Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Can someone please explain what this title means and where a list of such shooters could be found? Thanks

GB1

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Look at the following page. It should have the information you're looking for.

http://thecmp.org/competitions/distinguishedbadges/

-- Scott

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Distinguished Program is sanctioned by the Civilian Marksmanship Program (formerly the Director of Civilian Marksmanship). I will speak to the Rifle program as it is with what I am familiar. The competitions are shot with Service Rifles (AR-15, M1A, M1). These rifles can have certain modifications as outlined by CMP rules. a 4 1/2 pound trigger is required. The course of fire is 10 shots at 200 yards offhand in 10 minutes, 10 shots from a seated position at 200 yards in 60 seconds, starting standing and includes a magazine change, 10 shots from a prone position at 300 yards in 70 seconds, starting standing and includes a magazine change, and finally 20 shots from a prone position at 600 yards in 20 minutes. No sighters are allowed, slings are allowed except in offhand.

Points are issued as per:

LEG Points

You need 30 points to become distinguished.

A Short History

You can filter the link below by rifle, pistol. international

List of Distinguished Shooters

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks guys. Do know of any individual that has shot 7 distinguished scores at Quantico?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I am not sure what is meant by distinguished scores???

If you are in the top 10% you will earn LEG points if you are not already Distinguished.

If you shoot 476 or higher you will receive a Gold Medal, 465 to 475 gets you a silver, and 454 to 464 wins a bronze. The appropriate pins are given to shooters distinguished or not.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Distinguished Pistol is basically the same as rifle as far as the accumulation of leg points. Our course of fire is 10 shots in 10 minutes for the slow fire stage; timed fire is 5 shots in 20 seconds two times for a total of 10 rounds; rapid fire is 5 shots in 10 seconds twice for a total of 10 shots. That completes the firing, 30 rounds. The top 10% of non-distinguished shooters receive leg points. The most points you can receive at a match is 10 depending upon the number of competitors. You must accumulate 30 points to become Distinguished.

So in answer to the question about an individual firing 7 distinguished scores, there is no set number for a distinguished score. An individual could fire a score above the cut off for legs and could be considered a "distinguished score", but that wouldn't necessarily be a big deal.
Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NRA has a distinguished program too.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are at least three rifle Distinguished shooters on this board that I know of. "Distinguished Scores" is not a correct use of the terminology. What specifically are you wanting to know? Someone making claims that you're trying to check up on?

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Roger that. PPC (top medal) and Precision Revolver.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Double Distinguished (Service Rifle & Service Pistol), US Army

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RGK; 01/22/18.
H
H
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Thanks guys. Do know of any individual that has shot 7 distinguished scores at Quantico?

It's possible that an Non Distinguished shooter could shoot 7 Bronze scores and still not Leg out. A shooter that never earns a "Hard Leg" could, in theory, earn limitless 6 point legs without ever going Distinguished. Service members also have other requirements they must meet depending on branch of service.

Last edited by hipwr223; 02/23/18.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
When did leg matches have "minimum" scores? I"ve seen legs go as low as 440s and scores as high as 480s not make the "cut"

Something must have changed.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And WTF? Grins... wife is listed in front of me...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have a shooter at my club that is now distinguished in both pistol and rifle. They tell me this is quite rare.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not too many around.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d say, I look rather distinguished in my black suit, with, my Wilson Combat Professional, snugged up close, on my hip, in it’s soft black leather, Mitch Rosen Slimline...😁

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Appleseed has a distinguished program too...the term "Distinguished" is meaning less and less these days.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The "Distinguished" program has been greatly watered down since my early pistol shooting days. When I started, you were issued 30 rounds of full bore "rip your arm" off hardball on the line. You had no idea where your 1911 sight should be and had to adjust quickly based on your first shot or two or your day was done. Later, the Beretta 9mm was allowed.

Next, the decision was made to allow shooters to bring their own handloaded ammo to the line which met rules concerning the bullet. Powder puff loads were then, naturally, allowed and you already had your sight settings. If that wasn't enough, now you can bring any number of pistols to the line with your handloaded ammo.

Guess what? Scores haven't gone up to any appreciable amount throughout all this loosening of the rules. It appears these changes were made to hopefully increase participation. When DCM ceased to exist and CMP took over, it seems to be about money.
Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Youper
We have a shooter at my club that is now distinguished in both pistol and rifle. They tell me this is quite rare.

I know a couple and I know of another one.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Distinguished Pistol Badge which I earned from DCM (now CMP). I also have a Distinguished Revolver Badge from NRA. Do I consider myself double Distinguished? NO. I don't consider the NRA Distinguished to be the real deal. The only Distinguished badges that I consider meaningful come from DCM/CMP in addition to medaling in the Olympics. Before Distinguished designations started growing on trees, there were only 3. Pistol, Rifle, and medaling in the shooting sports at the Olympics. Triple distinguished shooters are few and far between.
Phil

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
distinguished awards are nice, but I know I real nice gentleman who has a distinguished pistol badge I does shoot very well, but this was kinda funny during a pistol carry class ,he showed the class how well he can shoot just for a nice demonstration ,then he ask anyone want to try this and he ranks about 15 in pistol shooting at the time and like I said he is a super nice guy and was going to let anyone who wanted too use his custom pistol too. my 21 year old son said he would try it but just wanted to use his glock 40 caliber pistol ,son beat him twice in a role and has no badges just a kid who likes to shoot a pistol. he came home and wanted to try these pistol shoots all over the country and the nice guy that has a distinguished pistol badge thought he should too. I told him dad " that`s me " can`t afford it and you are in college so keep your grades up!

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1lessdog, 65 invisible), 2,859 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.