Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.en...-ban-new-fossil-fuel-vehicles-from-2040/

California bill would ban new fossil fuel vehicles from 2040
Green
California bill would ban new fossil fuel vehicles from 2040
All new cars sold in the state would have to be zero emission vehicles.
Rachel England Rachel England, 46m ago
Under a new bill introduced this week, every single new car sold in California after 2040 would be an emission-free vehicle. The bill, introduced by San Francisco Assemblyman Phil Ting, is in line with Governor Jerry Brown's goal for 1.5 million zero-emission cars on the state's roads by 2025.

In a statement, Ting said that, "We're at an inflection point: We've got to address the harmful emissions that cause climate change", and noted that vehicles that run on fossil fuels are responsible for nearly 40 percent of California's greenhouse gas emissions.

If the bill is passed, the sale of new passenger vehicles powered by fossil fuels would be banned from January 1 2040, helping the state to achieve its target of slashing greenhouse gas emissions by 80 percent from 1990 levels by 2050.

California is already home to some 300,000 electric vehicles, but eliminating the sale of fossil fuel cars -- even within 22 years -- seems like an ambitious target. Around 2.1 million vehicles were sold in 2016 and just 1.9 percent of those were zero-emission. However, it's not entirely unachievable -- the UK and Germany have already put similar measures in place. Cost and infrastructure remain top concerns for buyers looking at green vehicles, so legislation like this is at least giving carmakers a renewed focus on these issues.

Proud NRA Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It takes years to get the necessary permits to build a nuke power plant to recharge all those new cars. They'd better include that in the bill so they can get started.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kalifornia is truly determined to F itself up utterly and completely.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
LMAO... Man, what a state!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Those cars cars are not powered with nuclear. They’re powered with coal fired plants in other states. They actually cause more CO2 than gasoline burning cars.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Those cars cars are not powered with nuclear. They’re powered with coal fired plants in other states. They actually cause more CO2 than gasoline burning cars.

I am guessing that when all vehicles there will be non-fossil fuel the old coal fired plants will be a touch limited in capacity and, more than likely, all gone. Who knows by 2040 what technology will exist given the rate of change of late.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

California gets a lot of its "certified green energy" from hydro dams on the Columbia river in the state of Washington

these green energy dams have destroyed historic salmon and steelhead and sturgeon populations plus it seems the dams also cause global warming

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...enhouse-gas-methane-study-climate-change

More Kalifornia stupid

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Kalifornia is truly determined to F itself up utterly and completely.

They'll gladly take the rest of the country down with them. It's what lieberal demoncraps do.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I really hope California's utter nonsense doesn't drift over to Arizona like it did Colorado. My wife is from southern AZ and we'll probably end up somewhere in north central AZ at some point. I just hope it's not Arifornia or Calizona by the time we're ready leave New Yorkistan in the dust.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
AZ will be as lost as CO by the time you plan to leave. The liberal rats are leaving the North East, CA, OR, WA are flocking to CO and AZ.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
when America puts the wall up we need to give Mexico the south half of California ,that would solve us a lot of problems ??

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by pete53
when America puts the wall up we need to give Mexico the south half of California ,that would solve us a lot of problems ??

I'm all for that as long as they gotta keep it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by EdM

I am guessing that when all vehicles there will be non-fossil fuel the old coal fired plants will be a touch limited in capacity and, more than likely, all gone. Who knows by 2040 what technology will exist given the rate of change of late.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing about technological change. We really have no idea what the climate (political or environmental) will be doing by then, and the technology available to us may have rendered this whole discussion moot. I suspect the whole anthropogenic global warming narrative will have faded into history with other fads like the hula hoop and the fidget spinner by then, though.

But it seems unlikely to me that the goal is achievable unless clean nuclear fusion becomes a reality.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That place is ate up with stupid.
*But don't worry, they're exporting it as fast as they can.

Last edited by Fireball2; 01/04/18.

LOL
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Outstanding please continue with these wonderful farsighted ideas. They can only insure the ongoing prosperity and economic growth of California.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck with that. I'm doing the best I can to move us out of the fossil fuel age by using a crew cab long bed 4 x 4 Ford 350 pickup just to get to the office. I'll go electric when it becomes economically feasible and all I do is drive to the post office.

They actually pay their legislatures to think that stuff up?

We should start buying stock in Chinese battery producers today.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/04/18.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can see it now. Hollywood mega stars and executives riding around in their electric Rolls Royce two seaters, golf cart sized electric Masserati speedsters at 20 MPH, and electric Mercedes Benz VW with no AC.

What fun times the swells are going to have being El Greenies. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Don’t forget holly wired etc jetting around the world/ east coast several times monthly on their solar powered aircraft......

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
It isn't the hollywood elite or the rich who will suffer Its the normal folks who need a car for $20K . Some of the Teslas are pretty nice now and I imagine in 20 years they will be super nice, probably with a 400+mi range and all the response and torque electrics are known for. What doesn't exist and is going to need another techological revolution is producing a electric for $20K. California is made for drivers, the cities don't grow up like NYC they are all sprall and because of the dispersed population mass transit sucks and is always going to suck. There are a couple million commuters who can't afford even a Tesla Model 3, they start at $35K and the S and The X are significantly more.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
The electricity has to come from somewhere as do the horrible compounds in the batteries.

CNG is the way to go as we have lots, it's non poluting and conventional technology engines last 4X longer using it.

Future ? Small CNG motor driving an alternator running electric motors on each wheel. Railroads have been doing it since the 1930s with diesel fuel.

Tesla is a fraud and absent government hand outs and tax rebates would have failed long ago. Remember Obama's solar cell companies ? Same scam, just taking longer to fail.

If CA thinks it's a good idea, it's not. Who else built a nuke plant right on a fault line ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (anothergun, 6MMWASP, BB3, ar33c9, 7mm_Loco, 10Glocks, 7 invisible), 1,357 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,524
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.