Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Remind your friends and family to stay safe and be careful out there and keep a childs first gun a pleasant one.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by redheadmx
Remind your friends and family to stay safe and be careful out there and keep a child's (and any beginning shooter's) first gun a pleasant one.

If I may so humbly edit your text.

I see guys handing their kids and significant others large caliber firearms that kick the snot out of them and the muzzle blast and sound deafen them, then laugh at their reaction. Punks, every one.

Merry Christmas!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Remind your friends and family to stay safe and be careful out there and keep a child's (and any beginning shooter's) first gun a pleasant one.

I see guys handing their kids and significant others large caliber firearms that kick the snot out of them and the muzzle blast and sound deafen them, then laugh at their reaction. Punks, every one.

Merry Christmas!

Ed

Thats fine, and i completely agree. My thumbnail is just for attention. lol he is a few years away from trying that one.

Last edited by redheadmx; 12/24/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Merry Christmas!

Ed

Have seen it several times. Idiots.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A person's first experience with firearms should be pleasant. They can work into the heavier calibers later if and when they want to. A 22lr is still my firearm of choice.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I used to shoot Red wasps going into the lid of my butane tank. One came back, hit me in the forehead. I was lucky!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
OK to give a good kid a BB gun..........but only if they shoot pellets out of it.
Much reduced ricochet risk.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I do not understand why people don't wear eye and ear pro when shooting. It is such a cheap and easy insurance factor.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hookeye
OK to give a good kid a BB gun..........but only if they shoot pellets out of it.
Much reduced ricochet risk.

Buy yourself a helmet. I shot 10's of thousands of rounds out of my BB gun with.......BB's! and never was harmed by a ricochet.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I had one come back and nail me in the shooting glasses as a kid.

Having two good eyes is so overrated.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/24/17.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Merry Christmas!

Ed

I absolutely agree, Ed. Bullies, every one of them.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Took a 2LT on a convoy in Iraq, everything went ok. Next day he took a convoy out and had a bullet go thru the windshield
and hit him in the eye. He went to the big hospital in Germany. Don,t know if he lost the eye or not.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

Took a 2LT on a convoy in Iraq, everything went ok. Next day he took a convoy out and had a bullet go thru the windshield
and hit him in the eye. He went to the big hospital in Germany. Don,t know if he lost the eye or not.

That sucks.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I have never suckered a newb into shooting a hard recoil gun.

Don't see the humor in that crap.

However, have had two ask to shoot my .44 magnums after watching me shoot.

I let them.
One was my wife............she thought it no big deal, but then she couldn't hit crap either.

One was my oldest daughter, when she was maybe 80# (she's now 26 and weighs 100#).
Petite like her mom.

She blasted a few and got mad, said on the way home she wanted to try again, not hitting the bullseye p*ssed her off.

Like that kid I do smile

The largest rig mom can shoot decent, is an all steel 9mm (P35).

Last edited by hookeye; 12/25/17.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Hookeye, when I was just out of high school I dated a beautiful young lady, last name of Stockton, who had her own 7.5" barreled M-29 S&W. She had killed two bears with that pistol, on two different occasions, trying to get her horses out on Homestead Road in Chugiak, in the two years prior to me meeting her.`

While not short, she was slender, and handled that pistol like it was an extension of herself.

Start 'em right, and they will turn into real shooters.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (22250rem, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,367
Posts18,506,453
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.