Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by tpcollins
My wife and I had breakfast last Sunday in a Coney restaurant and I saw a guy with open carry walk past our table on his way to the cashier to pay. It didn't bother me but I thought there's a reason that conceal carry would be conspicuous in certain instances - unless the guy just wants to show off.

I see it a LOT here, usually a young man with an Uncle Mike's holster and a plastic Ruger of some variety in it, and his wife and maybe a young child with them. There are lots of fast food joints here. We don't eat out often, but it seems we see someone open-carrying every time we go out. Now and then I'll see an old guy with a much smaller pistol, worn openly, but not often. It's usually a younger guy around here, with the cheapest high-cap 9 he can find.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
, smile
Originally Posted by meatsanta226
I could picture the type: mid 60s, morbidly obese, mouthy, all-day campfire poster prancing around walmart with a dont mess with texas shirt on, open carrying

Its easy to see right off the bat what a genius you are. cool

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I could picture the type: mid 60s, morbidly obese, mouthy, all-day campfire poster prancing around walmart with a dont mess with texas shirt on, open carrying

What do you imagine Hillary looks like nekked?

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Kentucky has been a open carry state for as far back as I can remember and long before our CCDW permit became legal. Very seldom have I ever seen a private citizen open carry in more populated urban areas but have and occasionally still do out around small rural communities. As a personal opinion it seems to me that in any actual serious armed robbery, car jacking, kidnapping, or crazed shooter situation anyone open carrying a firearm would probably be who bad guy(s) would want to disarm and/or eliminate first. Although I had a KY CCDW permit I regularly open carried a handgun as a requirement of a job I had for a few years where I handled and transported large amounts of cash openly in public all by myself. While open carry might've been enough to deter some impulsive spur-of-the-moment robbery attempt I also knew and accepted that if anyone wanted to accomplish their goal bad enough what ever that goal was and didn't want to risk being identified and/or shot at themselves they could've taken me out at anytime before I could ever make use of my gun.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Said it before and I'll say it again...not a big fan of open carry.Carry concealed, it keeps the snowflakes and the bad guys ignorant... surprises are like gifts...its better to give than to receive....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

.....somewhere in Arkansas of course......

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I was in Home Depot today and notice a guy checking out with a pro concealed carry shirt on. Took 2 seconds to see the imprint of his carry gun would never have noticed it but for the shirt. We can open carry here I don’t believe in advertising it.

Last edited by Mike_S; 12/24/17.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V

Did Ol'flave move to Arkansas.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Or maybe somewhere in Washington state?

If one is good, you know two gotta to be mo' better...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Since TX passed open carry 2 years ago, I've seen a grand total of 3 people doing it.

And the only time I do it is when hunting or working on My Ranch. Period.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
chlinstructoir,

EXACTLY & SPOT ON.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Bet somebody just wanted to re-gift a Taurus................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by 6mm250
The pistol toter probably had a one-size-fits-none $15 nylon holster , no retention.

From the article ;

"An incident involving a stolen gun caused a commotion at Walmart on Skibo Road on Thursday afternoon.

About 3 p.m., Fayetteville police spokeswoman Asia Cannon said, inaccurate information based on radio scanner traffic began circulating about a shooting at the Walmart. Officers arrived and discovered that a man had grabbed a gun off another man who was open-carrying the weapon. The man who grabbed the gun then ran off.

During the incident, someone yelled out in the business about a gun, and a commotion broke out. Cannon said one Walmart employee was treated by emergency personnel for an asthma attack. No one else was injured.

Cannon said the man who stole the gun was last seen running toward Yadkin Road. The incident remains under investigation, and police are searching for the man. Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 483-TIPS (8477)."

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20171222/stolen-gun-at-walmart-causes-panic

I'm actually surprised that this doesn't happen more often. Judging by some of the yahoos I see carrying it looks like they'd be easy marks.

Mike

grin Am I the only one that finds that statement hilarious? grin

Since the wife has asthma, and has very nearly died from it several times, no.....I can't say I find any humor at all in that statement. Between asthma and a heart condition, I could lose her tomorrow, or ten years from now. Asthma is no joke.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I love walking around my local wally world. My wife and I count how many idiots are open carrying. Our record is 4 in one visit. It gives me a warm fuzzy knowing if SHTF these open carry idiots are the first to get shot while us CC people can blend in until the right time to take care of business.

I like seeing the open carry targets!!
Elk Country

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Well yeah, but it's really hard to conceal my 6" M686..............

wink

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Im a huge proponent of open carry. Keeps peoples eyes on the idiot and off of me. If you wear 5.11, Proper, Vertx, etc, you might as well open carry. Nothing screams, "Im the guy with the gun!" Like 5.11 clothing or accessories.

Tip for OCers, dont use urinals.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

ROFL! laugh

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JWD8310
Im a huge proponent of open carry. Keeps peoples eyes on the idiot and off of me. If you wear 5.11, Proper, Vertx, etc, you might as well open carry. Nothing screams, "Im the guy with the gun!" Like 5.11 clothing or accessories.

Tip for OCers, dont use urinals.

Gonna be some fast dimocrats getting free pistols.

God forbid when one of those free pistols goes and kills some poor innocent. Gonna be hell to pay for the good old 2A.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/25/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by 6mm250
The pistol toter probably had a one-size-fits-none $15 nylon holster , no retention.

From the article ;

"An incident involving a stolen gun caused a commotion at Walmart on Skibo Road on Thursday afternoon.

About 3 p.m., Fayetteville police spokeswoman Asia Cannon said, inaccurate information based on radio scanner traffic began circulating about a shooting at the Walmart. Officers arrived and discovered that a man had grabbed a gun off another man who was open-carrying the weapon. The man who grabbed the gun then ran off.

During the incident, someone yelled out in the business about a gun, and a commotion broke out. Cannon said one Walmart employee was treated by emergency personnel for an asthma attack. No one else was injured.

Cannon said the man who stole the gun was last seen running toward Yadkin Road. The incident remains under investigation, and police are searching for the man. Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 483-TIPS (8477)."

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20171222/stolen-gun-at-walmart-causes-panic

I'm actually surprised that this doesn't happen more often. Judging by some of the yahoos I see carrying it looks like they'd be easy marks.

Mike

grin Am I the only one that finds that statement hilarious? grin

Yes, you probably are. There is not a damn thing funny about an asthma attack and a good thing the medics were there to treat the person.

I took that comment to mean that it was hilarious that the asthma attack was considered a result of saying "gun". I didn't think the comment meant that asthma attacks are funny. Perhaps I'm wrong.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Nope, you were right.
Some folks act all sensitive/democrat.
My kid has asthma, pretty bad too.
I have it....not too bad.
Thought somebody saying "gun" causing somebody else to have an attack............ funny.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 21, 160user, 70 invisible), 15,754 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,182
Posts18,543,242
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.