-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Santa understands that I remain on a self imposed gun restriction. He did consider bringing me a Creedmoor but decided against it as he realized that I already had better. wink

Happy New Year all!

Geo

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

HR IC

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My wife works at a local gun shop, and while I was looking on the used rack I came across an older tang safety M77 in .358 Win. I had her put it on layaway, with the understanding that it would be my Christmas present. I picked up an older gloss Burris 1.5-5x20 off of Ebay, and the low front ring should be here from Midway tomorrow. I already have some 225 gr Accubonds loaded up from a 358 Hawkeye I sold a couple years ago.
I have a bunch of 200 gr Interlocks, 225 gr Gamekings, 225 gr TSX and 225 gr Accubonds waiting with 4 lbs of TAC and about 125 pieces of brass. My only dilemma is weather or not I want to chop 2 inches off of the barrel or leave it as is.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Didn't get one myself, but I did get to play with a couple.

My uncle died about a year and a half ago. For Christmas this year my aunt decided to give one of his deer rifles to each of her two grandsons. She got me to check them out and clean them up first. I decided not to stop there. They are both M77s, one a tang safety wood/blue 30-06 with iron sights and the other a skeleton stock 7Mag. I replaced the trigger springs to get them down from about 5lbs to about 3.5lbs. I also worked on the magazines with a Dremel to stop them from binding against the action. Finally I floated the barrels and Devcon bedded the actions. They both came with some factory ammo which I used to get them sighted back in. They shot pretty well with that ammo but I offered to work up handloads for both rifles in the spring after our deer season ends.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Grand fellow TATELAW.

I hope they appreciate your efforts and cherish those rifles

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by wareagle700
Ho Ho Ho

[Linked Image]

For some reason I keep coming back to look at this rifle. Lovely!

Congratulations

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wareagle700
Ho Ho Ho

[Linked Image]

Very good looking rifle! I love the 1903 action!

Harry
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by GeoW
Santa understands that I remain on a self imposed gun restriction. He did consider bringing me a Creedmoor but decided against it as he realized that I already had better. wink

Happy New Year all!

Geo

Apparently Sir, you have not read all the threads about the above mentioned cartridge walking on water. Otherwise you would have temporarily removed the restriction and "pulled the trigger" on a rifle so chambered grin .

Last edited by Ruger77Shooter; 01/01/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
Originally Posted by GeoW

Happy New Year all!

Geo

Apparently Sir, you have not read all the threads about the above mentioned cartridge walking on water. Otherwise you would have temporarily removed the restriction and "pulled the trigger" on a rifle so chambered grin .

And watch it a go the way of the 260 Rem? 😜

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwall
16 -

Truthfully, I'm not in the market for ANYMORE guns. I am NOT purging so I have more than I can hunt in any year's season.

I have THE handguns I want. Ruger 22 Mk II Target SS, S&W 6906 - 9mm L
Ruger 10-22 SS Laminate 22 LR
Multiple Shotguns

Certainly there are a few guns that I wouldn't MIND having but I'm not looking. IF one falls in my lap, that's a diff story,

Well '16' Guess What ?,

Since YOU pushed me off the cliff, I thot it appropriate to resurrect this thread.

As I said above, I have NOT been looking BUT someBODY we know dumped this one in my lap. whistle

I have made a deal to get a Tikka T 3 Lite SS 7 Rem Mag. 'Pre Owned' as they say at the car lots. I have not been looking because I have a perfectly good shooting 700 Syn 7 mag. I DON'T like that stock as well as my Black Shadow OR the Tikka T 3 stock.

SO I'm REplacing my Syn 7 mag with a T 3 Lite SS + it has the detachable magazine I like much better than the 'blind' magazine.

So There You Have it. It's NOT a Christmas present but it 'fell in my lap'.

edit to add : this rifle is NOT an addition to my stable. I already have two 7 mags.
The Syn 7 is going down the road.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 01/23/18.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It's the gift that keeps giving all year long.....

IC B3

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
The wife bought me a Savage FV in 204 for Christmas,now I just need a scope for my birthday!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10ring1, 1234, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,255
Posts18,486,342
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.