Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CZ_Hunter
Originally Posted by WRO
Originally Posted by huntsonora
German Precision Optics.... where in Germany are they built?

I'm betting not even on the same continent as Germany or Washington DC..

Bingo!

You gotta love all those companies (Tract, Maven, GPO etc) that are in the optics business while they make no optics.

I'm sure they will all be around forever with this business model </sarc>

What sucks is that these people are always able to find a few individuals and even sales people that will be hyping up their products on internet forums ... well, perhaps it is their business model along with making no glass

Thanks for the review ... but no thanks! (I rather buy a Leupold scope than GPO, Tract binos any day)

You mean like Bushnell,Simmons,Weaver and a few more I left off ?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WRO

Company is headquartered in Germany. All designs, development, quality control, inspections and whatnot are done in Germany. Manufacturing is China and Japan

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by WRO

Company is headquartered in Germany. All designs, development, quality control, inspections and whatnot are done in Germany. Manufacturing is China and Japan

So just like vortex, except they have an office in Germany. Thank you for clarifying..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't say they are "just like" another brand as the guys who put GPO together are ex-executives from Zeiss and Swarovski. These guys have worked for the best optics companies around and know their way around production, quality control, production, management and distribution.
I believe they are on the road to a very high end competitive product line

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'd love to try them out, especially the 8.5x50's. I like the fact all these new optic companies are coming out. I'm kind of a bino slut so I love trying new ones. My all time favorite are still Swaro 15 HDs followed closely by Ziess Victory HT 10x42's, but lately I have been trying out some of the newer brands. Currently playing around with Maven 9x45s which are rapidly becoming a favorite and my buddy has the Maven 15's. Both are very, very good. I also have a set of Tract Toric 10x42's that I bought 1.5 years ago on a whim that have now been used by everyone in Vegas it seems. I paid something like $550 for them when they were having some promotion and they have been excellent. Dare I say they are Swaro 10x42 SLC ish? Not quite, but in the field multiple people have had a hard time articulating any difference to me. And lastly, my Vanguard Endeavor ED 10x42's I bought for only $100 that someone on here was dumping them for. They have been in my truck 3 years and have been beat like a red headed step child. They have went swimming in Montana lakes and rives several times, been dropped by my kids a lot, and still function great. My dirty little secret is I really love these bino's, great view, good eye cups, they are just EASY if that makes sense. Just an easy overall user experience and they work great. I bring them to anything where I don't want to care about losing them and they just always please. Highly recommended. I'd take them over any Vortex bino. I think the big 3 bino companies may feel the hurt in the future as right now, for around $1,000 you can get some damn good binos that rival closely the alphas.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Casey, thanks for the subjective review. I think a 12x bino and spotting scope would be a good combination for Coues hunting. As such, I think a more qualitative review if the12 binos (Swaro, GPO, Leica, Maven, Vortex) would be nice to see.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Doug, having the Swarovski 12 and these ones, as you can imagine the Swarovski are going to win every time. Having said that, running 12 and a spotting scope is what I have done this entire season and I really enjoy doing it that way.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by WRO

Just out of curiosity, since you are so familiar with this company and GPO is the greatest thing since the sliced bread ... how exactly do you control the quality of products made in China out of your office in Germany?

How about the inspections, are you saying they will ship all products to Germany first, inspect it and then ship it to the US? Hahaha, that's funny.

Look, we all know that chit is shipped out of China directly to the US and only to the US because the US consumers are perhaps the only schmucks that would buy something with a "German" part of the company name believing it must be great because it has "German" in its name.

BTW why a German based company doesn't even have a German version of their website? (and the US version is so amateurishly made that any 11-year-old can do better)

Heck, I can't even find one store in Europe that would sell their products ... perhaps that is the reason why they don't have "Find a dealer" option.

And the funniest part is how they are using Shopify to sell their products in the US ... well, what else do you expect from a couple of guys selling some overpriced Chinese crap out of their basement ...

BTW your store has a fairly good reputation and you don't need to push this junk just to make an extra buck ... unless you are looking to lose your reputation or want to make a fool out of yourself.

Merry Christmas! (or is it Happy Chanukah?)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My understanding is the higher line products are made in Japan and then sent to Germany for final inspection before shipping here to the USA. This is the system on the made in China products as well.
I can say that we have checked out their products and find them to be quality and priced fairly, and less then, vs similar offerings from other companies.

This past Summer we asked a member here on the forum to check out one of the Passion 3X 4-12x40 - Plex Riflescopes which sells for $349.99 (before your 24hour discount). Here is a link to that review. We will not sell a brand we do not believe in or feel it is something not offering a quality product for a fair price.

No, I am not "looking to lose your reputation or want to make a fool out of yourself."
I agree that the name of the company is foolish, however, that does not mean the products that they are offering are not quality for the price point.

Please feel free to call me to discuss any product we represent and it will be our pleasure to go over it with you.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't speak for GPO, but it's very common to have inspectors from the corporate office at the manufacturing plants in China to perform QC.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

M
M
Just a few facts for those stream followers:

1. The information supplied by Doug at Camera Land is correct. Camera Land is one of the most honest retailers in the industry
2. Products are designed in Germany, engineered in Germany and 100% QC inspected in Germany.
3. All production is sent through Germany for QC to maintain our defined quality specifications. Nothing is shipped direct to the USA, every GPO riflescope or binocular shipped worldwide is shipped from Germany. It is our structure.
4. GPO has engineers in place in Germany with engineering backgrounds from Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender and Meopta.
5. The Germany website is www.gp-optics.com, if interested
6. The goal of GPO is to bring similar quality products at better pricing, or better quality products at similar pricing... something most will be in favor of, and something savvy users are quickly recognizing.

Just the facts...

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Mike_at_GPO
Just a few facts for those stream followers:

1. The information supplied by Doug at Camera Land is correct. Camera Land is one of the most honest retailers in the industry
2. Products are designed in Germany, engineered in Germany and 100% QC inspected in Germany.
3. All production is sent through Germany for QC to maintain our defined quality specifications. Nothing is shipped direct to the USA, every GPO riflescope or binocular shipped worldwide is shipped from Germany. It is our structure.
4. GPO has engineers in place in Germany with engineering backgrounds from Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender and Meopta.
5. The Germany website is www.gp-optics.com, if interested
6. The goal of GPO is to bring similar quality products at better pricing, or better quality products at similar pricing... something most will be in favor of, and something savvy users are quickly recognizing.

Just the facts...

Sorry bro, I still don't buy it and all the BS about designed & engineered in Germany is pure BS anyway.

Optics is about glass and that is what you guys do not make, therefore, you have to go around and buy from other companies that do actually make glass.

And who cares if you "design" something in Germany when the actual glass and the product is made in China. Look, you cannot bring Swarowski glass quality at a lower price because Swarovski will not sell you their glass and definitely not at a discount that you can pass on to a consumer and the Chinaman cant produce it anything comparable.

So your problem is that you cant even source anything of Swarowski or Zeiss quality of glass so you are already starting with an inferior glass quality to begin with.

And I have seen that European website version, but that is not German but you guys already know that no German will ever buy your BS product so you don't even need a German language website and therefore your only hope is to find enough fools in the US that will buy your chit.

Look, Doug can spam all the forums around with your crap, but the reality is that until you actually make a real product (glass), there is no hope for a company called German Precision Optics and it is only a matter of time before you are gone and all these fools who bought it are stuck with your junk.

Merry Christmas

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang buddy. You’ve got a few misconceptions that you’ve just leaned on pretty hard- which can’t take the weight.

I’m not speaking up for GPO, so please don’t get confused. I’m simply encouraging you to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool instead of opening it and removing all doubt.

Last edited by 175rltw; 12/22/17.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 175rltw
Dang buddy. You’ve got a few misconceptions that you’ve just leaned on pretty hard- which can’t take the weight.

I’m not speaking up for GPO, so please don’t get confused. I’m simply encouraging you to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool instead of opening it and removing all doubt.

LMFAO!!!!!!! Nicely said!!!! Once upon a time Japanese products were referred to as Japanese junk. Now the smallest drill bits made, the Japanese will drill a hole in. Meanwhile while Europe, and the United States are Banning lead in polishing agents. The Chinese are quietly polishing away with them, and getting really good at it. Putting the squeeze on the alpha companies. Some companies even own their factories, and actually employ quality control employees that are company people. But you know it alls continue to spew that of which you don't know.

Take care, Willie

Last edited by wdenike; 12/22/17.

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
CZ Hunter is obviously a reincarnation of the many "handles" previously exposed on this board. I'd send him straight to the ignore bin.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by wdenike
Originally Posted by 175rltw

LMFAO!!!!!!! Nicely said!!!! Once upon a time Japanese products were referred to as Japanese junk. Now the smallest drill bits made, the Japanese will drill a hole in. Meanwhile while Europe, and the United States are Banning lead in polishing agents. The Chinese are quietly polishing away with them, and getting really good at it. Putting the squeeze on the alpha companies. Some companies even own their factories, and actually employ quality control employees that are company people. But you know it alls continue to spew that of which you don't know.

Take care, Willie

You are correct and I wish that was the case.

Unfortunately, I did not hear any announcements saying "We spent X millions of dollars, hired the best brains and opened a new facility where we are going to make, polish and coat glass for our products by using some new advanced technologies etc".

So no, they don't make chit and they have no advantage over all the other manufacturers. They are actually behind, way behind all those real German manufacturers because they don't make chit and they are just a reseller.

Can you imagine somebody doing the same chit with cars? It's like saying we hired Porsche's ex-CEO and now we are going to source some engines and parts in China and will call it Germans Precision Car company.

Look, if anybody is dumb enough to buy that junk, I really don't care, it's not my money.

Last edited by CZ_Hunter; 12/22/17.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 257Bob, 257man, 57 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,363
Posts18,527,244
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.