-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thinking about setting up a trip fishing in Alaska next summer where we could actually "live/sleep" on the boat the entire time we are there. There will possibly be four or five of us. Looking for salmon, halibut, bottom fishing, maybe some river flyfishing, etc. Anyone know of anyone that offers this service? Not real particular about any certain location in Alaska as long as the fishing is good. Thanks.

Last edited by troutslayer; 12/29/17.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are a few charters that offer multi day trips.

You're going to need to do some research on various fishing locations and the species you're after as the time of year, weather and location all play a role into how good the fishing is.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Not aware of anybody who is offering trips where you stay on a boat anymore, at least in my area. A few floating lodges I think.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Out of Kodiak, Mythos Charters ran a converted fishing boat with small groups and did the total mix of things. They had a decent boat, multiple sea kayaks, fishing gear, and ran longer charters away from crowds. I am not sure if they are still doing them. The big problem is finding enough good weather to get out on the water the way you want to. You will probably lose some days, regardless...

Typical better plan would be fishing on day charters and such from a town or remotely at a lodge. There are a number of converted canneries and remote lodges that can do it for you on a daily basis. As a bonus, AK limits are based on daily limits with (generally) a two-day possession limit. The exception is that fish frozen or preserved (smoked and canned for example) do NOT count against your possession limit. Boats have trouble freezing your catch on the water...

A remote lodge I am familiar with that runs a good long-time family business is Quartz Creek Lodge on NE Arm of Uganik Bay.

http://www.quartzcreeklodge.com/

They have raised a quality family there for many years and are good folks. When I go hunting in the bay they usually run out a big load of incredible tanner crabs for me. They started long before they really knew me. Good people and an amazing place. They have a couple of the best brown bear guides around in the family, too.

From Calvin's pictures and reputation, he is someone you should talk to also.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the info. I will check into all of them. Any more suggestions are welcome.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I've seen some I hunted up on google. It was out of my price range but looked like a fun trip. I remember one of them being out of Sitka.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are a couple outfits offering floating cabins out of Cordova. Cabins are pretty nice and come with a boat & motor for every 2 fisherman. Cabins are parked on saltwater, with several freshwater creeks in the area.
I was delighted with the the entire package and will likely return.
We caught silvers, pinks, halibut, rockfish, including yellow eyes, and the surprise bonus, cutthroats. You can google or youtube them up if you're interested.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 61 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,435
Posts18,470,821
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.