Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Doud offered a price at 360.00... did not bother to tell campfire members" oh, you get a 40.00 credit or break on the price until I said I will go elsewhere... Good luck with your purchases from him.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
You and tansinator swapping spit? Bet money you are...

Maybe you're drunk? Or just a poor miserable old prick?

Maybe you just have your head in the sand when it comes to douud...

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
You and tansinator swapping spit? Bet money you are...

Maybe you're drunk? Or just a poor miserable old prick?

Possible you're a little chickenshit prik who's never been anywhere or done anything... I'll bet money that's the case...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CZ_Hunter
Still expensive considering these are made by a FAKE company. You could buy Cabela's Euro HD version of MoOpta HD 8x32 for $349.00 during the holidays.

Cabela Instinct Euro HD 8x32mm has never been $349.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did you buy them from CLNY? How do you like them?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Guys,
It is what it is. I was on another call when he called in. It happens. Scottie, Jeff, Joel, Neil and I are the Camera Land team. Yes, Neil and I the ones who most folks know from the forums, however, anyone here is more than able to assist you or quite frankly, they wouldn't be here.
No matter what the product you are looking for, please let me re-state as we say this all the time, please call in rather than go to our web site.
The industry manufacturers pretty much all have MAP (minimum advertised price) pricing. We can sell a product to you at a discount but cannot put a reduced price in an ad without the manufacturers approval.

As far as this transaction is concerned, I am glad that I was able to inform you about the GPO 8x32 ED binocular and I hope you enjoy it. Yes, I'd prefer that you support us, however, I'm happy knowing you got a great new optic because we suggested it.
Enjoy it

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
As always Doug thank you for your continued support of this forum, great prices and superior customer service. I have been using you for over a decade and know Camera Land is a class act, sadly that can not be said about all the members of the Fire.

Happy New Year's to all.

Last edited by spence1875; 01/04/18.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I bought a pair of these from Doug last fall and used them exclusively from Sept through the end of the year. I had been looking for a good pair of 8-32’s for awhile but without the ability to actually try them in a store I was a little skeptical. I PM’d Doug and he offered to take them back no questions asked if I didn’t like them. I ordered them online and got them in 4 or 5 days. In the field they have been great, exactly what I wanted, and I agree that they are probably the best value in this size range under $500. I had shopped and compared similar glass in that price range from Nikon, Leupold and Vortex and wasn’t impressed enough to buy any of them.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by kingston
Still expensive considering these are made by a FAKE company. You could buy Cabela's Euro HD version of MoOpta HD 8x32 for $349.00 during the holidays.

Yes, they were $349. They were rolling out a new updated version before the holidays (same glass, a slightly different knob, and design) and were selling the 8x32 for $349 and the 10x32 Euro HD for $399. I bought the 10x32 version just because I live on the west coast and need more magnification.

... and I also have the 15x56 Euro HD version that I picked up at the Bargain Cave for about $650.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I feel compelled to weigh in on this conversation. I saw the Cameraland listing of these binocs on this site, and received an email regarding same, as I am on their mailing list. Despite all of the negative chatter here, I decided that they looked like a quality product at a good price, so I called and placed an order with Joel, just a few minutes ago. No problems, just a little chatter about the blizzard, done deal, at the listed price $359.99. Five minutes later Joel calls back, said he spoke to Doug, how about we knock off $40, just because we’re having a blizzard. WTF!!! Totally unsolicited. Have you ever had that happen before? I sure haven’t! I’ve been doing a moderate amount of business with them over the years, they’ve always been courteous, easy to deal with, and priced below the competition, my “go-to” guys when I’m in the market for optics, but this is way beyond anything I’ve ever experienced.
So, my hats off to Cameraland, let the vitriol fly if you must, but you certainly won’t hear anything negative from me.

IC B3

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have not needed any optics in some time until right before Christmas. I called Doug and he gave me a great price and he was great to deal with. I took his advise and the product I received exceeded my expectations.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

Yes, they were $349. They were rolling out a new updated version before the holidays (same glass, a slightly different knob, and design) and were selling the 8x32 for $349 and the 10x32 Euro HD for $399. I bought the 10x32 version just because I live on the west coast and need more magnification.

... and I also have the 15x56 Euro HD version that I picked up at the Bargain Cave for about $650.

If this is true, you got one heck of a bargain.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Doug ....... and anyone else who has had first hand experience,

Are you familiar with the "now discontinued" Leupold BX-3 Mojave 8x32?

I've been considering buying the Mojaves(I owned a pair and regret that I sold them. They were excellent optically!)

How do the GPO Passion 8x32 EDs compare? Are they better optically than the 8x32 Mojaves?

Thanks in advance,

Leftybolt

Last edited by leftybolt; 01/05/18.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Lefty, I have the Mojave 8x32, and like you, I find it outstanding. In spite of the ":ED" label the optics are superb, and eye relief is adequate, The Cabelas Guide series 8x32 was the same binocular. ED glass, since it comes in various grades, can be easily seen, and sometimes not hardly perceptable.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by leftybolt

I've been considering buying the Mojaves(I owned a pair and regret that I sold them. They were excellent optically!)

How do the GPO Passion 8x32 EDs compare? Are they better optically than the 8x32 Mojaves?

Thanks in advance,

Leftybolt

I cannot give a fair answer as I have no way to do a side by side with these two optics. I'm sorry I can't give a better answer, but without having one of each at the same time it's impossible

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by leftybolt

Thanks in advance,

Leftybolt

I bought a pair of the BX-3 Mojaves in 8-32 last year from Cabela's. I brought them home and was disappointed in the clarity and brightness compared to some other bino's I own so I returned them. I waited for the BX-2 Tiogas to come out this year and thought they were about the same. I bought the GPO's last fall and to me they are significantly better.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
In my experience if anyone needs better service or support than Camera Land provides you are un-reasonable and that ends the conversation.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JBB111
In my experience if anyone needs better service or support than Camera Land provides you are un-reasonable and that ends the conversation.

Thank you, that's very kind of you

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Just an update to my earlier post in this thread.

First off, I appreciate the opinions expressed here regarding the GPO Passion 8x32 and the Leupold BX-3 8x32 Mojave.

After a few days searching online I found a couple sights that had really good deals w/free shipping and returns and purchased both binoculars with the intention of keeping the better of the two.

Long story short, I sent the GPO back and kept the Leupold. Just proves the point that everyone's eyes are different and you really need to compare for yourself when making an optics purchase. I had hoped that I would like the GPO better than the Leupold BX-3 because as I stated previously I'd regretted getting rid of the BX-3s I'd owned in the past. Even though the GPO was quite nice, I found just about everything about the Leupold more to my liking(Better focus wheel, larger sweet spot and better edge clarity, brighter image, better depth of field, better rubber armoring...).

Glad I picked up another set of these Leupold Mojave 8x32s before they are no longer available! They really are a nice little binocular for the price.

Leftybolt

Last edited by leftybolt; 02/06/18.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 45 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,333
Posts18,526,724
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.