Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Gr8ful, I had a guy show up on a hunt and he was filming it for TV, he requested tha I use his Hawke spotting scope. I looked through it for 2 seconds and said “f no”. Biggest POS I’ve looked through in years. This was 3 years ago. They made me tape over the brand name of my scope so they didn’t film it. Maybe they’ve gotten better? I’ll never buy one. That spotter was horrible

I appreciate your feedback. Hawke has redesigned and greatly improved their spotting scopes in the past couple of years.
Their riflescopes have received very consistently good reviews and are worth giving a serious look at

I like the Hawke Endurance and Endurance 30 scopes I have. Illuminated at $110 is a steal. Hard to sort out the model details without digging around a bit....

I saw CLNY now has the 8X56 Illuminated LR DOT listed. Cudos. Haven't used mine a whole lot yet but sure like the view.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by kingston

I saw those but they are 30mm not 1 in.and I'm not crazy about the reticle.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
In 3-9x40's the best deals, IMO, are:

Brunton Lite-Tech Yors 3-9x40 - Wire Duplex reticle This is a discountued scope that sold for $149.99 and we are closing these out for $29.99

Hawke is updating some models and SKU #'s which has made these great opportunities:

HawkeEndurance 3-9x40 LER 30/30 #16110 reduced from $229.99 to only $109.99

Hawke Endurance 3-9×40 LER 223/308 #HK6354 reduced from $239.99 to $129.99

Hawke Endurance 3-9×40 LER SLUG #HK6356 reduced from $239.99 to only $129.99

We have 1 of the Leupold 3-9x50 VX-2 #110805's left for only $259.99

If you want to go to 2-10x40 we are offering a deal on the Athlon Argos 2-10x40 in your choice of reticle for only $224.99. This is a call in to order special, 516-217-1000.

I think these are some "BEST BUY" opportunities.

Happy New Year from our Camera Land family to yours smile

What Vortex would be the equivalent?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the Vortex parallel quality product to the Hawke Endurance series would be their Diamondback HP series, which would be considerably more expensive than any of the options that I mentioned.
Price wise, the Vortex Crossfire II series would be closest, which would be inferior to the Hawke Endurance, and still more expensive than these Hawke options.

The closest Vortex equivalent to the Athlon Argos 2-10x40 would be a Viper HS which would be almost twice as expensive and would be a 2.5-10x44

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Thanks for the heads up SockPuppet, I just ordered the Sightron. Between "fire" members locating these good deals and Doug's deals at CameraLand, we are a well informed bunch regarding optic deals. I have purchased three scopes in three months due to this site.

IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I have a Sightron SII, 3-9x42 on my TC Omega muzzleloader. It gets hunted quite hard and has been knocked around quite a bit. The scope has maintained zero since I put it on several years ago. Bought mine from Midsouth or Natchez a few years back for about the same price.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I bought a 4-16 Endurance on one of Doug's earlier deals. I really liked the glass and the reticle, but the scope was defective and would not hold. I sent it to Hawke and they agreed that it was defective.. They had no more to send me, so they upgraded me to a Sidewinder. So far, I am pleased with the scope. The glass is clear and the reticle is good. Time will tell, but it sits on a 30-06 and will hopefully help kill a couple deer next week. These are not light, flimsy scopes, so not for the weight worriers. They come with lens caps attached, that seem to be very durable.

Hawke customer service was top notch and that helps with any product. Lots of good scope deals around! I have to keep talking myself out of buying more "just because".

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by slm9s
I assume a duplex reticle?

Yes. I believe they also make the SII 3-9 with their hunter holdover style reticle but I haven't seen a great deal on that one.

The hhr scopes dont have the exact trac, also it is a discontined early s2 model .midsouth had em on sale couple wks ago.

So no Exact Trac on the scope SP provided the link to?

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The SII on Sierra is an Exac Trac model.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Mine came in this morning. Something worth noting is that the eyepiece focus was threaded quite a ways out. To get the focus where I wanted it I had to thread it all the way in, then out about 3/4 of a turn. Thought this might save some time to others who order them.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What’s Exac Trac. My experience with Sightron scopes is limited to a SIII 6-24x50mm LRMOA-H.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Its their adjustment system. Rumor is its the same system as the Weaver MicroTrac.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've read that as well. Sightron uses the same system on the SII all the way up to their SV models. I found this description on the web:

ExacTrack Advantage
Sightron is extremely proud of its creation of ExacTrack. This is one of the most revolutionary breakthroughs in shooting history and they want everyone to know about it. ExacTrack features an erector tube that keeps a positive, flush point of contract from zero alignment - no matter what adjustments need to be made. This ensures that, as long as you are using ExacTrack, you will never experience drift.

How ExacTrack Works
Certainly, the main reason that you buy a scope is for accuracy. You want to focus in on your shot and take as accurate a shot as possible. The way that you create accuracy is with many different components. The quality of the lenses matters, as does the design and resistance of the main body tube. Inside the Sightron scope is an erector or pivot tube. The windage and elevation adjustments move this tube for accurate alignment.

The Problem with Other Scopes
Other scopes have a curve surface against a flat one. When the erector tube is in the ideal centered position, the contact is complete at zero adjustment. However, when the adjustments press the erector tube, the contact becomes imperfect. This causes the reticle to drift from the optical center and this creates a point-of-impact shift which you certainly don't want.

How Sightron Handles This
With the Sightron ExacTrack, the erector tube has an integral ring. This ring, together with redesigned adjustment screws, is the first positive contact system on the market today. ExacTrack makes sure that the riflescope keeps constant and perfect point-of-impact either at, or off, zero. This amazing use of a constant pressure point ensures the accuracy of all Sightron scopes - no matter the condition.

Last edited by SockPuppet; 12/29/17.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ordered 2 of the Sightron's to try out. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
SII vs SI? I have an SI never an SII. How would this SII compare to the old Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9s from back in the day that cleared out at $150? Reticle bolder or less than Leupold regular?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Thanks for the tip ordered one yesterday.Talked to my son today he said he wanted one so ordered another today.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
SII vs SI? I have an SI never an SII. How would this SII compare to the old Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9s from back in the day that cleared out at $150? Reticle bolder or less than Leupold regular?

I had an SI years ago but didn't really care for the glass, but maybe mine was an oddball. Glass is subjective, but I'd say the SII glass is a bit better than the 3200, but not as good as a 4200. I suppose it depends on your intended use whether that will hold you back. There are a lot of scopes out there these days that have really nice glass for the price, but I have doubts about their mechanics. I don't currently have any Leupolds to compare to, but here is a link to the specs on Sightron's web page: SII Specs

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks for addressing those questions and providing the heads up and links plus the shipping code!

Conventional wire or etched reticle?

WTH I ordered.... LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I hope you fellas like them when they arrive. I have no affiliation with either Sightron or Sierra Trading Post, just wanted to pass on what I thought was a solid deal on a solid scope. I've got some rifles with pretty decent scopes on them (no alpha stuff yet) but others where I just want a tough, simple scope that will get the job done.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The SII is a great scope and that is a steal....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 4,147 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,703
Posts18,534,721
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.