Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My dad sent in his Winchester Extreme Weather to Winchester for a look over. It has not been shooting well for him at all. His was the first gen SC model with the 2x4 stock. He replaced the stock with a McMillan Edge. He shipped it in the Edge (sold the B&C), and received a brand new rifle this evening without the Edge. I'm at a loss.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That stinks

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
you aren't the only one "at a loss". pops is too. man, i'd have to chat with the manufacturer about that one. i'm sure they will say that he shouldn't have shipped it to them with any aftermarket parts on it but dang it man!

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
He asked me if he should just ship the barreled action and I told him I wouldn't worry about it, so I will feel terrible if this doesn't get resolved. There was also no communication. The rifle just arrived today without a letter and no previous emails. And he did write in the description when he shipped the rifle that he was including the McMillan stock.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Somebody at Winchester has a new stock....

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If wouldn't send anything to a maker that they didn't provide. Good luck with that

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kimber has the same warranty policy

They won't ship your rifle back with aftermarket parts or altered if they actualy repair your rifle.

I sent my 84L Montana in this past November

I have a textured painted stock......they were ok with that

My barrel is 1/2" shorter......Kimber insisted they must replace it with a factory spec length

My trigger was adjusted to 2.5 lbs......Kimber insisted they must replace the entire trigger mechanism

All total just under $500 would be my cost.

I told them no thank you......send it back to me as I sent it to you

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
It specifically states in the product return form to remove all aftermarket accessories. I'm sure we are gonna be out on this one, but I will keep you guys updated on what happens. Someone may get a hell of a deal on a brand new EW.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's just as likely to be sitting in the trash.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Damnedest thing I ever heard.

If you send your new car to the dealer for warranty work they dont take all the aftermarket stuff off and keep it do they?

I am MAGA.
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

If you send your new car to the dealer for warranty work they dont take all the aftermarket stuff off and keep it do they?

No, but if the dealer gave you a brand new car in exchange for the one you brought in, I'd not expect the dealer remove all the aftermarket stuff and put it on your new ride.

Plus, I'm there. I've never had to ship a car 1000 miles to a dealer and wait. If I did, I'd make damn sure there was nothing in said car that I wanted to see again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Travis13
He asked me if he should just ship the barreled action and I told him I wouldn't worry about it, so I will feel terrible if this doesn't get resolved. There was also no communication. The rifle just arrived today without a letter and no previous emails. And he did write in the description when he shipped the rifle that he was including the McMillan stock.

Wow, that sucks. I'd be raisin' holy hell.

Call and email everyone in the chain-of-command and start a social media campaign- hit their Facebook page, LinkedIn, twitter, etc.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Email has been sent. Hopefully I hear something tomorrow, left them my number too.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

It's pretty standard in the firearms industry that aftermarket parts will be replaced or removed.

And Steelie is right, it's likely the Stock is in the trash......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd say you owe your dad a stock. You said it wouldn't be a problem.
It is. You were wrong. Do the right thing and tell your dad you will make it right for him even if it means you buying the new stock.
He may say not to worry about it but at least he knows he raised a honorable man.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
It is. You were wrong. Do the right thing and tell your dad you will make it right for him even if it means you buying the new stock.
He may say not to worry about it but at least he knows he raised a honorable man.

I can't believe you just went there. Wow.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Travis13

I can't believe you just went there. Wow.

Why?
He wanted to send just the action. You said not to worry about it. He would not be in this predicament if he hadn't listened to you.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Look I can guarantee you it will be made right. Let's leave how my father raises his children out of it.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well, I have never sent a gun back....so I guess I dont have anything to reference.

Cant believe they would just trash a part off a gun sent in.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R

Good grief man. Where did he give any indication he didn't feel responsible? The fact he made the thread shows his feelings towards the situation.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

380 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,647
Posts18,512,552
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.