Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well, I frequently drive by it.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kenneth
your wearing Velour.....

oh hell....here we go.

Wool not velour. Pendelton shirt than belonged to my grandfather.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/12522498/scott-f[/img]

This is a picture of a Trump voter sitting in a comfortable leather chair enjoying a black coffee. He is armed with a 1911 and two spare 8 round magazines. He is not gay or a snowflake. The beautiful lady who took his order and poured his black coffee already knew not to ask him if he wanted room for cream and filled the cup to the top. She happens to be a Veteran, a marine back from the sandbox.

Those who do not like this picture are free to do so, the man in the picture does not give a $hit. grin

The man in the picturesdoes not seem well versed in posting pictures in the new Campfire. crazy

G. Gordon Liddy likes Starbucks? grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/12522498/scott-f[/img]

This is a picture of a Trump voter sitting in a comfortable leather chair enjoying a black coffee. He is armed with a 1911 and two spare 8 round magazines. He is not gay or a snowflake. The beautiful lady who took his order and poured his black coffee already knew not to ask him if he wanted room for cream and filled the cup to the top. She happens to be a Veteran, a marine back from the sandbox.

Those who do not like this picture are free to do so, the man in the picture does not give a $hit. grin

The man in the picturesdoes not seem well versed in posting pictures in the new Campfire. crazy

Yeah, but does he have his financial life in order enough to be able to afford to splurge on a cup of SB coffee?

Good and reasonable question. The man lives on SS and a VA disability and will do so for the rest of his life. By your standers probably not. He does not have millions of dollars to draw on. However, the man in his wife are content to live within their means. They neither have or want a huge house, the kind I call a monument to self. They have enough to eat, cloth themselves, drive a reliable car, have a small camper, and their health insurance is covered for life. They have enough every month to give to those in need. Black coffee at Starbucks is not out of range with coffee in many restaurants. They enjoy a cup ever week or two and kind of a date. After 38 years and raising six children they still like a date now and then.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kid0917
Nice haircut, sir!
laugh

Thanks! I save fifteen bucks every month by shaving my head. Fifteen bucks will buy five Starbucks coffees. Todays coffee was free, reward points on our Starbucks card.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stantdm
I would go without coffee if my only option was SB. Never going to support that company.

I agree, those ten thousand veterans the hired need to be out of work and on the street. Dirty vets should not have jobs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice haircut, sir!
laugh

Thanks! I save fifteen bucks every month by shaving my head. Fifteen bucks will buy five Starbucks coffees. Todays coffee was free, reward points on our Starbucks card.

ROFL! Good planning! and strategiary!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SB’s isn’t big down this way. Maybe inside a target. And i don’t drink coffee. That’s for old folks.

But give me a McAllister’s sweet tea with lemon. Now you talking.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nice haircut, sir!
laugh

Just think, if everyone shaved their head, they'd all have their financial houses in order.

You should start a new thread: "Do you shave your head?"

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Nice haircut, sir!
laugh

Just think, if everyone shaved their head, they'd all have their financial houses in order.

You should start a new thread: "Do you shave your head?"

In order to save your money you have to dump the fancy 20 edge blades and go back to a safety razor. It helps if you make your own soap too.

Last edited by Scott F; 01/04/18.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stantdm
I would go without coffee if my only option was SB. Never going to support that company.

I agree, those ten thousand veterans the hired need to be out of work and on the street. Dirty vets should not have jobs.

Scott, I remember going into Starbucks around 2005, I think. They had a deal, where if you bought a pound of coffee for the troops, they would buy a pound for the troops, and send them both over to the sandbox.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ll go to Starbucks if it’s my only choice but I like getting coffee from one of the local stands. They make my breve just the way I like it, they’re polite and local. I don’t have any ill will for Starbucks in general but I also don’t live my life looking for reasons to be angry.

Scott, You’re a rich man and if our paths ever cross it’ll be my pleasure buying you a Starbucks. 👍 There’s a lot of knowledge to be gained here but pragmatism and common sense is a bit more elusive sometimes. 😉

All my best for you and yours in the new year.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
SB’s isn’t big down this way. Maybe inside a target. And i don’t drink coffee. That’s for old folks.

But give me a McAllister’s sweet tea with lemon. Now you talking.

Starbucks is okay, I can take it or leave it. Panera Bread coffee is better. McAlister's sweet tea is the shizzle!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The cafe market is huge in Australia, given our population. Australians actually like good coffee, and we drink a lot of it.

When Starbucks opened here in 2000 they put in dozens of outlets, and invested heavily. However they were a complete flop, and after a few years they closed most of their outlets, laid off hundreds of employees and lost well over $100M.

There's a message in that, perhaps.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Okanagan
I don't frequent Starbucks but I seldom it.

I don't like Starbucks politics but that goes for pert near any outfit that comes out of Seattle. I boycott some businesses but I'm not going to spite myself over Starbucks. If somebody says meet me at SB, I meet them there, but seldom go otherwise. In the PNW on both sides of the border there are MANY copy cat coffee places that give alternatives to SB, some of them excellent like Hurricane Coffee in Sequim, WA.

This morning the Starbucks in Safeway was the only place open within walking distance after I dropped my vehicle off for repair, and my wife couldn't pick me up for an hour. I got eats from the Safeway Bakery, the smallest cup of black coffee SB offered and a comfortable seat to read. So shoot me.

Survival situations are not referred to as frequenting. smile

blush grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This thread got me thinking about coffee lingo and I inadvertently google ‘Mocha Madness’. These are some of the results.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Just how I like my women and coffee, hot and black!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Note to self.......never...and I mean NEVER...google Mocha Madness.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ll go to Starbucks if it’s my only choice but I like getting coffee from one of the local stands. They make my breve just the way I like it, they’re polite and local. I don’t have any ill will for Starbucks in general but I also don’t live my life looking for reasons to be angry.

Scott, You’re a rich man and if our paths ever cross it’ll be my pleasure buying you a Starbucks. 👍 There’s a lot of knowledge to be gained here but pragmatism and common sense is a bit more elusive sometimes. 😉

All my best for you and yours in the new year.

Thank you Sir. I hope that day comes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kingston
This thread got me thinking about coffee lingo and I inadvertently google ‘Mocha Madness’. These are some of the results.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That was uncalled for!! Lucky I only had one eye open.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,912
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.