Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
1/2/2018 18:57 PST - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
1/2/2018 18:57 PST - Buyer: I bought a set of rcbs reloading dies which he stated were in very good condition. I received them today and they are very rusty and pitted, Therefore you can not use them to relaod with. I expect a full refund
1/2/2018 16:09 PST - Buyer: I purchased a set of rifle dies from this
seller and they are rusted so bad I can't use them and they are no good as ther seller said they were in great shape. I expect a full refund

This is the crap he told paypal. It's complete BS. I NEVER offered any description. I will be happy to cut and paste PMs if anybody cares. This guy should be avoided.
Patrick

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I bought only once on a different board. I had trouble, finally settled it. What I learned in retrospect is to look at the guy's postings; if in the general areas, OK; if just in the buy/sell listings the guy is not a fellow sportsman but is in business.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodge268
1/2/2018 18:57 PST - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
1/2/2018 18:57 PST - Buyer: I bought a set of rcbs reloading dies which he stated were in very good condition. I received them today and they are very rusty and pitted, Therefore you can not use them to relaod with. I expect a full refund
1/2/2018 16:09 PST - Buyer: I purchased a set of rifle dies from this
seller and they are rusted so bad I can't use them and they are no good as ther seller said they were in great shape. I expect a full refund

This is the crap he told paypal. It's complete BS. I NEVER offered any description. I will be happy to cut and paste PMs if anybody cares. This guy should be avoided.
Patrick

I avoid the professional classified buyers and sellers in every forum. More than likely he's pissed he can't tun a profit.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The buyer is definitely a whiny bitch - I totally agree with that. On the don't deal with list...

I just can't figure the OPs abject refusal to admit that he should have disclosed the condition, albeit cosmetic, which was the entire cause of the problem. Still my opinion and just that. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Again, hindsight is 20/20. I figured offering pictures was sufficient. I was wrong. Should have done due diligence and looked further into his postings. I was trying to do a guy a favor at Christmas. Bit me in the ass. I'm not refusing to admit I should have disclosed condition. I made the mistake of assuming the guy actually knew what reloading dies do. I will endeavor to do better in the future.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yep. You still side step it. You [bleep] up dealing with him. You [bleep] up thinking offering pics was sufficient. You [bleep] up and made assumptions. Actually you [bleep] up not disclosing the rust. Oh, I already said that. LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
So saying I was wrong isn't admitting I was wrong? I should have told him there was surface rust that did not in any way affect the use or operation of the dies in question. Is that clear enough?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by dodge268
So saying I was wrong isn't admitting I was wrong? I should have told him there was surface rust that did not in any way affect the use or operation of the dies in question. Is that clear enough?

Yah, that's stuff! grin

I'm glad you posted this as that guy is no damned good to deal with. You're a GoodGuy.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i probably have 40 sets of dies. They have various stages of goop and discoloration on them, because they have been used. I keep thinking about throwing them in a tub filled with gas to soak out all the lube and stuff. I don't think your buyer would like me.

i put mine in a can of carb cleaner after i dissembled them.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought only manlicker and milespatton put people on the "wahhhhh, Ignore" you never struck me as that type. Oh well.

Not quite sure how I got into this but, I am now watching meatsanta226. He could earn a place on my list. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Put some Kroils on the dies use a small brass brush to scrub the rust off....use WD-40 spray to wash off dirty oil give a good coat of good gun oil....should look almost good as new unless theres pitting ....

If the inside of the die was not rusted I would have just clean them....your not going to go to Walmart and get a set of 6.5-06 dies.... $40 is a reasonable price with minor external surface rust...

Tell him send the dies back you will give him a refund when you receive them....

He can go buy NEW if thats what he wants....Midsouth has new dies $66.58 plus shipping....https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0004427801/6halfmm-06-full-length-2-die-set

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
He seems to have disappeared.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I asked him for pictures of the pits. I even told him I'd give him $50 if he posted pics of the pits. Crickets.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Some people are just hard to deal with; we've all had similar experiences.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I asked him for pictures of the pits. I even told him I'd give him $50 if he posted pics of the pits. Crickets.

The PitGate pics. Will we ever see the??

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
So, this morning I received an email from PayPal stating that the money has been released due to the "amicable" resolution of the dispute. Don't remember any amicable interactions with the guy but I guess he figured out how to repair badly pitted reloading dies. Guess we won't get to see the pictures of the dies in question, hell he's probably resold them already. He did do a nice job of being a dick and keeping the money tied up for a week so Kudos for that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The buyer is obviously a difficult POS flipper that took advantage of your good nature and hopefully everyone reads the post on in the classifieds sticky. You might also want to add a link in that post to this thread.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Cuz if you can't tell I'm pulling your leg you might want to step away from the explosives for a day or two! laugh

Sorry Dodge, it's not you, it's me, I'm in one of those moods! Have a good day.

Smokeless powder is not an explosive. Flammable, yes.

Kidding ya Fireball.

GOA
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I left ammo box in back of Polaris, it had about 70 rounds of 7 mag in it. Now I have to pull them apart, start over. I’m angry with myself for leaving them in the rain. I’m thinking about kicking my own ass.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Hanco, can you post a pic of what they look like now? Are you afraid water got inside?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,184
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.