Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Tonight would have been her bread and butter, hosting the New Years show on CNN. She’s still blaming Trump and old white men..

Comedian Kathy Griffin claims the infamous bloody shock photograph of herself clutching the fake, decapitated head of President Donald Trump would have blown over within days had Trump himself not responded to the photo on social media.

In an interview with Politico this week, the 57-year-old My Life on the D-List star said she still cannot book stand-up concerts anywhere in the United States, seven months after the photo was first published by TMZ.

“I think it would have been gone in a week without his tweet,” Griffin told Politico. “Trump knows what would be perceived as something hysterical and he loves hysteria. There are millions of people who think I’m a member of ISIS to this day.”

The photograph — taken by photographer Tyler Shields — first hit the Internet on May 30. Griffin issued an apology the same day, saying the image had gone “too far,” but months later apparently retracted her apology, explaining she didn’t believe she had done anything wrong.

Trump responded to the photo in a tweet the following day, explaining that his children, including his young son Barron, were having a “hard time” with the image. One report claimed Barron had seen the photograph on television and had “panicked,” not knowing who Griffin is or whether the photograph was fake.

The image, from photographer Tyler Shields, ignited a firestorm of controversy when it was first published online by TMZ in May. (Tyler Shields/TMZ)

Griffin added that she thinks Trump seized upon the photograph to “distract” from his then-recent firing of FBI director James Comey.

The photograph was met with widespread condemnation as Griffin was almost immediately fired from CNN, where she had hosted the network’s New Year’s Eve coverage for a decade, saw numerous stops on her cross-country tour canceled, and was questioned by the U.S. Secret Service.

In June, Griffin held a press conference with attorney Lisa Bloom in which she also blamed Trump for the reaction to the photograph and said she believed the backlash was sexist.

“It’s a bunch of white guys trying to silence me,” she said. “This wouldn’t be happening to a guy. This is a woman thing.”

Griffin told Politico she can no longer perform in the U.S. as a result of the backlash, but has found keen audiences overseas.

“They were thrilled to have someone come over and make fun of Trump,” she said. “I wish I could tour in the U.S. without getting shot — I know I can’t. I was in the middle of a 50-city tour when the tweet happened. It was canceled in 24 hours.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.brei...rump-backlash-trump-beheading-photo/amp/

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep this was really funny!

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sometimes you get what you deserve. Glad it happened in her case.

.280 AI Fan

"I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts" Will Rogers

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Unknown

Trump 2024!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, it's Trump's fault. If he had just ignored her, she could go on with her life, being an [bleep].

Last edited by 308ragincajun; 12/31/17.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
lucky her. she wanted attention, and she got it !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She is kinda ugly & looks like little tits.

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She went too far, wanted to be relevant again....then she woke up in a pool of her own pizz.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yep , can you imagine what she'd look like after some drunk dude licked all that make-up off of her after a one night stand . Or maybe I should have said a drunk dude or dudette .

She and about 98% of female comedians are about as funny and entertaining as a box of rocks .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
lucky her. she wanted attention, and she got it !

In spades (no pun intended).

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Yep , can you imagine what she'd look like after some drunk dude licked all that make-up off of her after a one night stand . Or maybe I should have said a drunk dude or dudette .

She and about 98% of female comedians are about as funny and entertaining as a box of rocks .

Like this?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Eye bleach..........eye bleach......................just can't unsee that.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Griffin told Politico she can no longer perform in the U.S. as a result of the backlash, but has found keen audiences overseas.

Terrific! She's just where we want her. GONE.

Lordy, she's hideous to look at!

DMc : )

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Jesus she is ugly...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Life’s tough but it’s tougher when you’re stupid.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Like this?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sandbilly ,

You no good for nothing - you nearly blinded me -how about a little advanced warning so I could have blindfolded myself before looking .

You just ruined 2017 for me !! laugh

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
She needs to get together with the Dixie Chicks and talk about old times.

jimjr
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Like this?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sandbilly ,

You no good for nothing - you nearly blinded me -how about a little advanced warning so I could have blindfolded myself before looking .

You just ruined 2017 for me !! laugh

Just doin’ my part..😁

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Eye bleach..........eye bleach......................just can't unsee that.

I just can’t unsee.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Everyone is to blame for her stupidity! Lmao!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Lots of frustrated democrats, can't spank it to the NYE Griffin Ho-fest.
She talked dirty for free once a year.
Ol Cooper will probably suffice.........not much of a diff.
Maybe the libs will be mellow for the first of the year.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/31/17.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,932
Posts18,498,721
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.