-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No big revelation here but that oversize magazine well looks like they already designed in the ability to make them in any rimless pistol caliber that's out there - .40, .45, 10mm, whatever.

.223 is loud in a 16" barrel and really annoyingly loud in an indoor range where a lot of people shoot these days, but a 9mm or .45 in a 16" barrel would be almost mild. Plus, while .223 is getting pretty cheap again nothing beats the price of bulk 9mm ammo for centerfire blasting fun.

Nothing I'm hankering over but again a tip of the hat to Ruger for constantly bringing out new products. Choice is good.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can appreciate it, but I'm good with my 10 shot 44 magnum lever for an all arounder.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
No big revelation here but that oversize magazine well looks like they already designed in the ability to make them in any rimless pistol caliber that's out there - .40, .45, .10mm, whatever.

.223 is loud in a 16" barrel and really annoyingly loud in an indoor range where a lot of people shoot these days, but a 9mm or .45 in a 16" barrel would be almost mild. Plus, while .223 is getting pretty cheap again nothing beats the price of bulk 9mm ammo for centerfire blasting fun.

Nothing I'm hankering over but again a tip of the hat to Ruger for constantly bringing out new products. Choice is good.

Very astute, Jim. I'd have to agree on all counts.

Still don't want one. I shoot mostly outdoors. If they could shave about a pound off the weight and $150 off the price though, I might get interested. Maybe.

I recall having a 9mm carbine years ago. Shot it a lot. It did well, for what it was. Sold it at 100% profit and haven't missed it. Apparently, I am the only one in the family who does not miss it though.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Maybe Magpul will produce a better stock for it like they did for the 10/22 takedown.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If this does take off I can see a big aftermarket for magazine adapters for any brand of pistol, or maybe even Ruger would offer them through their on-line store.

Slight side bar but I was amazed by the number of people who use indoor ranges, even here in Boise where a fine outdoor range is 20 minutes away and a "free fire" zone in the boonies is maybe 35 minutes south. A friend of mine and his son invited me to a new indoor range in Meridian just west of Boise. Their big draw is a 100 yard rifle range and they have two 25 yard pistol ranges with all the latest high tech stuff - cameras to show your targets, digital readouts on the target control to set for any range you want, etc.

Anyway, that place was jam packed. We got there right at opening and were able to get a lane but within 45 minutes every lane was full with folks waiting in line. Winter probably has a bit to do with it but I'm thinking of all the areas across the country with no decent outdoor ranges available. I know everybody here is happy that they have a place to shoot but lots and lots of folks don't, but they still want to shoot. I can see this carbine showing up on a lot of 25 yard indoor ranges. Another draw is that folks can make bragging groups with the carbine where before they had trouble hitting the target with their new pistols. wink

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Believe I will pass!

"the .30-06 is never a mistake"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JoeBob
My first thought was that I need one. My second thought is that I’m not sure why. The cost is juuust high enough to make me get to that second thought. If it were a $100 or $150 cheaper, I probably wouldn’t make it to the second thought phase.

From the recommended price I'll bet you can pick one up new in the street price.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Interesting approach. Looks fun. I go for ditching the takedown and using a wood stock for about $350.

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
If this does take off I can see a big aftermarket for magazine adapters for any brand of pistol, or maybe even Ruger would offer them through their on-line store.

Slight side bar but I was amazed by the number of people who use indoor ranges, even here in Boise where a fine outdoor range is 20 minutes away and a "free fire" zone in the boonies is maybe 35 minutes south. A friend of mine and his son invited me to a new indoor range in Meridian just west of Boise. Their big draw is a 100 yard rifle range and they have two 25 yard pistol ranges with all the latest high tech stuff - cameras to show your targets, digital readouts on the target control to set for any range you want, etc.

Anyway, that place was jam packed. We got there right at opening and were able to get a lane but within 45 minutes every lane was full with folks waiting in line. Winter probably has a bit to do with it but I'm thinking of all the areas across the country with no decent outdoor ranges available. I know everybody here is happy that they have a place to shoot but lots and lots of folks don't, but they still want to shoot. I can see this carbine showing up on a lot of 25 yard indoor ranges. Another draw is that folks can make bragging groups with the carbine where before they had trouble hitting the target with their new pistols. wink

Think I said it here before.....pistol caliber carbines are for people who can't shoot handguns. wink

I was unaware of the range in Meridian. Where is it, exactly?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Independence Indoor Range, 2749 E. Gala Ct., just south of Overland and just west of Eagle Road, within sight of the Majestic movie theater. Take S. Wells Ave. off of Overland to get there.

A nice draw is that they have a bunch of rental firearms to shoot including several full auto. I think they even have an M249 SAW. While I was there a handful of folks brought in a full auto weapon with 3-4 magazines and burned up $50 worth of ammo in a few seconds. wink

https://www.iishooting.com/

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My 16 inch lever in 357 mag (9 + 1) will do me. I reload/cast so ammo's never a problem.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by BlackFrog
I bet they sell a ton of them, takes Ruger and Glock mags.
Looks like an updated and better version of their older PC9 in a takedown.
It'll be on my list.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

Did the designers at Ruger make some sort of new years bet last year on who could design the ugliest gun and now they're all trying to win at the end of the year? eek grin

Most of you guys who will buy this little carbine will likely paint some type web design on the gun anyway. I have seen some web painting on rifles posted on the campfire to make this 9mm rifle a work of art.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
Not a Keltec clone, a Beretta CX9. Pretty much identical.

I like the looks of the Beretta better, with the magazine in the grip. Just a smoother looking piece.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by BlackFrog
I was surprised to see that weight spec for the gun when you figure a 10/22 is more than a pound lighter.

The only 9mm subgun/carbine I'm familiar with is the UZI, the bolt on that thing is a real boat anchor. This might be similar.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Spud
My 16 inch lever in 357 mag (9 + 1) will do me. I reload/cast so ammo's never a problem.

For practical use, I'd much rather have Spud's lever gun or the US Carbine 30 M1.

The Camp 9, the Previous Ruger, and the like, never set any sales records.

If it's different this time around, thank the low cost of factory 9mmP - the "21st century 22 magnum".

Last edited by night_owl; 12/29/17.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Most of you guys who will buy this little carbine will likely paint some type web design on the gun anyway. I have seen some web painting on rifles posted on the campfire to make this 9mm rifle a work of art.

Not sure about the "web", but a little camo never hurts! wink

AR10

[Linked Image]

AR15 build.

[Linked Image]

It sure wouldn't hurt that 9mm Ruger any.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I don't understand why anyone would want that Ruger PC.

More expensive for plinking than a .22.

No good for deer hunting.

No good for varmint hunting--trajectory.

Not portable like a 9mm handgun.

Worse for self defense than practically any other long gun.

Heck, for practically anything, Winchester's model of 18 and 73 beats it out. 140 years and no progress. And the Winchester 1873 doesn't even look ugly.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
Not a Keltec clone, a Beretta CX9. Pretty much identical.

I like the looks of the Beretta better, with the magazine in the grip. Just a smoother looking piece.

Agreed.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That looks like a great idea.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I don't understand why anyone would want that Ruger PC.

More expensive for plinking than a .22.

No good for deer hunting.

No good for varmint hunting--trajectory.

Not portable like a 9mm handgun.

Worse for self defense than practically any other long gun.

Heck, for practically anything, Winchester's model of 18 and 73 beats it out. 140 years and no progress. And the Winchester 1873 doesn't even look ugly.

IIf Ruger can get this rifle on "The Walking Dead" you will never be able to find one. Take note what rick carrying a Colt Python has done to Python prices the last 6-8 years...

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,688 guests, and 1,420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,098
Posts18,483,058
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.