Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
6mm250 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The pistol toter probably had a one-size-fits-none $15 nylon holster , no retention.

From the article ;

"An incident involving a stolen gun caused a commotion at Walmart on Skibo Road on Thursday afternoon.

About 3 p.m., Fayetteville police spokeswoman Asia Cannon said, inaccurate information based on radio scanner traffic began circulating about a shooting at the Walmart. Officers arrived and discovered that a man had grabbed a gun off another man who was open-carrying the weapon. The man who grabbed the gun then ran off.

During the incident, someone yelled out in the business about a gun, and a commotion broke out. Cannon said one Walmart employee was treated by emergency personnel for an asthma attack. No one else was injured.

Cannon said the man who stole the gun was last seen running toward Yadkin Road. The incident remains under investigation, and police are searching for the man. Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 483-TIPS (8477)."

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20171222/stolen-gun-at-walmart-causes-panic

I'm actually surprised that this doesn't happen more often. Judging by some of the yahoos I see carrying it looks like they'd be easy marks.

Mike

Last edited by 6mm250; 12/24/17.

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Poke a finger in a guys back and say stick 'em up. Grab his gun while his hands are up and you have a real one to play with. I can see it happening easily.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I figured we be seeing this.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good way to die.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I too am surprised that we don't see more of this. But I don't know if the rarity of it is a function of the demographics in those places where OC is more common - or the reverse.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not even a little surprising. Most of the folks I see open carrying in public are tacticool tards.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know it's judgmental for me to say this, but the kind of people I see doing open carry don't impress me as the kind who would be great tacticians.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Not even a little surprising. Most of the folks I see open carrying in public are tacticool tards.

Yeah, had an old coworker who liked to brag about OC in public malls and whatnot. What a douche.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I could picture the type: mid 60s, morbidly obese, mouthy, all-day campfire poster prancing around walmart with a dont mess with texas shirt on, open carrying

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
They used to teach us in karate class, "It is a wise tiger who keeps his claws concealed."
In other words, don't go around bragging that you are a black belt.

Likewise these open carry guys are begging for trouble.

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I know it's judgmental for me to say this, but the kind of people I see doing open carry don't impress me as the kind who would be great tacticians.

Also not trying to poke fun, but I saw an older gentleman come into Chili's other day I swear he was old enough to have been in the relief force to Mafeking! Poor fellow needed assistance just to get in! Personally a non-issue with me, but I just felt it would have been to his advantage to have it concealed. Just an observation. Hell, he may have been #1 bad dude. I dunno???

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250
The pistol toter probably had a one-size-fits-none $15 nylon holster , no retention.

From the article ;

"An incident involving a stolen gun caused a commotion at Walmart on Skibo Road on Thursday afternoon.

About 3 p.m., Fayetteville police spokeswoman Asia Cannon said, inaccurate information based on radio scanner traffic began circulating about a shooting at the Walmart. Officers arrived and discovered that a man had grabbed a gun off another man who was open-carrying the weapon. The man who grabbed the gun then ran off.

During the incident, someone yelled out in the business about a gun, and a commotion broke out. Cannon said one Walmart employee was treated by emergency personnel for an asthma attack. No one else was injured.

Cannon said the man who stole the gun was last seen running toward Yadkin Road. The incident remains under investigation, and police are searching for the man. Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 483-TIPS (8477)."

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20171222/stolen-gun-at-walmart-causes-panic

I'm actually surprised that this doesn't happen more often. Judging by some of the yahoos I see carrying it looks like they'd be easy marks.

Mike

grin Am I the only one that finds that statement hilarious? grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
No your not Charlie! laugh

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by aalf

Well, that's why you don't use a Fobus paddle holster !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My wife and I had breakfast last Sunday in a Coney restaurant and I saw a guy with open carry walk past our table on his way to the cashier to pay. It didn't bother me but I thought there's a reason that conceal carry would be conspicuous in certain instances - unless the guy just wants to show off.

Last edited by tpcollins; 12/24/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tpcollins
My wife and I had breakfast last Sunday in a Coney restaurant and I saw a guy with open carry walk past our table on his way to the cashier to pay. It didn't bother me but I thought there's a reason that conceal carry would be conspicuous in certain instances - unless the guy just wants to show off.

Grand Coney?

Open Carry is.........Look at me.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by meatsanta226
I could picture the type: mid 60s, morbidly obese, mouthy, all-day campfire poster prancing around walmart with a dont mess with texas shirt on, open carrying

Prayers sent.....I can't imagine how bad your life must suck...

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I SEE THIS A LOT AROUND HERE, BUT, IN THIS AREA PEOPLE DON'T REALLY CARE AND THOSE WHO DO ARE 99% TRANSPLANTS OR ELSE PASSING THROUGH. YEP, US REDNECKS LIVE AND LET...... AND THOSE WHO DON'T, USUALLY LEAVE. WHOEVER THE FOOL WAS THAT WAS CARRYING THAT GUN, HAD NO BUSINESS WITH IT, AND THE BIGGER FOOL WHO GRABBED IT, WAS REALLY LUCKY THAT THE GUY DIDN'T HAVE A COMPANION WHO ALSO CARRIED. THAT KIND OF MONKEY BUSINESS GETS PEOPLE HURT, TO SAY THE LEAST.! ME, i CARRY CONCEALED AND BEING EX-LEO, IT STILL IS AVAILABLE, YET CONTROLLED. CARRYING ONLY WORKS IF IT'S A SURPRISE TO THE ATTACKER.... THEN IT WORKS WONDERS. NOTHING DEMORALIZES A SHOOTER LIKE SOMEONE SHOOTING BACK..!

History is my teacher: VietNam was my lesson.!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
While open carry is legal in a lot of places, being legal does not make it a smart thing to do. Open carrying in the woods, or around the farm makes sense, but doing the same thing in Walmart, or Starbucks, etc, just squanders your main tactical advantages of concealment and anonymity. I've had guys tell me, "Oh, anybody sees my gun knows I'm serious, and they'll find somebody else to mess with!" Which, of course, is utterly complete bullschit. Just the mere sight of a holstered gun does not cause your average thug to quake in fear, but simply causes them to replan their attack. Instead of attacking from the front, they'll just wait til you're not looking, clip you in the back of the head, or just shoot you, then take your money AND your gun from your dead or unconscious body.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,696
Posts18,475,180
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.