Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Dinner last night at my brothers. My niece has her boyfriend over and he starts this anti Trump talk. I told him, "Let's not have that at our Christmas dinner."

So this little bitch starts some sloppy crap coming out of his mouth, and I start tightening up, getting mad. Had someone not been sitting between us I might have backhanded that little twit. My brother tells him, "That's enough Dixon." and my sister gets her hands on my shoulders.

I just stayed away from him the rest of the night, out of respect for my brothers house and my family. I really would have liked to drag him outside and give him his first man sized beating.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
It “truly” is disappointing that keeping piece in the family, Trumps (pun intended) an educational moment! I do understand, and empathize. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I know that same feeling. You can't stand being around people like that and it is against the law to kill them.
Merry Christmas everybody.

Eric

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have "family" I simply refuse to ever see or speak to again. That's my method of keeping the peace. They could die of fleshing eating worms and I wouldn't care or even make their funeral. One is my neice, who you have seen in the background of some Hillary campaign ads on TV. Hate that little socialst bitck.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
"Dixon" No wonder he's behind the ball.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Dumass Dixon.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's always compelling reading what a person 'would' do, but don't.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got invited to a campfire/20 somethings 4 wheeling and shooting get together the other day up in the mountains near here. I made it long enough to get the fire started for the lazy little twits who were busy popping beers and sucking on the bong. I'm not accustomed to perfectly healthy young people standing around getting high while the senior in the group cuts and drags logs from the forest to light the fire that get's their lazy asses warm. The clincher was when my young friends loudmouthed little beitch sister started running her fly trap I knew it was time to leave.

I tried.

LOL
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I think the progressive spelling is "Dicksun".
Or maybe it's "Dicksuk" on the coasts.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I can empathize, a too large percentage of my in-laws are bleeding heart liberals. It is difficult to do holidays with them as they like to bait others into an argument thereby disrupting the mood. They tend to leave me alone as I can not only make a valid argument against them but continue inviting them to family functions we host. It puts them in the difficult position of being "intolerant" and not including me in the events they host. Being kind and understanding towards them bothers them more than being proven wrong in an argument. It has an added benefit of keeping the wife happy which makes my life even more pleasant. Improving my lot in life at the expense of liberals is something to strive for.

Last edited by woodmaster81; 12/25/17.
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Ol lady and kids at her moms.
Her fat, broke, and stupid democrat sister will be there.
I'm at home smile

Last edited by hookeye; 12/25/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I imagine there have been lively conversations throughout our country...

How many minds do think may have been changed?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Best thing you could have done leaving a gathering that mixed shooting with pot and alcohol.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
You could permanently misremember his name as "Nixon" for the next time you see him and act totally puzzled if he's not crazy about it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have no problem with Dixon stating his opinion, he has a right to do that even though he's wrong. He has the view's of a 20 year old who never lived in the real world.

But I have a real problem with the failure to show respect when you are a GUEST in a family function. Especially when you run your flap to the older people in the family. My family is on both sides of the line, we don't discuss such things for the sake of peace. To try and take a crap on the dinner table is worthy of a harsh response.

As it was my brothers response was mild, but my brother is my family and does share our rather quick temper. I guarantee that had Dixon not heeded the warning the response would have escalated quickly. But it's my brothers house and his call.

Last edited by Armednfree; 12/25/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We invited three folks to church yesterday. They came. After the sermon, this dickhead, who is a deacon, stood up and began talking. In his windy speech, he welcomed the visitors, as long as they behaved and believed like he did, lest he drag them out the door.

Do you kick his ass in front of everyone?

Do you discuss this with him in private later?

Do you apologize to your guests and not invite anyone else and let this behavior continue?

This guy is also a neighbor, and I've had issues with him in the past.
Sometimes there are not easy, correct answers.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I have no problem with Dixon stating his opinion, he has a right to do that even though he's wrong. He has the view's of a 20 year old who never lived in the real world.

But I have a real problem with the failure to show respect when you are a GUEST in a family function. Especially when you run your flap to the older people in the family. My family is on both sides of the line, we don't discuss such things for the sake of peace. To try and take a crap on the dinner table is worthy of a harsh response.

As it was my brothers response was mild, but my brother is my family and does share our rather quick temper. I guarantee that had Dixon not heeded the warning the response would have escalated quickly. But it's my brothers house and his call.

Those basic manners seem to be lacking in a disturbingly high number of people these days.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like y'all narrowly escaped mayhem in the doublewide.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by Armednfree

Those basic manners seem to be lacking in a disturbingly high number of people these days.

Obviously he did not receive the same type of lessons in this I did.

I know many of you know those lessons well.

You know, the lesson where disrespectful conduct, especially around elders, equals knots on your head or welts on you azz. Yeah, that one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Best thing you could have done leaving a gathering that mixed shooting with pot and alcohol.

Yes sir, agreed. I suspected it would go this way, but have been trying to spend a little time with a young friend that needs a little guidance.

Sorry to the OP for the hi-jack.

LOL
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

323 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 1minute, 117LBS, 219DW, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,321
Posts18,505,832
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.