shot of 'Fire kool aid and get one in Creedmoor.
They really look better in person than they do on a computer. And $699...not bad.

I have a stainless fluted M70 already. So the "cool" is covered.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

P

Yep, I actually prefer the black stock myself. They have pretty good deals from time to time too.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley

P

Wow! I bought one a few months ago for $699.99 too, but it also came with a $200.00 scope..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Gotchya! Thank you! The camo stock sucks. I have one in a .223 with a camo stock. I can't stand it.

I own the same but the steal of a deal I got on it from Darrik at Whittaker’s makes up for it. By the time they were done marking it down I think it was $440.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Also be advised that Sportmen's will not ship to other FFL's - only to other Sportsmens Warehouses. Never knew this until I attempted to purchase from ND and WY stores. Quite a strange policy!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
My dealer wasn't able to order that model so I just got the stainless with the black stock. It's plenty light enough and very handy. I like it and am glad I got that model.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (1badf350, 1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 160user, 01Foreman400, 44 invisible), 3,554 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,721
Posts18,534,999
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.